AMD Slashes APU Prices

Opcode

"Slashing" prices usually mean a drastic enough difference that people would buy.

Do they not realize how terrible these are? Seriously.

These aren't terrible

"made the beat then murdered it, casey anthony"   - Childish Gambino

This is making me want to get money to build a media PC/Guest computer.. Making me start to wonder if I'd get a APU or the G3258. Hmm...

G3258

g3258 -> 70$

no needed fast ram or cpu cooler

r9 270 -> 140$ (depends tho, maybe 265 without rebate

1080p high settings bf3 60fps

7850k is not worth it :P unless you play like old games. but for gamers, you give cuple tenners more and you get 200% more

"no needed fast ram or cpu cooler" still requires ram xD wich adds to the price

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

"no needed fast ram or cpu cooler" still requires ram xD wich adds to the price

you save like 10$

so basicly 7850k is 153$

pentium + r9 270 is 210$

52$ difference

still way better, more than 200% boost

HD7750 is not half the 7870 performance. so the igpu is weak. r9 260x(hd7790) for 100$ destroys it. it can play 1080p.

between 7750 and 7790 there is also 7770, and is ALSO stronger. but price is a bit off.

7850 goes around 120$ and is 2 times better than 7750. its also overclock monster.

HD7750 crossfire ~ 7850

Hopefully Carrizo will fix hybrid crossfire and let you work with cards up through the 295x2, but its iGPU will be negligible better in terms of architecture (no extra cores either), gaining a boost only from onboard high-bandwidth memory, something bound to push prices into higher brackets.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Finally I see someone else with the same problems!!! Damnit LTT fix your site for safari web browser on iOS!

tapatalk works well enough for phones, have you tried that?

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

I wouldn't pay more than $110 for the 7850k.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

tapatalk works well enough for phones, have you tried that?

The problem is isolated to the delete key. If I get to typing quickly and hit the delete key I freeze on LTT and crash the browser. It's quite annoying.

Tapatalk sends your info off to a number of vendors. I refuse.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I wouldn't pay more than $110 for the 7850k.

$150 is reasonable to have a fully functioning overclockable SOC that is capable of decent gaming. You pay $180 for the FX 8370's performance and versatility, and you pay $150 for a complete computer with the 7850k. I think people are gonna be disappointed with Carrizo purely based on price. HBM is not gonna come cheap since it's brand-spanking new, even with only 32MB onboard. Hynix and Jedec are both going to cost consumers big. Excavator will bring some better CPU performance, but there is no core count boost expected for the iGPU. Hopefully though an upgrade to GCN 1.2 will mean hybrid XFire with everything up through the 295x2. I want to see a workstation 6-core variant with ECC for both the CPU and iGPU and 128MB of HBM. I'd happily $800 for that sucker as long as it supports all current OpenCL standards. I'm frankly shocked Intel hasn't released an Iris Pro 5200 Xeon with its 128MB of eDRAM cache and 832GFlops of iGPU. That's an entry-level workstation unto itself.

I'm frankly shocked Intel hasn't released an Iris Pro 5200 Xeon with its 128MB of eDRAM cache and 832GFlops of iGPU. That's an entry-level workstation unto itself.

As a programmer and as a user of Vegas Pro, I would buy that for a workstation in an instant.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

As a programmer and as a user of Vegas Pro, I would buy that for a workstation in an instant.

Just keep in mind GLFOPS aren't only thing to consider. My HD5850 has a higher FLOP count than a 7850, but the 7850 out performs it.

But that Iris Pro with 128MB of eDRAM and iGPU would be hell interesting to test out as perhaps a render node CPU.

Just keep in mind GLFOPS aren't only thing to consider. My HD5850 has a higher FLOP count than a 7850, but the 7850 out performs it.

But that Iris Pro with 128MB of eDRAM and iGPU would be hell interesting to test out as perhaps a render node CPU.

