PC Problems you live with

have to make a custom support for my 680s soon as they never ceases to bend oh so slowly downwards :(

and also have to do some custom work to make room for water cooling later down the line...

such a 1st world problem :|

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

Not having hard drives that make the same old clicky noise when seeking like they did in the 90s :D Love that sound, it is the sound of computers.

My god, my mom's pc makes that sound, sounds like the hard drive is dying to me o.O

My god, my mom's pc makes that sound, sounds like the hard drive is dying to me o.O

It only sounds like a dying hard drive if you hear the drive trying to recalibrate the heads. Its actually easier to hear an incoming dying drive if you can hear it starting to not work. 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I live without a proper desk.

It's more of a shelf that holds my monitor.

I have my keyboard and mouse on a large piece of expensive 1/2 inch thick Margard coated Lexan. I lay it across the arms of my chair and sit comfortable with my feet on a raised stool.

Works very well and allows easy movement as I can turn my body/swivel my chair and still keep the keyboard directly infront of me.

That alone makes my 4 display set up usable.

(I do have a really nice large desk, however my current place is too small to set it up.)

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

My 16 GB of 1866 ram is only running at 1600 Mhz because I can't get it stable in my Gigabyte 990FX UD3 at 1866. 

The Ethernet port on my motherboard decides when it wants to work. Seriously. It won't work for a couple months, then I'll just plug in a cord for shits and BOOM its working again for a few weeks before it dies and I have to go back to wifi. Seriously. Can't figure out why. 

For awhile I wasn't using my SSD the right way, accidentally installed Windows while having the port set to IDE mode. Was not nearly as fast but fixing it would have required re installing windows. Finally did it when I upgraded to 8 and WOAH is it faster now. 

alright slighly loud fans its most just the sound of rushing air but still....

also cpu temps get a bit high and i should optimize my overclock to fix them but I'm too lazy....

Here's another problem I live with...my case occasionally rattles. I remove the one thumbscrew on the right side panel...it stops. A few hours later, it starts to rattle again. I put the thumbscrew in, and it stops again.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Having to shut down windows then holding the case button until the system (Fans and water-cooler) shuts down.

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D

blue led on my deep cool V4000 GPU cooler and its upside down logo

*i have a black and red color scheme

2500k,4.3GHZ · Hyper.212.+ · P67A-UD3-B3 · 2x4GB.1600Mhz · GTX 760 AMP!.2GB · M4.128GB · WDCBlue.1TB · WDCGreen.3TB · WDCGreen.1.5TB · XFX.XXX.650W · HAF.912.Advance
ND7000 · 17-50 f/2.8 · 50 f/1.8

My case fans are a bit loud.. graphics card had coil whine.. Power supply cables are short.. Also blue ram but black and red color scheme.

Case: Corsair white 600T | Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: intel i5-357OK oc to 4.3 | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Graphics Card: Evga 660 Ti FTW signature 2 | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GBPower supply: ModXstream-pro 600W | SSD: Samsung 840 Series | Keyboard: Corsair K70Mouse: Corsair M65 | MonitorAsus VS228H-P 22-inch | 2nd Monitor:  Viewsonic 22 inch-LED 3rd Monitor: LG 32 inch tv | Mic: audio-technica AT2020 USB | Headset 1:  Audio technica ATH-M50s | Headset 2: Corsair Vengeance 2000.

A almost 7 year old computer that overheats all the time and takes 3 minutes to boot and has a HDD that is almost full of nothing but crap.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Crappy internet  64 kB/s QQ

i5 3570K - HD7870 Hawk - 1TB WD BLUE - 2x4GB Gskill RAM - Corsair Vengeance C70 White 

My optical drive randomly power off because of a short in the molex to sata connector. Also my PSU is starting to die from a few years of over powering it and now some of the caps are starting to leak.

Here's a new one for me: AF120 fans in front of my C70 case makes a humming noise with the dust filter on. Not annoying but it's noticeable.  

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Having had my SSD boot drive die and not having the cash to replace it, I'm forced to use an old Seagate Barracuda 500GB until I can afford and be bothered to get another SSD.

A almost 7 year old computer that overheats all the time and takes 3 minutes to boot and has a HDD that is almost full of nothing but crap.

3 entire minutes? Do you make a coffee or something while you wait?

Sound from the motherboard is low specially when using in-ear headphones, no fix for that too , thanks MSI ! -_-

Extremely long boot times. A super crappy graphics card.

I used to have that I had a 1tb hdd from 2010 that had 80 megabytes a second reads and writes. I also had a HD5450 in my system :( . It was so bad and I went from that to a 240gb OCZ Vertex 3 SSD @ 450 Megabytes a second reads and write as well as a 7970. Quite a big change me thinks.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

1) my legit copy of windows 8 gripes when I reinstall, so I have to call M$ to get it "registered", and I used to like to reinstall often.

2) want a decent mic to go with my headphones so I can throw the crappy Logitech VOIP headset away.

3) want a IPS monitor with a good response time to replace my 23" TN panel, cause they just look bad to me anymore.

4) need a can of spray paint to fix my Quickfire rapid that looks like its been at war cause the case coating fell off when I used 92% isopropyl to clean the keys.

I like to complain, so says my wife, I'm sure this list could get a lot longer :-)

My underpowered AMD FX 4170 xD

AMD FX 8320 @4.9GHz-Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3-EVGA GTX 660 SC-8GB Crucial ballistics sport 1600MHz-Corsair H80 Push/Pull-1TB Seagate barracuda-Corsair C70 Gunmetal Black-EVGA Supernova Nex 650G 80+Gold Full modular

3 entire minutes? Do you make a coffee or something while you wait?

Its usually always on but when it gets turned off ugh it sucks

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

poor gpu chip that wont overclock past 970 m/hz

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

every couple o days my laptops internal speekers andmy headphones get disconected and the only way to fix it is to punch my laptop and it works surprisingly

the fact that shogun 2 hates my pc and crashes half the time I launch it. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558