GTX 980 ti, 990 or new Titan by Christmas?

meisangry2

Google linked me to gtx 980 ti because of a misclick whilst searching. I found this. (Source 1) What interests me most is the, "new GPU can perform 50% higher than the current GTX Titan Black and double that of the 780 Ti" and whats more will do it using less power. This goes on to suggest that a duel core gtx 990 test samples have been sent out to customers.

The article links to another source (Source 2), suggesting the new cards will feature significantly larger memory buses whilst sticking with the 28nm architecture. 

Supposedly coming out in Q4 of 2014 could this be a Christmas present from Nvidia?

Source 1: http://www.eteknix.com/next-generation-nvidia-gpu-leaked/

Source 2: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://pctuning.tyden.cz/component/content/article/1-aktualni-zpravy/30978-geforce-gtx-990-a-nejspis-i-titan-x-na-ceste

Google linked me to gtx 980 ti because of a misclick whilst searching. I found this. (Source 1) What interests me most is the, "new GPU can perform 50% higher than the current GTX Titan Black and double that of the 780 Ti" and whats more will do it using less power. This goes on to suggest that a duel core gtx 990 test samples have been sent out to customers.

The article links to another source (Source 2), suggesting the new cards will feature significantly larger memory buses whilst sticking with the 28nm architecture.

Supposedly coming out in Q4 of 2014 could this be a Christmas present from Nvidia?

Source 1: http://www.eteknix.com/next-generation-nvidia-gpu-leaked/

Source 2: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://pctuning.tyden.cz/component/content/article/1-aktualni-zpravy/30978-geforce-gtx-990-a-nejspis-i-titan-x-na-ceste

Well the first point is utter crap as a Titan Black = 780 Ti with double percision unlocked and double the memory. As such, the only situation it'd perform differently compared to a 980 Ti is when you're VRAM limited.

Otherwise, a 980 Ti will outperform both by the same amount

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I have no doubt GM200 / GM210 may boast some impressive performance per Watt over GK110, -maybe- close to comparable to GM204 comapred to GK104, but I doubt they'll go back to 28nm once the 20nm GM200/GM210, but I am sure it is gonna be a strong performer.  I wanna see AMD"s contending 3xx series.  I love dat 512bit bus.

We'll just have to wait and see, I doubt it though. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

The titan black doesn't perform that much better than a 780ti even.

It performs exactly the same

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Titan Black = 780 Ti with double percision unlocked and double the memory.

Oh really now...

bioshock.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Oh really now...

bioshock.jpg

At 1440p, having more memory will improve performance.

If you benched a Titan Black against a 780 Ti w/ 6GB of memory and they both ran at the same clock, the results would be almost identical

Both the Titan Black and 780 Ti have the same CUDA core, ROP and TMU counts.

The only differences are reference clock speeds and memory configurations. As well as the unlocked double percision performance on the black which is a developer thing and does not affect gaming performance

At 1440p, having more memory will improve performance.

bioshock @ 1440p does NOT use over 3GB of vram.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

bioshock @ 1440p does NOT use over 3GB of vram.

Just like real RAM, the more of it you have, the more of it the system will use.

Rather than loading say half the textures into memory, the system can load ALL the textures to memory, improving transfer speeds on textures to the buffer.

The Black is a 780 Ti with more memory. They're both full GK110 cores. That is a cold hard scientific fact. The only difference is memory and a 780 Ti w/ 6GB will be exactly the same as the Black

Just like real RAM, the more of it you have, the more of it the system will use.

Rather than loading say half the textures into memory, the system can load ALL the textures to memory, improving transfer speeds on textures to the buffer.

The Black is a 780 Ti with more memory. They're both full GK110 cores. That is a cold hard scientific fact. The only difference is memory and a 780 Ti w/ 6GB will be exactly the same as the Black

If that is true, how come VRAM usage does not increase when there is more there? I thought just like system RAM, once you have all the capacity the program requires, any more RAM will not be beneficial to performance?

Although these benchmarks show performance as the same, with the cards swapping spots for number one.

http://www.pcgamer.com/gtx-titan-black-the-ultimate-gaming-gpu/

http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GTX+Titan+Black/review has the 780 Ti higher

The Digital Storm benchmarks have Bioshock and Battlefield giving it an odd edge, but the other games have much more expected results.

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/unlocked/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-black-review-and-benchmarks-idnum173/

Even Nvidia has it about equal performance on their graph

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-titan-black/performance

Which considering the clockrate of the Titan Black is higher default, 980 verse 928, it makes sense that the Titan Black would be a few points better.

So I think the conclusion is the expected result of Titan Black verse GTX 780 Ti is that they will perform equally in-games at identical clock rates. Most games do not come close to using more than 3gb of VRAM even at higher resolutions, so the 3gb on the 780 Ti is not a limiter for normal users.

just as a heads up it's most likey not going to be called the 980ti

The ti is a naming extension reserved for an updated/fully enabled core- 780/780ti had the same GK110 core but the 780ti was fully enabled as it the 980.

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

It really depends on what res are you going to be playing at. Honestly if you are going to be playing at 1080p, just get a 970 and call it a day. If you are aiming at 1440 you should probably wait, so you can tackle that resolution with a single card without issues.

I don't think Nvidia would release something fully unlocked for AMD just to beat it, I'm pretty sure that they're hiding a monster for AMD's response to 980. According to some rumors AMD's  r9 380x will be competing with 980 and 390x will go against so much supposed 980Ti and not the "Titan Le 3rd". 

The article links to another source (Source 2), suggesting the new cards will feature significantly larger memory buses whilst sticking with the 28nm architecture. 

Source 1: http://www.eteknix.com/next-generation-nvidia-gpu-leaked/

Source 2: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://pctuning.tyden.cz/component/content/article/1-aktualni-zpravy/30978-geforce-gtx-990-a-nejspis-i-titan-x-na-ceste

The Titan Black isn't that much faster than the 780 Ti, so that source is BS for sure.

The Titan Black isn't that much faster than the 780 Ti, so that source is BS for sure.

It doesn't say that.lol Learn to read, it says that that new gpu will be able to perform %50 more than the titan black. The new gpu perform double/x2 of 780ti. Get it?

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

It doesn't say that.lol Learn to read, it says that that new gpu will be able to perform %50 more than the titan black. The new gpu perform double/x2 of 780ti. Get it?

Yes, I can read. I'm saying that it's impossible for a card to be simultaneously 50% faster than the Titan Black and 100% faster than the 780 Ti, because that implies that the Titan Black is ~33% faster than than the 780 Ti, and that's not even close to true. You have to use your brain when you read sometimes.

Yes, I can read. I'm saying that it's impossible for a card to be simultaneously 50% faster than the Titan Black and 100% faster than the 780 Ti, because that implies that the Titan Black is ~33% faster than than the 780 Ti, and that's not even close to true. You have to use your brain when you read sometimes.

Agreed, whether or not the Titan Black performs better at high resolution is irrelevent, the difference would never be that large no matter what (realistic) resolution you were using. So the source is still bogus either way.

(P.S. Thanks for doing the math right)

Is not out yet, so you don't know it. Maybe they use some kind of black magic on the 980ti, they may even call the new titan, TitanBM/BlackMagic. So all the game on ultra + 4k will be able to play at 120fps+ with a single gpu, rhy not right?  Because look how bad they perform. 

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Whatever it is it will not be called 980 Ti.  They will keep their GM200 for the next gen, just like how they kept Kepler for 2 releases.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Is not out yet, so you don't know it. Maybe they use some kind of black magic on the 980ti, they may even call the new titan, TitanBM/BlackMagic. So all the game on ultra + 4k will be able to play at 120fps+ with a single gpu, rhy not right? Because look how bad they perform.

Now you're the one not reading properly. Either that, or you're terrible with math and logical reasoning. Re-read my post please, and find a Titan Black review. You're the only person who doesn't understand what I'm saying.

The 980ti or titan 2 probably won't come out till AMD gets ready to launch their new line of cards(2015). That will force the price of the 980/970's down and give people something new from the green team to win over people that would have otherwise bought whatever AMD plans on coming out with next. 

Now you're the one not reading properly. Either that, or you're terrible with math and logical reasoning. Re-read my post please, and find a Titan Black review. You're the only person who doesn't understand what I'm saying.

I totally understand you, but I shouldn't have said as a replay, cause is more as an general idea.

But is ok.