Suggestions for what tablet to get.

atrash

hey guys, I need help in deciding what tablet to get. This will be my first ever tablet and the main usage will be note taking/quick on the fly sketches. My budget is around 150 pounds but I can stretch out a bit if it is worth spending that extra.

Here's are some of my requirements for it:

-good main camera preferably with autofocus

-has the capability to use hand writing for note taking (doesn't have to be with built-in stylus). I plan to use OneNote

-wifi only is fine

-decent/good battery life maybe can last at least the whole day

-10 - 7 inch screen size

I'm based in UK so if you know any good place to get it for cheap,do let me know.

Thanks.

Here's are some of my requirements for it:

-good main camera preferably with autofocus

-has the capability to use hand writing for note taking (doesn't have to be with built-in stylus). I plan to use OneNote

-wifi only is fine

-decent/good battery life maybe can last at least the whole day

-10 - 7 inch screen size

EVGA/Advent/Gigabyte Tegra Note 7 would probably be best. Pretty good 5MP AF main camera and Stylus for note taking, handwriting, drawing, etc.

"Rawr XD"

Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition.

Surface PRO 3

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition.

Surface PRO 3

You're not going to be getting a pro 3 for 150 pounds. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Neither of which are around 150£

You're not going to be getting a pro 3 for 150 pounds. 

wow  :P

Whoops didn't see the price tag. :P

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

i'm thinking it would have to be used in that price range, is that ok?

Yeah. Maybe anything up to 180 will be fine if it fits the requirement. I have no real experience with using android tablet before so I don't really know what specs are good for a properly working android tablet.

Whoops didn't see the price tag. :P

One can only wish.. ;)

EVGA/Advent/Gigabyte Tegra Note 7 would probably be best. Pretty good 5MP AF main camera and Stylus for note taking, handwriting, drawing, etc.

Are they all the same with just different brandings? The price is almost as expensive as the highly rated Nexus 7. Any thoughts on that? What would be the proper price for a Tegra Note 7?

Are they all the same with just different brandings? The price is almost as expensive as the highly rated Nexus 7. Any thoughts on that? What would be the proper price for a Tegra Note 7?

They're all identical with different branding. There's also a version called the HP Slate 7 Extreme. It's similar to the 2013 Nexus 7 however has a more powerful processor and a stylus with note taking abilities. It's a solid tablet and at the same price point I'd definitely take it over the 2013 Nexus 7 unless you want to wait a bit and check out the Nexus 9

"Rawr XD"

They're all identical with different branding. There's also a version called the HP Slate 7 Extreme. It's similar to the 2013 Nexus 7 however has a more powerful processor and a stylus with note taking abilities. It's a solid tablet and at the same price point I'd definitely take it over the 2013 Nexus 7 unless you want to wait a bit and check out the Nexus 9

I didn't know there's a new Nexus coming out. Do you know when will it come out? Any leaked specs? I find it very hard to find any tegra note 7 here in UK. But that's just maybe I'm new here and don't quite know where to find it,yet.

Looks like it could be priced somewhere close to 300pounds by the look of the specs. *sigh*  

I believe it's going to be 379 USD for 16GB, 399 for 32GB

"Rawr XD"