As one who has run OpenCL on Iris Pro 5200 (4950HQ MacBook Pro) I can tell you it goes toe to toe in performance to my old GTX 570.

i'm tired of the intel amd duopoly, the world needs a new third contender

Oligopoly is the word you are looking for I believe. And yes, having more competition would be great, but sadly if one sprung up, there would most likely be a large amount of skepticism about this new company.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

I was considering HTPC into living room just for movies and browsing with Kabini 5350 but now A6-7400k looks like a lot better option though it is 25W TDP vs 65W TDP. I wonder how powerful that A6 will be and how much TDP it will have if I underclock it to 5350 speed.

I have always bought Intel and Nvidia, but some of the Intel and Nvidia fans need to remember AMD never has the bleeding edge technology, but does provide high performance/$.

AMD was on the bleeding edge at lest three times in the last 15 years:

1. The first Athlon processors in 1999 -- blazing fast FPU, advanced FSB interface, firs to release 1GHz model.

2. The 64-bit extension to x86 with Opteron and Athlon64 in 2003, along with integrated memory controller at the same time.

3. First with dual-core x86 processors for both server and consumer markets in 2005.

Sadly, after Intel released Conroe, AMD just fell in to a endless loop of shortsighted moves and missed targets.

and you need gpu power for that?

a power saving low end HR pentium is enough

Try watching movies rendered at 1080p without a gpu. And tell me if it is smooth. Also use a cpu on the same price of these apus. -.-

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Try watching movies rendered at 1080p without a gpu. And tell me if it is smooth. Also use a cpu on the same price of these apus. -.-

If you have HD graphics 3000 and up you're good for 1080p movies.

AMD was on the bleeding edge at lest three times in the last 15 years:

1. The first Athlon processors in 1999 -- blazing fast FPU, advanced FSB interface, firs to release 1GHz model.

2. The 64-bit extension to x86 with Opteron and Athlon64 in 2003, along with integrated memory controller at the same time.

3. First with dual-core x86 processors for both server and consumer markets in 2005.

Sadly, after Intel released Conroe, AMD just fell in to a endless loop of shortsighted moves and missed targets.

I suppose you're right, but those are just products first to market. 

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Oligopoly is the word you are looking for I believe. And yes, having more competition would be great, but sadly if one sprung up, there would most likely be a large amount of skepticism about this new company.

Duopoly is also good in this case, duopoly is a specific kind of oligopoly while oligopoly generally means a market dominated by a small number of sellers. There would be a large amount of skepticism but if it comes with good deals and value it might manage to infiltrate the market, the same way One Plus manage to rise practically out of nowhere

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Duopoly is also good in this case, duopoly is a specific kind of oligopoly while oligopoly generally means a market dominated by a small number of sellers. There would be a large amount of skepticism but if it comes with good deals and value it might manage to infiltrate the market, the same way One Plus manage to rise practically out of nowhere

Okay. Yeah there would be some willing to go out on a limb and buy something new, but I don't think your average person knows about/ would buy it. If they could be lean enough to be profitable as a small company and be ready to grow while finding a niche to call home it might work and I would love to see someone try.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

I was considering HTPC into living room just for movies and browsing with Kabini 5350 but now A6-7400k looks like a lot better option though it is 25W TDP vs 65W TDP. I wonder how powerful that A6 will be and how much TDP it will have if I underclock it to 5350 speed.

I have an HTPC with the 5350. For what it cost, it's a fairly capable low-power APU. Very happy with it. 

Just something to keep in mind; the A6 Kaveri is a dual-core and the 5350 Kabini is a quad-core, but the A6-7400K will have a stronger iGPU and is overclock-able. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I have an HTPC with the 5350. For what it cost, it's a fairly capable low-power APU. Very happy with it. 

Just something to keep in mind; the A6 Kaveri is a dual-core and the 5350 Kabini is a quad-core, but the A6-7400K will have a stronger iGPU and is overclock-able. 

Oh, good to know. I though all APUs are quad core. I never checked the lower class ones.

I'd welcome it with open arms and wads of cash. I want change.

As one who has run OpenCL on Iris Pro 5200 (4950HQ MacBook Pro) I can tell you it goes toe to toe in performance to my old GTX 570.

Yeah exactly, the 570 should have a higher GFLOPS rating and would be expected to go faster.