ATH-M40X VS ATH-M50

agentagent47

ATH-M40X VS ATH-M50 ? which one is better ? i listen to 40% electronics ( mostly from NCS or monstercat music that i purhase on bandcamp )40% top 40s music ( payphone ( yes iam still listening to payphone ), breakfree, shake it off, etc ) 20% jazz ? maybe ( i don't know if faidherbe square is a jazz or not ).btw i like treble with a DEEP but not to much bass not punchy.. and iam afraid i can't try them. i ill buy base on you guys suggestions. also i have a Fiio E10K. iam open the suggestions for a headphone with my criterias as long it's around $0~$120 range.

M50 sounds slightly better but apparently they get uncomfortable after a while as the pads harden. I have the M40x and I love them, so I'd say save the money and get the M40x

"Rawr XD"

M50 sounds slightly better but apparently they get uncomfortable after a while as the pads harden. I have the M40x and I love them, so I'd say save the money and get the M40x

They get hard after ~6months (at least mine did).. which gives you more than enough time to save up and buy some of these

91kL5YsPCPL._SL1500_.jpghttp://www.amazon.com/Shure-HPAEC940-Replacement-Velour-Headphones/dp/B005OM06RG - The 840 pads work well too. And they're leather so you can choose which material you want. 

Or these if you have more money - http://www.amazon.com/ATH-M50-PADS-VELVET-ATH-M50RD-ATH-M50WH-ATH-M50xBL-ATH-M50xWH/dp/B00F2ZM6CS/ref=pd_cp_e_1

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

M50

At best the difference is minuscule. Get the M40X because of the removable cable and better pads.

sound quality ? what about them ? which one is better ?

sound quality ? what about them ? which one is better ?

i prefer the M50 because it has more bass. Apparently, the bass saves the strident treble they both have.

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.