Adding Linus Tech Tips link and Logo to my website

Th3Architect

Ok so I'm using Squarespace as put forward by Linus  :P  But I want to have a bar on the right hand side of my website with links to appropriate websites that i find helpful/useful as well as some pictures of programs I use and install on PC's, my question is, Is this legal? and can I have permission to put Linus tech tips logo up with a link to this website?

Link to my not live yet website - http://nathan-hutchinson-5zp8.squarespace.com/

I have put the pic and link on, just tell me if it's allowed?

Thanks guys

Corsair Obsidian 350D Chassis / i7 4790K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Strix GTX 970 / 16GB Red Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1600 Mhz / Asus Maximus VII Gene / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Crucial 250GB SSD / Crucial 480GB SSD / Seagate 1T Barracuda 7,200 RPM SATA III / Seasonic G750W PSU / ASUS Vulcan Headset / Corsair M65 / Corsair K70  / Razer Vespula Mouse Mat / 2 x 22" LG 22EA63 Monitors @ 1080p / 1 x 24" BenQ 144 Hz Gaming Monitor -   :P

Ok so I'm using Squarespace as put forward by Linus  :P  But I want to have a bar on the left hand side of my website with links to appropriate websites that i find helpful/useful as well as some pictures of programs I use and install on PC's, my question is, Is this legal? and can I have permission to put Linus tech tips logo up with a link to this website?

Link to my not live yet website - http://nathan-hutchinson-5zp8.squarespace.com/

I have put the pic and link on, just tell me if it's allowed?

Thanks guys

Ask the big man himself @LinusTech.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Cheers for linking it to him guys, would be a nice way to show support for your favourite tech team if we are allowed to do such things, I plan on having links on the news page of my website to posts on here as well, I want to make an effort to be involved with LTT   :D

Corsair Obsidian 350D Chassis / i7 4790K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Strix GTX 970 / 16GB Red Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1600 Mhz / Asus Maximus VII Gene / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Crucial 250GB SSD / Crucial 480GB SSD / Seagate 1T Barracuda 7,200 RPM SATA III / Seasonic G750W PSU / ASUS Vulcan Headset / Corsair M65 / Corsair K70  / Razer Vespula Mouse Mat / 2 x 22" LG 22EA63 Monitors @ 1080p / 1 x 24" BenQ 144 Hz Gaming Monitor -   :P

Anyone know how I can link this to Nick as well? Being head of Sales it might be his department as well?....

cheers man

Anyone got anything on this?...

• 1 month later...

@nicklmg and @LinusTech any idea on this? site will be going live shortly and I would like to do my bit at helping you get more noticed in the UK

Thanks

If you're a business I wouldn't.  

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Why not ?

nicklmg and LinusTech any idea on this? site will be going live shortly and I would like to do my bit at helping you get more noticed in the UK

Thanks

I was wondering the same so I just message Slick.  I will update you when he replies.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Why do you say that Yoinkerman? It is going to be a business website but I would like to have a link in there somewhere to LTT as it's one of the best places to come for guides, tutorials etc, plus it helps Linus get more coverage?...

Why not ?

I was wondering the same so I just message Slick.  I will update you when he replies.

Thanks man

Why do you say that Yoinkerman? It is going to be a business website but I would like to have a link in there somewhere to LTT as it's one of the best places to come for guides, tutorials etc, plus it helps Linus get more coverage?...

The way it is right now there's no context.  With context it's probably fine.

Also, their logos are definitely trademarkable, so I would use a text link until you get permission to use their branding.  Using their logo infers some kind of affiliation with LTT, especially with no context.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

The way it is right now there's no context.  With context it's probably fine.

Also, their logos are definitely trademarkable, so I would use a text link until you get permission to use their branding.  Using their logo infers some kind of affiliation with LTT, especially with no context.

I get what your saying, the idea is to have regular links in my 'news' page to here though, the idea of having the logo with hyperlink was just so people browsing my website could come straight to here. The website isn't live at the moment either so don't worry about that I'm making sure I get everything 'legal' before that happens.

Any suggestions on the other logos/icons I have on the sidebar such as the microsoft one, teamviewer etc, do they have to come down as well?  :(  I'm new to designing websites if you hadn't already guessed...

I get what your saying, the idea is to have regular links in my 'news' page to here though, the idea of having the logo with hyperlink was just so people browsing my website could come straight to here. The website isn't live at the moment either so don't worry about that I'm making sure I get everything 'legal' before that happens.

Any suggestions on the other logos/icons I have on the sidebar such as the microsoft one, teamviewer etc, do they have to come down as well?  :(  I'm new to designing websites if you hadn't already guessed...

Hey it's your website you can do whatever you want, I would just be careful of using other companies' branding material if you don't have permission (either from them directly or from a media kit or something)

Thanks man

Slick said its fine.

I also asked him if there are any banners or anything like that made that we could use and he said we can use this 4_ltt_logo.png   But would need to be on a dark background to be read properly.

Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Slick said its fine.

I also asked him if there are any banners or anything like that made that we could use and he said we can use this 4_ltt_logo.png   But would need to be on a dark background to be read properly.

Sweet! Thanks for that man, any idea on other banners/logos such as Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, Brand logos such as Asus???... Your the man for getting this to Slick, cheers

Sweet! Thanks for that man, any idea on other banners/logos such as Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, Brand logos such as Asus???... Your the man for getting this to Slick, cheers

I am surprised Slick isn't annoyed with me with the amount of questions I have asked him, and he has answered every single one :D

Addon Customs -