Apple event 16/10/14 "It's been way too long."

Meh... Give it some Maxwell-based Quadro GPUs and we're in business...

The larger screen is not that big of a deal (imo)... I prefered the smaller iPhones with the 4S nailing it...

A game changer imo is putting the small HDD found on the iPod Classic onto an iPhone to make the iPhone be the phone with the largest available storage (even if it's not expandable)...

Yeah, but an HDD would increase fragility a ton; one or two drops could screw it up.

I agree, the 4S is the best size; still holding on to mine :D

I would've gotten a Mini, but HD4000 just wouldn't do it. Built a Hackintosh instead :D

True but iris would be a game changer

People should fuck off about the Trash can jokes.... It's really immature of them but I guess that's what the internet is.

I agree, the mac pro is freaking gorgeous, and even more so in the flesh

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yup, Maxwell and R9 290/X support is there in 10.10 :)

Oh, nice!

True but iris would be a game changer

I agree, the mac pro is freaking gorgeous, and even more so in the flesh

And fitting those incredible specs into that triangular-shaped 'thermal core' is some shit from the future.

Yeah, but an HDD would increase fragility a ton; one or two drops could screw it up.

I agree, the 4S is the best size; still holding on to mine :D

SSD controller + Samsung's 3D Flash chips? Squeeze it on there and try to achieve 256GB max storage...

This is just speculation, but if there's enough demand, I can see the next iPhone featuring expandable memory via MicroSD (or some proprietary thing)... The design would just add another 'tray' (like the sim tray) to the side...

SSD controller + Samsung's 3D Flash chips? Squeeze it on there and try to achieve 256GB max storage...

This is just speculation, but if there's enough demand, I can see the next iPhone featuring expandable memory via MicroSD (or some proprietary thing)... The design would just add another 'tray' (like the sim tray) to the side...

Wonder how they'd do that; adding another tray would make Jony Ive cringe with fear :P

Wonder how they'd do that; adding another tray would make Jony Ive cringe with fear :P

They're going to have to bend (no pun intended) one way or another if they want to survive in the market... Especially if they'll be pushing 4K video recording...

Hopefully their design team learned something from Bendgate and make the next version of the phone way sturdier... (One major problem that I found on iPhones is that they're fragile things like all the other 'high end' phones... My L3 can withstand more drops than your average iPhone without fear of breaking...)

MBAs just got updated in late July - probably not getting an update.

If I remember correctly,  it was just a small CPU refresh and a lower price. 

If I remember correctly,  it was just a small CPU refresh and a lower price. 

Still an update :P

So far its just android bashing and stupid bloatware for mac and ios. Sigh.

EDIT: Wow the audience clapped when the dude brought up text effects on keynote.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

So is there not going to be a new Macbook Pro? That is really upsetting :/ will the new Air be better than the current macbook pro?

Apple usually doesn't release everything at the same time.   We got a new High end iMac, a new Macbook Air, an iPad and a Mac Mini refresh.   others will probably be updated early next year.   

And the Air isn't better than the MBP.  Different for sure but not better.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Apple usually doesn't release everything at the same time.   We got a new High end iMac, a new Macbook Air, an iPad and a Mac Mini refresh.   others will probably be updated early next year.   

And the Air isn't better than the MBP.  Different for sure but not better.  

I just want ePCI for Mac Mini...

\

I just want ePCI for Mac Mini...

Erm you do realise thunderbolt is full PCI-E? you can get thunderbolt GPU enclosuers

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Erm you do realise thunderbolt is full PCI-E? you can get thunderbolt GPU enclosuers

Yes I do know this, haven't seems any enclosures and I would like one from Apple :P

\

Yes I do know this, haven't seems any enclosures and I would like one from Apple :P

That wont happen, it will be a 3rd party thing, as I doubt they want to provide support for a product like that

What gets me every time is when they say, "This is the best [insert iProduct here] Apple has ever built. It's amazing!"

It better be the best product you've built! It's the successor to the previous product that was the "best Apple has ever built."

For the record, I'm not an Apple hater at all. We have many Apple products in my house.