BF4 Load Times...

N3rot0xin

That don't involve spending money. Plus I've heard its not even that much of a help to load from an SSD in BF4.

I am not spending money just to make one game load faster. I have a 64gb SSD that I use as my boot drive and if it had the space I would put the vanilla texture files on there since DLC loads just fine. 

SSD really is your only help in this situation. And before you try arguing that SSD doesn't have effect on BF4, I'll burst your bubble. Yes, it does. There's this oldie by Corsair: http://cwsmgmt.corsair.com/media/MikeC_Blogs/1_BF4_LoadTimes/BF_4_Load_Time_Chart.JPG (Neutron GTX vs WD Black). Then real world truth: Our gaming group players with pretty similiar connections (all 8mbs and over), capable machines in terms of cpu and ram power and all live in same country. This may not make sense to you in US but its pretty much like same state. 2 of us had BF4 in SSD so we were among those few to load the game.... and select which vehicles we wanted to use. Others were using HDDs. Difference was noticeable. Another real world test was when I moved my BF3 from Samsung HDD to my current HyperX 3K SSD. Load times went from over 30secs to about 10sec.

If you want to stay cheap, then you just have to get used of waiting. Thats the way things work with computers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I think SSD user doesn't have advantage over HDD users in BF4 since September patch, because I always get this annoying ready button and after that 13 sec countdown before match start.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

I think SSD user doesn't have advantage over HDD users in BF4 since September patch, because I always get this annoying ready button and after that 13 sec countdown before match start.

By the time i load in, that countdown is long over

I am whatever I am. 

Defrag using a program that can send specific data to a specific part of the drive.

Like O&O Defrag is able to let me set Windows/Games directories towards the start of the drive where its faster.

See if it improves a little.

Start overclocking if your not buying an SSD and it's not your network.

Just got O&O. Having a hard time gettin started with it, how do you set which folders are where on the drive?

I am whatever I am. 

Just got O&O. Having a hard time gettin started with it, how do you set which folders are where on the drive?

Zone Filling is the keyword/specific button/menu item that brings up which folders ot set.

I looked at mine and realized/forgot that I had bought mine ages ago, so this may be a "pro" feature and not in the free version, but I would think it would be. (I don't have the free version installed to check)

The buttons up top, far right the one before the last it should be there. On the Left of 'Settings'

I add the user folder i want fast to zone 1, and set zone 1 to sort by last access "Windows background data files / Game files and maps are pretty frequently used files" and if their at the start of mechanical drives, a little faster even.

It's Kind of like forcing a 200GB drive into a short stroke partition of 60GB+140GB for specific 'fast' data to be put in a specific '60GB at start of drive' spot on the drive, but doing it with defrag software and selecting which folders after their on the drive.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

On the "Configure zone filing" screen, I assume that each of the three boxes to the right of the dirve selection represent each of the three zones?

I am whatever I am. 

On the "Configure zone filing" screen, I assume that each of the three boxes to the right of the dirve selection represent each of the three zones?

20k7k0j.jpg

Yep, clicking on C will have three zones, with pre-setup folders you can disable or keep enabled, and under those, you have an option to add a folder. Add the BF4 folder.

And then sort zone1 files by last access

Then do a Optimize/Complete on those drives.

DO NOT do this for SSD's, SSD's should not be defragged, Nor does this make any file faster on an SSD, I've tested it.

This is a mechanical trick much like Partitioning to force a specific space/speed of the HDD to house certain files.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yep, clicking on C will have three zones, with pre-setup folders you can disable or keep enabled, and under those, you have an option to add a folder. Add the BF4 folder.

And then sort zone1 files by last access

Then do a Optimize/Complete on those drives.

DO NOT do this for SSD's, SSD's should not be defragged, Nor does this make any file faster on an SSD, I've tested it.

This is a mechanical trick much like Partitioning to force a specific space/speed of the HDD to house certain files.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. It just finished the Optimize/Complete after 14 hours, going to try and see if it made a difference. 

I am whatever I am.