custom case ideas?

OsamaBinLaggin'

so I have been pondering over what cases to get, not liking something about the case, or seeing a case I like, ordering it, then seeing an even better case (frustrating ugh)

so I've been thinking, how about making a custom case? 

Now I have a lot of tools to my disposal, and materials are not an issue. I've seen a lot of computers put in there desks, and that looks pretty cool, but I've been wanting to do something different but I am not sure what. I am probably gonna think about it more, but  little ideas from other people could help shape maybe one of the coolest cases ever.

lets-do-it1.gif?w=584

What form factor are you after? With Mini ITX there is a lot of wild things you  can do, and usually having less space means less work for the build.

What form factor are you after? With Mini ITX there is a lot of wild things you  can do, and usually having less space means less work for the build.

guess i kinda left out the size eh, ahaha but i was thinking of doing just an ATX build

post-108244-0-66629500-1412654736.jpg

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

A chair case. You sit on your computer.

You can sit on an old Antec case with a cushion on top :P.

guess i kinda left out the size eh, ahaha but i was thinking of doing just an ATX build

You can do a inverted  90°-rotated ATX case, like a Silverstone TJ11 but without being massive. Make it space efficient, ditch the hard drives and go for a huge bottom intake paired with a rear exhaust. You can mount the PSU vertically behind the front panel which would be clean with a design/logo. Leave enough space for radiators, res and pump, so if you want to venture into watercooling the case will support it.

Unless you have access to a laser cutter or CNC machine I would not try making a case from scratch.

It will be a lot of work for something that turns out worse than the stuff you could buy from caselabs or something...

But if you're determined and don't mind spending money on a project like this, then go for it :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Unless you have access to a laser cutter or CNC machine I would not try making a case from scratch.

It will be a lot of work for something that turns out worse than the stuff you could buy from caselabs or something...

But if you're determined and don't mind spending money on a project like this, then go for it :)

pretty much my tools consist of a plasma cutter, iron-worker, shearer, hydraulic bending machine, pretty much things to make clean bends and cuts if I wanna use steel, or if I use plastic I mean I have other things, and my material is all free from where I work

You can sit on an old Antec case with a cushion on top :P.

You can do a inverted 90°-rotated ATX case, like a Silverstone TJ11 but without being massive. Make it space efficient, ditch the hard drives and go for a huge bottom intake paired with a rear exhaust. You can mount the PSU vertically behind the front panel which would be clean with a design/logo. Leave enough space for radiators, res and pump, so if you want to venture into watercooling the case will support it.

Like ft05

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

pretty much my tools consist of a plasma cutter, iron-worker, shearer, hydraulic bending machine, pretty much things to make clean bends and cuts if I wanna use steel, or if I use plastic I mean I have other things, and my material is all free from where I work

Oh then it sounds possible for you then :)

Do a build log

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

A chair case. You sit on your computer.

mind-blown-2.gif

I'd honestly never thought of that.

I'd just do something that has a good industrial look with a lot of fans. Instead of doing quad 120's do quad 140's etc.

I'd make something similar to that, but with 140's on the side, another set of side fans on the top, with another set of fans on the "roof" so that the top rads would be intaking and then immediately exhausting out of the roof. Then have dual rear 140's on the back, and 4 vertical 140's on the front intaking. On the bottom I'd have 2 rads on either side intaking with another set of fans above them pulling the air into the main chamber to be exhausted by the rear fans. Then have a UV reactive plexiglass (semi transparent, like the UV reactive lego blocks) with hidden UV lighting to make the case seem to glow on it's own. Color scheme could be whatever.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

@OP, I just noticed your username... What about a PC in a barrel? Make it look like an exaggerated IED?

Like this one?

A very very very horribly crude paint drawing of my idea for a case. Fan sizes and rad sizes could of course vary, but I'd like to see it done and plan on doing one like this myself some day. View is from the front, not the side.

post-78731-0-64074500-1412688885.png

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Do one themed around your favourite videogame :D

My dream PC is a Starcraft 2, Zerg themed PC, which I would name Hive Mind

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM