[Need Opinions] Found R9 290 Waterblock + Backplate for cheap but...

So I found an EK R9 290 waterblock + Backplate for $130 or $85 bid (ends in 3 days) on the internets that I really want to grab but I currently do not have another r9 290 to put it on. 

I plan on Crossfiring in my rig later on down the road so I'm tempted to buy this. 

I'm also being told by friends to wait for the 300 series to be released in Q1 2015. 

Would you guys pounce on this deal or would you wait for the 300 series? 

I've also been told to buy the 900 series that came out but upgrading from an R9 290 to 900 series seems like a waste. 

If you can get em for $85, go for it. $130 isn't worth it since you can get the water block + back plate new for $130.

I also wouldn't go for it if this water cooled CF plan of yours is more than a month or two away.

I would think that CF 290's (especially if overclocked) should be at least as powerful as a single GTX 980 or the upcoming 300 series.

So no need to spend more than you have to, getting one of those IMO.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

If you can get em for $85, go for it. $130 isn't worth it since you can get the water block + back plate new for $130.

I also wouldn't go for it if this water cooled CF plan of yours is more than a month or two away.

I would think that CF 290's (especially if overclocked) should be at least as powerful as a single GTX 980 or the upcoming 300 series.

So no need to spend more than you have to, getting one of those IMO.

Where do you see them both for $130? I go to frozen cpu normally and its not as cheap. Also I should've mentioned the block + backplate being sold is still sealed and new. 

And could you explain why I shound't get it if its more than a month or two away? because the 300's are close? Or that I might change my mind. I was hoping to get another one during the holiday season. 

Where do you see them both for $130? I go to frozen cpu normally and its not as cheap. Also I should've mentioned the block + backplate being sold is still sealed and new. 

And could you explain why I shound't get it if its more than a month or two away? because the 300's are close? Or that I might change my mind. I was hoping to get another one during the holiday season. 

Hmm, if they're new and for $130< it's a good deal. I usually look at the EK website and the reference rev 2.0 blocks are <$100 there and the back plates are $30. 

If you're going to get em in December and the 300 series is supposed to be out Q1 2015 you might as well wait for them new GPU's.

I'd go crazy having water blocks I can't use till December :P

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Hmm, if they're new and for $130< it's a good deal. I usually look at the EK website and the reference rev 2.0 blocks are <$100 there and the back plates are $30. 

If you're going to get em in December and the 300 series is supposed to be out Q1 2015 you might as well wait for them new GPU's.

I'd go crazy having water blocks I can't use till December :P

I guess i'll skip out on them UNLESS i can snipe them for $85. I guess i'll get the new Civ. lol