Apple event 16/10/14 "It's been way too long."

I'm no Apple hater but sometimes their followers are just asking for it... (I actually wanted an iPod classic until I found out that it needed iTunes which I hate with a passion)

I know the feeling, I have an iPod Touch 4th gen and would love to put music on it but iTunes is horrid.

Thank you for the pointless post

You're welcome.

Hoping for a new Macbook Air but if the rumours are anything to go by it's seems unlikely. 

Don't forget "innovation", and "revolutionary stuff".

Glad you've got it all figured out... In the meantime, some of us genuinely enjoy their stuff, even though we know not every spec boost is 'revolutionary' and 'magical.'

My guess is that there won't be a Retina MBA, because that takes away the distinction between the Airs and Pros, plus it'll be way more expensive to make. They just dropped them to $899!

New iMacs? Yes. But maybe not Retina- of if they are, it's a really expensive top-tier option. Many people don't realize that the 27" iMac is already pushing a 1440p display, so it's unlikely to get a bump soon.

New iPods? Yes. The iPods and Apple TV both signify the 'it's been way too long,' as the iPods haven't been updated since 2012, and neither has the TV. I predict a 4 or 4.7" iPod touch with an A6 chip, and the Apple TV to have Siri integration, and possibly add iOS gaming (it runs  a stripped-down iOS on a modified A5 chip currently, so it's not a stretch).

Other than that, OS X Yosemite is already in GM 6, so it's dropping today, iOS 8.1 might get a release date, or even release; they skipped the usual bi-weekly Tuesday release of new betas of iOS and OS X this week, if that's any indicator.

Obviously new iPads with Touch ID, as Apple themselves leaked those in the most ironic leak of all time. No 'iPad Pro,' because that's a dumb idea and nobody likes the freaking 12" Galaxy Tab.

Maybe an update on the Apple Watch? Probably not, but who knows...

Hoping for a new Macbook Air but if the rumours are anything to go by it's seems unlikely. 

MBAs just got updated in late July - probably not getting an update.

Just a reminder to all who plan to watch:

• Live streaming video requires Safari 5.1.10 or later on OS X v10.6.8 or later; Safari on iOS 6.0 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 6.2 or later.

They introduced a 'live blog' for people who can't stream in the Sept. event; basically a live illustrated look at everything that's happening. Kinda neat, better than most jounralists frantically scrawling out messages in other live blogs *coughGizmodocough* :P

Glad you've got it all figured out... In the meantime, some of us genuinely enjoy their stuff, even though we know not every spec boost is 'revolutionary' and 'magical.'

Meh... I'm just waiting for the next 'iPhone' (in terms of impact to the market and tech in general)... And no, an iPhone with a larger screen is not that big of a deal...

The new MacPro was one thing...

Yeah, I was hoping for 9xx series GPUs in the iMac but if they switch to AMD then that justs means better Hackintosh support for AMD GPUs.

Lol yeah. But I really hope they don't; I like Nvidia, and their new mobiles GPUs are really power efficient. And they're great for hackintoshing; running my GTX 760 at full power without any modifying on mine :D No screwy drivers or kexts needed.

SNIP

Dont forget the old Mac Mini :)

Imagine if they brought out one with like dedicated GPU like some of the past ones? :o Or even just the PCI-E based SSD of the macbook pro

(doubt it but I can dream)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Meh... I'm just waiting for the next 'iPhone' (in terms of impact to the market and tech in general)... And no, an iPhone with a larger screen is not that big of a deal...

Now imagine a MacPro with Haswell-EP CPUs :D

\

Lol yeah. But I really hope they don't; I like Nvidia, and their new mobiles GPUs are really power efficient. And they're great for hackintoshing; running my GTX 760 at full power without any modifying on mine :D No screwy drivers or kexts needed.

Maxwell is not a fan of Mavericks at the moment.

\

Agreed, the new iPhones were mostly responding to the rampant demand for larger phones. However, they did take their time with it; they could have released one with the 4S or even 5, but they waited until they could make a phone that made sense with it. But the new cameras are great, Apple Pay could be a thing considering it's Apple backing it, and battery life on the Plus is great.

But the Mac Pro :o

[drooling intensifies]

I'd pay $50 just to have an empty shell. It's gorgeous.

awaits 'go buy a trash can!' jokes

Imagine if they brought out one with like dedicated GPU like some of the past ones? :o Or even just the PCI-E based SSD of the macbook pro

I think they will add a PCIe SSD onto it since it would make sense.

\

YES! The Mini has been sitting on the shelf since 2011! Almost forgot!

Even if they went to an Iris Pro GPU, it would make it such a compelling buy. The little $499 Mac that could :P

I think they will add a PCIe SSD onto it since it would make sense.

Would be a welcome upgrade for sure and make it a very fast capable and dirt cheap apple desktop,  maybe even a 100$ price drop? though that would asking too much, its already good value for a prebuilt, especially an apple one that is that small

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

YES! The Mini has been sitting on the shelf since 2011! Almost forgot!

Even if they went to an Iris Pro GPU, it would make it such a compelling buy. The little $499 Mac that could :P

Fuck I didnt think of that, mac mini steambox

If it gets iris pro... im off to the shop haha

Unless I get a mac pro (or 15" retina.. or imac)

Agreed, the new iPhones were mostly responding to the rampant demand for larger phones. However, they did take their time with it; they could have released one with the 4S or even 5, but they waited until they could make a phone that made sense with it. But the new cameras are great, Apple Pay could be a thing considering it's Apple backing it, and battery life on the Plus is great.

[drooling intensifies]

People should fuck off about the Trash can jokes.... It's really immature of them but I guess that's what the internet is.

\

Hate that I have to watch the Keynote from my Macbook 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

I would be sold on one if they somehow got ePCI working :D

\

Maxwell is not a fan of Mavericks at the moment.

Hmm... I guess I wouldn't know of course :D But they do seem to keep supporting them; as the older Mac Pros use any PCI-E GPU, they've supported everything up to Kepler. They've only been out for like a week, let's give it some time!

Also, Chimera just got updated to support Yosemite, so I'll be updating when it drops today. Don't you just love it when everything comes together? ;)

Now imagine a MacPro with Haswell-EP CPUs :D

Meh... Give it some Maxwell-based Quadro GPUs and we're in business...

[drooling intensifies]

The larger screen is not that big of a deal (imo)... I prefered the smaller iPhones with the 4S nailing it...

A game changer imo is putting the small HDD found on the iPod Classic onto an iPhone to make the iPhone be the phone with the largest available storage (even if it's not expandable)...

Hmm... I guess I wouldn't know of course :D But they do seem to keep supporting them; as the older Mac Pros use any PCI-E GPU, they've supported everything up to Kepler. They've only been out for like a week, let's give it some time!

Also, Chimera just got updated to support Yosemite, so I'll be updating when it drops today. Don't you just love it when everything comes together? ;)

Yup, Maxwell and R9 290/X support is there in 10.10 :)

\

I would've gotten a Mini, but HD4000 just wouldn't do it. Built a Hackintosh instead :D