BF4 Load Times...

N3rot0xin

... are just stupid. I'm on a wired connection getting beat by matter of 2 minutes by people on wireless and people who weren't even in the last round on that server to the start of a new round, I miss the "Ready Up" stage 3/4 of the time and its pissing me off. BF4 is the only game which takes so long to load. What can I do about this/ what is there to do? It makes the game unplayable as hell for me when I have to wait forever just to miss the begining of the game.. 

I am whatever I am. 

ssd? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

ssd? 

That don't involve spending money. Plus I've heard its not even that much of a help to load from an SSD in BF4.

I am whatever I am. 

something thats always confuzled me about load times is i have a 5400 rpm hdd and a wireless connection but in every game i load first. the only person who gets close is my mate with a wd black and a wired connection. not that im complaining 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

That don't involve spending money. Plus I've heard its not even that much of a help to load from an SSD in BF4.

low ping? 

others have faster DL speeds? 

Im usually the second or 3 one in with my ssd. VS HDD the game already started or because of the update just beginning but all the vehicles gone. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Put is on a SSD or faster a HDD. I have it on my ssd and am usually first in.

This is not true at all. An SSD is the most important part of loading in, not the connection. My laptop takes 4 minutes to load in while my desktop takes 30 seconds.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

low ping? 

others have faster DL speeds? 

Im usually the second or 3 one in with my ssd. VS HDD the game already started or because of the update just beginning but all the vehicles gone. 

I ping 25-30 in 99% of my games. And i have 22mbps dl speed. Its defintely not my connection, and I say again, SSDs aren't always going to help load times and that is specific to BF4. 

I am whatever I am. 

This is not true at all. An SSD is the most important part of loading in, not the connection. My laptop takes 4 minutes to load in while my desktop takes 30 seconds.

2600K @ 4.6Ghz and HD7950 took 45s on my 7200Rpm 110Mb/s read and write drive...

Less than 25s on the SSD at all times, faster when you don't exit and do round to round.

Huge difference, almost half the time taken on initial loading.

Your issue seems normal if your not using an SSD or a WD black/superfast mechanical.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I'm pretty sure it's going to be one of these things:

1. Get an SSD

2. Change to a wired connection if you aren't already on one

3. If wired is inconvenient try powerline adapters because they're very close if not the same

4. Move to another street/town/state/country where you get better internet speeds

I ping 25-30 in 99% of my games. And i have 22mbps dl speed. Its defintely not my connection, and I say again, SSDs aren't always going to help load times and that is specific to BF4. 

Load times are very much tied to your ssd /hdd speed for bf4.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be one of these things:

1. Get an SSD

2. Change to a wired connection if you aren't already on one

3. If wired is inconvenient try powerline adapters because they're very close if not the same

4. Move to another street/town/state/country where you get better internet speeds

You can come back when you read more then the title. I'm already on an a wired connection with 22down/5up. 

I am whatever I am. 

Do you connect to local servers or international ones?

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Do you connect to local servers or international ones?

Local only, hence low ping. 

I am whatever I am. 

Really? Very unusual indeed.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Lol the only thing that will help your load time is a better hdd or ssd. Nothing else is going to help.

Lol the only thing that will help your load time is a better hdd or ssd. Nothing else is going to help.

I am not spending money just to make one game load faster. I have a 64gb SSD that I use as my boot drive and if it had the space I would put the vanilla texture files on there since DLC loads just fine. 

I am whatever I am. 

I agree. SSD is the best thing you can do for load times. Everything else is minor improvements and not worth it. Maybe overclocking helps too. But only a tiny bit.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

It's heaps of help. If I do not have BF4 on my SSD I often miss countdown (But still in relatively early). If it's on my SSD then I never miss countdown

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

You can come back when you read more then the title. I'm already on an a wired connection with 22down/5up. 

Sorry I did read your post, I added the wired connection bit just before I was about to post my reply because I forgot you'd said it... :P

Basically though I don't think there's a lot you can do without buying an SSD, which may or may not help depending on where the bottleneck is in your connection.

Yeah Im basically done with bf4 for a while so i guess this is a moot point.  Server browser is telling me that there are no servers, at all, in all of north america playing any of the dlc maps with 1-16 free slots. So I reset filter, which selects North America as the only region but then I end up on some asian server and 500 ping. Seriously, what the hell? Not even the browser works...

I am whatever I am. 

There is litteraly no way that your connection is causing this. I played BF3 on a 50kbps/down-10kbps/up for a week and it worked fine-ish i shit you not!

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

There is litteraly no way that your connection is causing this. I played BF3 on a 50kbps/down-10kbps/up for a week and it worked fine-ish i shit you not!

I KNOW its not my connection. Absolutely no way it could be. Not with 22down.. No. And i pitty you on that speed.. 

I am whatever I am. 

I KNOW its not my connection. Absolutely no way it could be. Not with 22down.. No. And i pitty you on that speed.. 

Defrag using a program that can send specific data to a specific part of the drive.

Like O&O Defrag is able to let me set Windows/Games directories towards the start of the drive where its faster.

See if it improves a little.

Start overclocking if your not buying an SSD and it's not your network.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

An SSD is 100% responsible for map load times in BF4. When a map loads it is caching data that is stored on your drive to GPU and RAM memory.

My Rig!

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D, Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming, CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K (OC'd to 4.2Ghz), RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz, GFX: 2 x Gigabyte GTX770 OC Windforce in SLI, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i with Corsair SP120 Quiet edition fans, SSD: 2 x 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro in Raid 0, Storage: 2Tb WD Caviar Black, PSU: Corsair AX760i, Monitor: Benq XL2024T Keyboard: Corsair K70, Mouse: Razer Taipan