So I want to do a custom loop

Syraz

I been building computers for ages and never touched watercooling..

This themed build I want to do it.

I am using an S340 case, So only have room for a 30mm thick 280mm radiator up front and a 120mm rad in back.

Would this be enough rad space to cool a GTX 980 which I most likely wont overclock *doing it for looks honestly that is all for the themed build*, and a 5820k which I will overclock?

I have tried researching but came up with many "schools of thought" Like one 120mm rad space per component being cooled, to 240mm of rad space per component being cooled

Thanks in advance..

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

Yes it will probably keep your temps below 65-70C, with a bit of room to OC the GPU.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You have enough cooling for under 50c on the GPU under load. The CPU really depends on the chip to be honest.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Thank you guys for the quick response! since I got the green light from the wife, I been hoping I had enough cooling area when I order the parts.

Thank you guys for the quick response! since I got the green light from the wife, I been hoping I had enough cooling area when I order the parts.

Welcome to the custom loop club. If you have any questions feel free to ask. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Welcome to the custom loop club. If you have any questions feel free to ask. 

Thanks, I am jumping into the deepend :) Going to do copper line which I am going to do a black nickel plate on since I want this to look perfect in the end and rather take my time and do it the way I want. I want the clean lines..and will just add more fun to my project since I like this sort of work...Still trying to figure the hiding the bay res under the PSU shroud

I know this isn't what you asked for, but I would like to propose an alternative that will look great when finished, and still give you incredible performance.

Follow this link to my guide on How To Watercool your CPU + GPU for Under $200

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Also: How to sleeve your watercooling tube

Make it special ;)

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

I am using an S340 case, So only have room for a 30mm thick 280mm radiator up front and a 120mm rad in back.

Would this be enough rad space to cool a GTX 980 which I most likely wont overclock *doing it for looks honestly that is all for the themed build*, and a 5820k which I will overclock?

I have tried researching but came up with many "schools of thought" Like one 120mm rad space per component being cooled, to 240mm of rad space per component being cooled

Thanks in advance..

Your case can accommodate dual 120140mm radiators in front and a single 120mm radiator in the back so i would do a dual 140mm radiator in front and a 120mm radiator in the back.

S340 tech specs

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Your case can accommodate dual 120140mm radiators in front and a single 120mm radiator in the back so i would do a dual 140mm radiator in front and a 120mm radiator in the back.

S340 tech specs

You quoted him, yet you didn't read that a 280 + 120 is exactly what he wants to do? :P

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Thanks in advance..

Yes, that's enough rad space for 60-70 load temps. Ignore all the rules for rad surface area needed. It depends on what temps you're going for. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

You quoted him, yet you didn't read that a 280 + 120 is exactly what he wants to do? :P

Yes i did. I was agreeing with him. The only real thing he will have to worry about for sure is the clearance of the motherboard's heatsink for the back radiator because most x99 motherboards, especially the ones from ASUS has relatively big robust heatsinks that may block the radiator's fan or radiator according to how he installs it in the back,meaning fan in pull then radiator or radiator then fan in push. Depending on the motherboard, he may be able to get a 45mm radiator in the back...maybe.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

• 2 weeks later...