Thank you (DICE) for creating the most stuttery, lagging BF4 to date...

MegaDave91

Ever since the latest patch, my performance has plummeted. In fact, the very first thing I noticed during my first game post installing the patch was how much my framerate dipped in areas it simply never did.

Before the patch, I was able to consistently stay above 60 fps on ultra (no aa/ao) at 4k (not DSR...native 4k) and would only dip during explosions; now I'm dipping into 50s and even mid 40s while just running around. And stuttering is a nightmare now...

Why must they always fuck something up with every new patch? It's driving me nuts...

Take a look at my gpus' utilization...

EDIT: you may have to zoom in to see them.

bf42014-10-0400-23-59.png

bf42014-10-0400-24-57.png

I seriously hope DICE gets wind of this issue because it's unacceptable.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

You might want to put this on the battlelog forums or the CTE Forums.

I had this issue, although I some how fixed it.

Now im running it @ 1600p, 60 FPS, High Settings with a single 770

Also, try disabling SLI.

You were expecting EA to get their act together? This is normal by EA standards.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

You were expecting EA to get their act together? This is normal by EA standards.

The unfortunate truth 

You might want to put this on the battlelog forums or the CTE Forums.

I had this issue, although I some how fixed it.

Now im running it @ 1600p, 60 FPS, High Settings with a single 770

Also, try disabling SLI.

I think I will, but I honestly hope there's already a thread about it.

As for disabling SLI...one 780 isn't going to tolerate 4k.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

why are you guys all hating on 30 FPS, that's not bad, it's my minimum for games

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

why are you guys all hating on 30 FPS, that's not bad, it's my minimum for games

That's like asking a mechanical keyboard user to use a membrane keyboard.

You're joking, right?

That's like asking a mechanical keyboard user to use a membrane keyboard.

I'll happily use some membrane keyboards..

I can't even see anything wrong in the screenshots...

Life.exe is missing

I haven't even been able to get the damn game to work for the past 4 months. I stopped giving a fuck about bf4 to be honest. Shit is too stressful to come home from work and have to deal with trying to fix the damn thing.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

I can't even see anything wrong in the screenshots...

My 780s are running at 41% and 40% in the first screenshot...at 4K. They should be pinned at 99% at that resolution.

I'll happily use some membrane keyboards..

Eh, for most people then? :P Myself anyway

Hrmm thanks for pointing this out. I didn't check to see if there was any performance difference post-patch on my part. Will test it and see if I got the same problem.

I'd love to love this game... I really would. WHEN this game worked, it was fun, but the hours upon hours of frustration for a few minutes of fun just simply wasn't worth it. before I had my 780, I was running on a 7870, and AMD, supposedly the card the game was designed for... team red. February of this year, the game still had game-breaking bugs, and I was far past my great game guarantee without putting more than enough time in the game to get past level four, or complete the campaign. When I contacted EA about it, they basically told me to screw off, in a slightly more nice way... slightly. I wish I still had the email, but the jist of it was:

We only guarantee the game for "(insert conditions here)", If you read the guarantee you have surpassed the timeframe, and as such, you are no longer eligible for the GGG"

From day one, until I finally removed it from my hard drive (the date I happen to know - February 14 (yes, valentines day) as I recently re-installed it) it got progressively worse with each new update, I played the game for three months with no sound, literally, no sound, none, not even music. it got to the point where neither the campaign or the multiplayer were working for me, because battlelog would not detect that I had the plugin installed. I know I wasn't alone in this, when I left, the forum was full of similar problems. when I finally came back (late September), running on absolute lowest settings, no supersampling (in fact, I think I was running slightly below full resolution, just to see if it would work) i was not able to push the game to a steady 50 FPS at 1080p....on an overclocked 780. it also had very significant and distinct connection advantage/disadvantage, and major rubber banding issues, and it doens't help that the series has become the next COD with near-instant kills, and complete "WTF" moments.

So, with all that said, sadly, this does not surprise me. I don't know who to blame here, EA, DICE, or Both. The game was very obviously rushed, that one belongs to EA, the successive patches that took a broken game and destroyed it, is incompetence on DICE, and may be a result of EA, again, rushing them. It would appear that this game is beyond the point of salvaging.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Could i ask how did you get the thing that tells the temps and utilization?

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Could i ask how did you get the thing that tells the temps and utilization?

PlayClaw5

Everybody is saying how awesome this update is, while I'm joining you, it's a terrible update IMO. I die behind walls, kill behind walls, get instakilled...also weapon balance sucks ass now, "AEK or go home". This doesn't happen very often but I'm quitting the game and playing Dota...that shit is atleast balanced.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird