Razer valued at 1Bil+ Dollars

faftek

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/15/gaming-company-razer-is-now-valued-at-1b/?ncid=rss&cps=gravity

So Razer is valued for at least one billion dollars, according to their leaked internal memo.(intel being the investor)

Now i'm not sure about other people, but in my experience I have had nothing but issues with Razer products, actually having a keyboard fry itself on three seperate occassions.

Is this valuation justified, or just inflated due to hype of their company since "professional gamers" use their products?

I think this was posted at one time, but I can't find the thread.

I don't know what profits they bring in, but I've never had issues with Razer. Nothing against anyone - I know some people have legitimate issues - but I'm beginning to think people who have issues with Razer abuse the shit out of their gear. I've seen the same complaints about Alienware's laptops, yet I never had any issues with the three-ish years I've owned one of their laptops.

I guess. They make some good stuff and some bad stuff. 

I hate my keyboard. But I do like the Blade (Kind of)

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

According to my personal valuation of their company, I'd put their overall value at 670 million. 

1 billion is a bit out there for me. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I wouldn't be surprised. Everyone who wants to be a "gamer" sees all these ads about Razer being a company for gamers, by gamers and they can't help but buy into it. Kinda sad, actually. 

And the Blade got probably is a large part of that too. The Blade kinda started the whole lightweight yet powerful gaming laptop that big brands like Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI have all copied. Razor got a lot of publicity from that. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

According to my personal valuation of their company, I'd put their overall value at 670 million. 

1 billion is a bit out there for me. 

How did you come up with that number? Comparing to other companies? Genuinely curious

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I think this was posted at one time, but I can't find the thread.

I don't know what profits they bring in, but I've never had issues with Razer. Nothing against anyone - I know some people have legitimate issues - but I'm beginning to think people who have issues with Razer abuse the shit out of their gear. I've seen the same complaints about Alienware's laptops, yet I never had any issues with the three-ish years I've owned one of their laptops.

Yeah I searched before I posted if it is somewhere please tell me!

And I'll make a seperate thread asking people's feelings about razer and detailing my personal story with them in a little bit.

I wouldn't be surprised. Everyone who wants to be a "gamer" sees all these ads about Razer being a company for gamers, by gamers and they can't help but buy into it. Kinda sad, actually. 

Please explain

Yeah I searched before I posted if it is somewhere please tell me!

And I'll make a seperate thread asking people's feelings about razer and detailing my personal story with them in a little bit.

No, don't do that, lol. I have a feeling this thread will suit that just fine.

Please explain

No, don't do that, lol. I have a feeling this thread will suit that just fine.

Well I feel that belongs in general discussion not in the news thread. I didn't want to put it here as to try to keep the news bias low.

A little much... Are they even a public company? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Please explain

Have you seen their Facebook page? 5.6 million likes. 5.6 MILLION.

I feel like a lot of people are directed towards Razer because they see the sheer amount of people that have/like Razer products, and immediately assume they are the best out there. You look at Corsair and Logitech, who arguably have better products than Razer, and they have a fraction of those amounts of likes. To the unexperienced, that may make Razer look like the superior company. 

I have nothing against Razer, I'm just saying that their advertising is very Apple-esqe in that it persuades the buyer to get their product just because of the amount of people use it. Not a bad thing.. just an observation

Have you seen their Facebook page? 5.6 million likes. 5.6 MILLION.

I feel like a lot of people are directed towards Razer because they see the sheer amount of people that have/like Razer products, and immediately assume they are the best out there. You look at Corsair and Logitech, who arguably have better products than Razer, and they have a fraction of those amounts of likes. To the unexperienced, that may make Razer look like the superior company. 

I have nothing against Razer, I'm just saying that their advertising is very Apple-esqe in that it persuades the buyer to get their product just because of the amount of people use it. Not a bad thing.. just an observation

Firstly, Facebook likes have no correlation to a company's success. 

Secondly, Razer deserves at least everyone's respect for three dudes quitting their jobs and opening a small office to sell, apparently, the first gaming mice in 1998. Yes, someone else would have ended up making high DPI and nice looking and ergonomic mice if they didn't, but they were the first. They're also the first to introduce many products and gives the gaming hardware industry a kick in the ass every time they do it.

Thirdly, before someone calls me a fanboy, I don't ride Razer's dick, or whatever insult I may get thrown at me. I use what feels good to me, and it happens to be a Razer mouse. I will however, be getting a CM Storm keyboard when I 'm able to purchase another keyboard, because I'm moving away from flashy-ness. I want something simple and doesn't scream gamer. Having said that, when I decide to get another mouse, it'll probably be from Logitech.

Secondly, Razer deserves at least everyone's respect for three dudes quitting their jobs and opening a small office to sell, apparently, the first gaming mice in 1998. Yes, someone else would have ended up making high DPI and nice looking and ergonomic mice if they didn't, but they were the first. They're also the first to introduce many products and gives the gaming hardware industry a kick in the ass every time they do it.

Thirdly, before someone calls me a fanboy, I don't ride Razer's dick, or whatever insult I may get thrown at me. I use what feels good to me, and it happens to be a Razer mouse. I will however, be getting a CM Storm keyboard when I 'm able to purchase another keyboard, because I'm moving away from flashy-ness. I want something simple and doesn't scream gamer. Having said that, when I decide to get another mouse, it'll probably be from Logitech.

RAZER FANBOY ALERT!!!! Ok all jokes aside 1 is correct 2 they deserve respect but at the same time I wouldn't say they give the industry a "kick in the ass" 3. The regular(non RGB) Corsair k70 keyboard is also a nice one to take a look at.

RAZER FANBOY ALERT!!!! Ok all jokes aside 1 is correct 2 they deserve respect but at the same time I wouldn't say they give the industry a "kick in the ass" 3. The regular(non RGB) Corsair k70 keyboard is also a nice one to take a look at.

I don't want to spend that much money on a keyboard that has features I won't use :P

How did you come up with that number? Comparing to other companies? Genuinely curious

Just my analysis. Razer isn't publicly traded, I took numbers from what I could find online and compared it to openly traded companies such as logitech.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I think you are misunderstanding what I mean. I having nothing against Razer. In fact, I use a Deathadder as a daily driver mouse and I love it. I also think Min is an amazing CEO and great person in general. All I'm saying is that its kinda misleading when you have a company that has such a huge fanbase, and so many people liking/promoting their product without any knowledge of other competing companies and their products. 42 of my friends like Razer, and I can assure you that none of them are gamers or have ever owned a Razer product. They just see that Razer is a company with millions of likes on their Facebook page and that they makes cool looking "gaming gear" for gamers, and like the page. They have no knowledge of what makes a good keyboard or mouse. It's just a case of everyone liking it, and them just wanting to fit in. 

It's just frustrating to see these so called "gamers" blindly recommend Razer products to others without actually trying out the competition and recommending Razer products because they are superior to their Logitech or Corsair rival in some way. That's it. I'm not bad-mouthing Razer or fanboying over any company, it's just my opinion of how I feel about Razer being falsely promoted by some people just because they are more "cool" than other companies. 

overpriced as always

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

From the three Razer products I ever bought, I never had a complain, they were all mouses and are still very solid to date. I read a couple of times that their RMA numbers aren't actually as high as people imagine, they just seem to be selling massive amounts of products.

I'm glad they are still growing strong, people can keep ranting over them, but you can never say Razer doesn't put enough money to R&D, every time they are selling a lot they invest in new products, even if they end up being ridiculous.

The build quality is awful on everything except the tablet and Blade they made. Either way, those Razer Blades are quite pricy. Also, they made cheaper switches but kept the same price on the keyboards.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I think you are misunderstanding what I mean. I having nothing against Razer. In fact, I use a Deathadder as a daily driver mouse and I love it. I also think Min is an amazing CEO and great person in general. All I'm saying is that its kinda misleading when you have a company that has such a huge fanbase, and so many people liking/promoting their product without any knowledge of other competing companies and their products. 42 of my friends like Razer, and I can assure you that none of them are gamers or have ever owned a Razer product. They just see that Razer is a company with millions of likes on their Facebook page and that they makes cool looking "gaming gear" for gamers, and like the page. They have no knowledge of what makes a good keyboard or mouse. It's just a case of everyone liking it, and them just wanting to fit in. 

It's just frustrating to see these so called "gamers" blindly recommend Razer products to others without actually trying out the competition and recommending Razer products because they are superior to their Logitech or Corsair rival in some way. That's it. I'm not bad-mouthing Razer or fanboying over any company, it's just my opinion of how I feel about Razer being falsely promoted by some people just because they are more "cool" than other companies. 

Thanks for clarifying, this makes more sense.

I agree with all of what you said. I think one of the problems is how people think. They may only recommend Razer and claim it to be the best because that's the only company they know of who makes gaming gear. I also have a problem when people do that, and also make insults to other people when they recommend something from another company. This can go for anything, though.

To make an example,

We'll use the names TBGuy (for Turtle Beach), AstroGuy (for Astros) and SGuy (for Sennheiser) and CGuy (Clueless guy). They're all friends.

CGuy: "Hey guys, I need a new gaming headse-" before he can even finish his sentence,

TBGuy: "Dude you have to get the <cheapest Turtle Beaches>, they're so fucking good."

AstroGuy: "Wow, you have no idea what you're talking about, TBGuy. My <overpriced headphone package> came with a mixamp that makes audio more clear and immersive!"

CGuy: "I just wa-" before he can finish his next sentence,

TBGuy: "The <cheapest Turtle Beaches> are the BEST! Don't listen to AstroGuy!"

CGuy: "What do you think, SGuy?"

SGuy: "I think you should get a-" before he can finish his sentence,

TBGuy: "Stfu SGuy, you don't know what you're talking about. You use Sennheisers? Wtf is that even?"

AstroGuy: "Yeah, wtf is Sennheiser? I bet they sound like shit. Do you even have a <marketing ploy feature>???? thought so"

Don't ask why I typed this all out. I'm obviously super bored.

Thanks for clarifying, this makes more sense.

I agree with all of what you said. I think one of the problems is how people think. They may only recommend Razer and claim it to be the best because that's the only company they know of who makes gaming gear. I also have a problem when people do that, and also make insults to other people when they recommend something from another company. This can go for anything, though.

To make an example,

We'll use the names TBGuy (for Turtle Beach), AstroGuy (for Astros) and SGuy (for Sennheiser) and CGuy (Clueless guy). They're all friends.

CGuy: "Hey guys, I need a new gaming headse-" before he can even finish his sentence,

TBGuy: "Dude you have to get the <cheapest Turtle Beaches>, they're so fucking good."

AstroGuy: "Wow, you have no idea what you're talking about, TBGuy. My <overpriced headphone package> came with a mixamp that makes audio more clear and immersive!"

CGuy: "I just wa-" before he can finish his next sentence,

TBGuy: "The <cheapest Turtle Beaches> are the BEST! Don't listen to AstroGuy!"

CGuy: "What do you think, SGuy?"

SGuy: "I think you should get a-" before he can finish his sentence,

TBGuy: "Stfu SGuy, you don't know what you're talking about. You use Sennheisers? Wtf is that even?"

AstroGuy: "Yeah, wtf is Sennheiser? I bet they sound like shit. Do you even have a <marketing ploy feature>???? thought so"

Don't ask why I typed this all out. I'm obviously super bored.

exactly this

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/15/gaming-company-razer-is-now-valued-at-1b/?ncid=rss&cps=gravity

So Razer is valued for at least one billion dollars, according to their leaked internal memo.(intel being the investor)

Now i'm not sure about other people, but in my experience I have had nothing but issues with Razer products, actually having a keyboard fry itself on three seperate occassions.

Is this valuation justified, or just inflated due to hype of their company since "professional gamers" use their products?

I've never had issues with their mice and I own 4 of them. The only product I did have an issue with was the Razer Edge and that was fixed with a replacement that I sent back when their accessories for it didn't work right. They don't have that product anymore. I'm saving up now for the razer blade pro. I've never tried their keyboards but their build quality is pretty great on everything I've ever used. 

I have owned a couple of their mice over the years, they lasted quite a while, but after 4-5 years of heavy usage either the battery died(literally imploded like those iPhone batteries) or the sensors for the mouse wheel or left/right click started going out.

They are solid mice, but I don't like them because of aesthetic and comfort purposes. The rubber finish they use on the mouse and the glossy sides are no bueno. Lots of finger print marks and dirt gets caught inside(at least more so than other brands). I have a Func MS-3v2 and the rubber finish doesn't have any finger print marks and the rubber wraps around the whole mouse except for the extra thumb buttons on the side, those are glossy. Sadly the scroll wheel is already going out, a second time, first one lasted me 6 months and Func replaced it at no cost and the new mouse I got came with a new warranty, but now the new mouse is acting up just after one month of me receiving it...

Oh and my ex-boss has the Blackwidow, you could hear him from down the hallway clicking away on that thing, he averages 85WPM and I haven't heard him complain about for the past year or so he's been using it.

I have owned a couple of their mice over the years, they lasted quite a while, but after 4-5 years of heavy usage either the battery died(literally imploded like those iPhone batteries) or the sensors for the mouse wheel or left/right click started going out.

They are solid mice, but I don't like them because of aesthetic and comfort purposes. The rubber finish they use on the mouse and the glossy sides are no bueno. Lots of finger print marks and dirt gets caught inside(at least more so than other brands). I have a Func MS-3v2 and the rubber finish doesn't have any finger print marks and the rubber wraps around the whole mouse except for the extra thumb buttons on the side, those are glossy. Sadly the scroll wheel is already going out, a second time, first one lasted me 6 months and Func replaced it at no cost and the new mouse I got came with a new warranty, but now the new mouse is acting up just after one month of me receiving it...

Oh and my ex-boss has the Blackwidow, you could hear him from down the hallway clicking away on that thing, he averages 85WPM and I haven't heard him complain about for the past year or so he's been using it.

i have a lycosa mirror edition keyboard, can confirm fingerprint/dust magnet :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Hm, good for them.   I personally dont use Razer (their CEO is for me like a dumb kid. (really , check his facebook "IAM CEO OF RAZER, IAM THE GREATEST PERSON ALIVE", dont like that kind of people)) for me their products are not as handsome as for example corsair, or steelseries .  It is really just for kid gamers who need to prove that they are gamers . 

For me personally ther are not as good looking as other brands.

NOW , of course their products are higher value. And i totally understand that there are people legitimately buying and using their produtcs because they feel they are good for them.

I just would like the see the value of their stock if it wasnt all about gaming kids buying their products , but on the other hand, thats good marketing, thats what keep the dollars rolling. So i guess, its just of a moral dissapoitment for some of us that their stock is high.