Apple event 16/10/14 "It's been way too long."

New iPad Air and Mini, new iMac, new MacBook Air ----------- thinner and faster

Mac OS X Yosemite ------------ looks better, some minor changes

There, I just saved you a few hours of amazing "facts" and graphics and sales number crap.

Don't forget "innovation", and "revolutionary stuff".

Oooooh :D I'm gonna call there's gonna be the Retina Macs, 4.7" iPod Touches and some other crap I don't care about because I'm too poor to afford Apple products that aren't hand-me-downs :P

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Lol, not even an Apple hater but i'm getting pretty sick and tired of it.

I'm no Apple hater but sometimes their followers are just asking for it... (I actually wanted an iPod classic until I found out that it needed iTunes which I hate with a passion)

I'm no Apple hater but sometimes their followers are just asking for it... (I actually wanted an iPod classic until I found out that it needed iTunes which I hate with a passion)

I wanted an iPod classic, but then they removed them from the face of the earth. Seriously my dad picked one up less then a week after they killed them, had to go to about 5 stores to find one in stock.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

If they don't mention broadwell in any of these new MacBooks/iMacs I'm going to go crazy. I need to get my dad a new iMac as his old one (mid 2007) has pretty much started on it's long path to death, and I really want them to have broadwell used so then he has a "justifiable" reason to get one of the new ones, with all the fancy efficiency and power.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

It can always be interesting. Just wait for the outcome. we never know.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

looking forward for Yosemite and the new hackintosh :P

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Don't forget "innovation", and "revolutionary stuff".

New screen on the iMac... REVOLUTIONARY!!!!!!!!

New screen on the iMac... REVOLUTIONARY!!!!!!!!

New camera...

lens...

cover...

INNOVATION!!!

Im so excited

Sucks that it starts at 5 GMT though, I am still at work then... might watch on my iPhone , or watch it later when I get home

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Maybe an upgrade for the jet-turbine / trashcan thingie...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Gimme a Macbook Pro with the new GTX 980M and ill be happy

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

New camera...

lens...

cover...

INNOVATION!!!

"It's amazing"

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Gimme a Macbook Pro with the new GTX 980M and ill be happy

They should bring back the 17" macbook, with like 4 retina screen, and a 980m, and twin pci-e SSDs

I would actually be first in the queue

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They should bring back the 17" macbook, with like 4 retina screen, and a 980m, and twin pci-e SSDs

I would actually be first in the queue

Well it looks like Apple have signed up with AMD again for GPUs so we never know what might happen.

\

Well it looks like Apple have signed up with AMD again for GPUs so we never know what might happen.

yeah the "retina imac with AMD cards" I mean the mac pro has fire pros, so it makes sense I guess

I reckon they will stick with nvidia for mobile chips with their better performance and lower power usage, but you never know!

I am either buying a 15" retina pro or Mac Pro depending on what I decide to do, whenever the new models release (or maybe even the new imac)

If the iMac had display in from none-apple devices, like target displaymode that also worked with PC I would buy it straight away ... not sure if a thunderbolt PC can use target display mode with macs over TB

yeah the "retina imac with AMD cards" I mean the mac pro has fire pros, so it makes sense I guess

I reckon they will stick with nvidia for mobile chips with their better performance and lower power usage, but you never know!

I am either buying a 15" retina pro or Mac Pro depending on what I decide to do, whenever the new models release (or maybe even the new imac)

If the iMac had display in from none-apple devices, like target displaymode that also worked with PC I would buy it straight away ... not sure if a thunderbolt PC can use target display mode with macs over TB

Yeah, I was hoping for 9xx series GPUs in the iMac but if they switch to AMD then that justs means better Hackintosh support for AMD GPUs.

\

Yeah, I was hoping for 9xx series GPUs in the iMac but if they switch to AMD then that justs means better Hackintosh support for AMD GPUs.

Well personally I'd welcome some NVIDIA Maxwell GPU's, especially in the Mac Pro. Much better overall performance, and better OpenCL while using far less power.

Those gpus make perfect sense in all their other products as well. A Mac Mini with a GTX950m or 960m would be bloody amazing.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Waiting for them to make more claims about high pixel density displays that they "invented", one hand holding the microphone, the other clamped over Sharp's mouth.

Just a reminder to all who plan to watch:

• Live streaming video requires Safari 5.1.10 or later on OS X v10.6.8 or later; Safari on iOS 6.0 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 6.2 or later.

\