I hate youtube comments on tech videos.

cab11150904

I just watched a JayzTwoCents video about his office setup and it's so annoying how many of the comments are about how he should "jokingly" send them some stuff.  Everyone wants something free.  It's always some single mom can't buy me a 780ti sob story or some other crap.  I don't normally read them but decided to today and was reassured that I never need to again.

I don't read them, like literally ever

I like most channels that turn them off, its just fill of shit

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I dont pay attention to comments... If I do, I get angry...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I used youtube comment to troll sometimes, but Like that video of Netlinked Daily with Keys doing the double dare at the end was so Epic and funny, I had to command him for his brillant creativity.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

I don't read them, like literally ever

I like most channels that turn them off, its just fill of shit

I difinitely don't make it a habbit.  Usually I read these boards for info about anything Linus says and stick to Twitter to for anyone else.  I don't think you'd miss much at all if YouTube wholesale shut down commenting.

I difinitely don't make it a habbit.  Usually I read these boards for info about anything Linus says and stick to Twitter to for anyone else.  I don't think you'd miss much at all if YouTube wholesale shut down commenting.

Yeah, though some communities are great, its mostly when tech or celebrities are mentioned, then it becomes a shit storm

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Youtube comments in general just makes me believe I've got ticks... In fact i would rather have ticks than be forced to read through all of those comments as some you tubers do on ether videos.

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

We got 100000 members & 6000 max active members on peak & 400-700 on a daily basis.. :/ figure that one out, Giveaways! Everyone wants something for free..

Details separate people.

Most comments on youtube vids have nothing to do with the video, I once looked through pewdiepies comments and there were many many people who were advertising their "channels", With big youtubers I dont look at the comments.

Youtube comment reaffirm my lost confidence in the human race.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

I don't read them anymore as all they do is cause frustration. Tech videos are filled with literally IDIOTS when it comes to tech commenting on something, saying it's overpriced tech that doesn't work, who needs this, blah blah, or someone asks about advice on their system and gets comments how it's crap, how this and that (usually some shitty advice) and the worst part is that someone will read that and believe it!
So I've given up on reading and commenting. It's become pointless...

Probably after reading this topic I should considering disable comments on YouTube videos :P

Spoiler

The YouTube comments are worse than 4Chan. That's the way it's always been. Really no reason to get upset about it, just ignore them.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I like them. I like trolling often :P

btw, can you buy me anoher GTX 770 plz?

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I love how you always see people asking for build advice in Youtube comments. Have these butt heads never heard of a forum before?

And then you get the fanboy/noob/moron comments like "Dude you have to buy an FX8350. It's the only way to go. 8 cores dude. Smokes anything Intel makes"

Or "Dude, you need a 1200W PSU for a single GTX 780Ti, those things use like 700W of power"

Or "Dude, just buy ANY 600W PSU. It's all the same. All it does is power your PC. Why spend a lot of money on it?"

Or "Sure you can use a SATA 3 SSD on SATA 2. You won't lose any performance"

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

We got 100000 members & 6000 max active members on peak & 400-700 on a daily basis.. :/ figure that one out, Giveaways! Everyone wants something for free..

At least with those I don't normally run into it on normal threads.  They usually stay in the giveaway thread or the ocasional GIBE OPO INVITEZ PLOX crap.

I love how you always see people asking for build advice in Youtube comments. Have these butt heads never heard of a forum before?

And then you get the fanboy/noob/moron comments like "Dude you have to buy an FX8350. It's the only way to go. 8 cores dude. Smokes anything Intel makes"

Or "Dude, you need a 1200W PSU for a single GTX 780Ti, those things use like 700W of power"

Or "Dude, just buy ANY 600W PSU. It's all the same. All it does is power your PC. Why spend a lot of money on it?"

Or "Sure you can use a SATA 3 SSD on SATA 2. You won't lose any performance"

I like to follow MKBHD and a few others on Twitter and Instagram and it's even more out of place there.  Marques broke his hand and posted an xray picture after surgery and people are dropping build logs into the comments asking him to rate them.

I hate it how all good comments and discussion get buried under other crap. That doesn't really encourage comments/commenting. Comments on less popular videos (usually watched only by people who know the stuff) are better though.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

Yes, it just give them the attention they wanted.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

Remember when youtube introduced the new comment system with G+? They said it was to make youtube a more friendly place with less trolls and spam... great move, google, that one wortked flawlessly  :lol:  :lol:

I think twitch chat is probably leagues worse than the youtube comment section. that being said, if you're looking for an intelligent or lucid discussion in those places, you may need to sift through mountains of turds to find it. 

really, if you crammed thousands of people into a large room, dimmed the lights and passed around a microphone that masked a persons voice... the uninhibited garbage would go on for days. if you can read the youtube comment section with that in mind, everything seems less intense.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR