What do you use your second monitor for?

Hey guys! So Today I decided to put 2 of my monitors together to be used as a dual display setup. I'm wondering what you guys use your second display for. Currently, mine will pretty much be permanently on the linustechtips forum. I am liking it so far, very convenient!  

Ive been using monitors from a friend of my dad who hasnt had the space for all of his monitors. Most of the time I have steam, any of my chat things, or a video of some sorts. Dual monitors is AMAZING for typing up an assignment though. You have your notes on one side, and the assignment on the other, and if I had a third, I would use that one for research. Sadly, I'm gonna have to give up those beautiful monitors because he wants them back :(. Oh, well, guess I need to make some money this summer for new ones.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

I use it for my browser, main monitor for gaming. ;)

Also neat! I thought I was the only one living upside down.

I use it for my browser, main monitor for gaming. ;)

Also neat! I thought I was the only one living upside down.

Hahahaha. Yeah i just deleted that photo because I tried to take it again but it was being stupid and flipping all of them. 

Ive been using monitors from a friend of my dad who hasnt had the space for all of his monitors. Most of the time I have steam, any of my chat things, or a video of some sorts. Dual monitors is AMAZING for typing up an assignment though. You have your notes on one side, and the assignment on the other, and if I had a third, I would use that one for research. Sadly, I'm gonna have to give up those beautiful monitors because he wants them back :(. Oh, well, guess I need to make some money this summer for new ones.

I know how you feel. Borrowing peoples awesome things and wanting to keep them... I have never really thought of monitors as an important part of a build. But since using more than one, I now understand why people enjoy them so much

I use it to watch movies/youtube mostly , if I buy another gaming console i'd connect that to it as well. I couldint live without a 2nd monitor now.

For studying, and checking twitter,rss and my tunes while gaming.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

music and if im working with files I have one folder or two on my second screen and on or two on the other

A man without a filter is just chaos walking.

I have my second monitor displaying itunes at the moment and my browser on my main, if im tweaking my graphics card overclock i have my temps and overclocking software on it and then something like furmark on the main.

I use my 3 monitors for everything.  Sometimes 3 sets of browsers. or 1 gaming 1 monitoring/music and 1 for a browser.  

I recently converted back to a single 29" 21:9 Dell Monitor.

Didn't really utilize the second monitor.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

I use my 3 monitors for work, I need to check to many data at once

sometimes I try to watch a netflix movie or just random utube videos while working

but I always end up minimizing those videos (BTW resizing a netflix windows is cool, why cant be youtube like that?

When Gaming I just game with the three of them and I forget about everything...... 

PD: If u have 2 monitors and u like star trek, Try System 47 (doesnt work very nice on eyefinity)

http://www.mewho.com/system47/

I have my temperatures and my mouse software up at all times(Logitech g700s) . Sometimes ill watch a fullscreen movie/ video on one and browse the web on the other. 

If I'm playing games I'll sometimes throw a stream up on the other monitor, also my music, skype, email, etc are usually open on my second monitor. 

If I'm doing something work related I usually use the second monitor as my screen for a reference library. 

I'd have a main and a second one for skype + videos while doing other things (i.e. gaming) or if I'm working, my project would be on the right monitor and info/sites on the left one. Or, if it's normal use, browsing and videos respectively.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

My main monitor is for top priority like homework or for a video. My second monitor is for skype, another window for firefox, hardware monitoring software or general stuff that I don't need right away.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Videos, iTunes, temp. monitoring while gaming, and it's got a my daughter's pic as a wallpaper :)

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Main- Game 2nd- Xsplit 3rd- Chat/various...

Since I'm a streamer... 3 monitors is heaven compared to alt tabbing to check xsplit and chat ever 3 seconds...

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

YouTube, Twitter, FTP, Putty.. 

For Podcasts like Linus' livestream, the Tek, or the gamestation podcast. While I watch those, I usually play some game that doesn't need a lot of focus, so I can still listen/view the podcast.

Also I sometimes put stuff I have to look at while typing it there, hate to switch programs.

I use my second monitor as chat (skype,fb,etc) and also watching videos while I work.

CPU: Intel 2700k (4.7) MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence (1866) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD (Boot), 64GB Crucial M4 (SSD Cache), 1TB WD Black Cavier, 2TB Hitachi, 2.5TB Buffalo Sound Card: Xonar Essence STX Case: Corsair Graphite 600t w/ full acrylic side PSU: Corsair HX750 (individually sleeved) 
Peripherals: Filco Keyboard (Brown) Razer Deathadder, Sennheiser HD595, Zalman ZM-MIC1, Steelseries Qck Mass mousepad.
Pics of my Rig