Razer valued at 1Bil+ Dollars

faftek

there mice are always good, and i have a non backlit 2013 black widow with browns, and well its a great keyboard, i dont know how you could break it. so id say its fair enough for them to be valued at that. 

I think this was posted at one time, but I can't find the thread.

I don't know what profits they bring in, but I've never had issues with Razer. Nothing against anyone - I know some people have legitimate issues - but I'm beginning to think people who have issues with Razer abuse the shit out of their gear. I've seen the same complaints about Alienware's laptops, yet I never had any issues with the three-ish years I've owned one of their laptops.

My only grievance with Razer is that their products feel too small. Past that I have had great experience with them, however gimmicky some of their stuff may be.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

I probably won't be buying anything else from Razer except their Deathadder and Blade. In my country many young gamers who are not very knowledgeable about them will buy them as they see the pros are using it. Razer marketing is always spot on, they have already created a kind of culture. You can't bash someone who uses Razer as it works for him and he just don't care about its quality. Also, I have yet to see any e-sports player I know of use Corsair or Logitech in official matches. Those are always being dominated by Razer, Steelseries and TTesports in my region, CM Storm has little and close to no influence.

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/15/gaming-company-razer-is-now-valued-at-1b/?ncid=rss&cps=gravity

So Razer is valued for at least one billion dollars, according to their leaked internal memo.(intel being the investor)

Now i'm not sure about other people, but in my experience I have had nothing but issues with Razer products, actually having a keyboard fry itself on three seperate occassions.

Is this valuation justified, or just inflated due to hype of their company since "professional gamers" use their products?

financial valueations have 0 to do with product quality, but how much money the company can make.

if Razer sells headphones the paid $5 to make for $50, and Monoprice sells headphones they paid $15 to make for $20, Razer is more profitable than Monoprice and is more valuable, financially speaking.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein