Free XCOM: Enemy Unknown by voting on Golden Joystick Awards before October 20.

mgsstar

Just received the email today:

post-766-0-78827900-1412210515_thumb.png

In short, vote before October 20, 2014 and during October 23-27 you are able to redeem the game. You would have to register through Playfire to get your steam code unfortunately. Its available to only 18+ users as the game is 18+ (so make sure you have the right birthday to qualify ;).

Link:http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/?p=email4_voting_open

Post: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/477986/blog/golden-joysticks-vote-and-receive-xcom-free-courtesy-of-green-man-gaming/

Important Points:

Before you head off and cast your votes, here are the super important bullet points:

• All voters (including existing voters) will be able to claim their free copy once voting has ended.
  • Voters will be directed to the free game giveaway site and from the 23rd of October using the email address you voted with, you will need to sign-up to Playfire (and link to Steam) in order to receive a verification email and game code.
  • The offer is "while stock lasts" and you'll have to be over 18 to claim.
  • Regular CVG readers will remember that last year this promotion nuked our servers from orbit. We've significantly increased our infrastructure since then, but please bear with us if you experience any problems.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I have never heard of this before. Just to check before I go and do anything it is legit right?

" Please note: you won't be able to claim your game until October 23. So don't try."

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I have never heard of this before. Just to check before I go and do anything it is legit right?

Yes, last year they gave away CIV 5. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Yea they gave away Civ 5 and Mafia 2 last year but it was a lot easier to redeem as they just send you a steam code unlike this year.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

HKKMZ2E.png

Mmm, my opinions.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

...? Game?

2cPshlz.png

You are able to redeem it on October 23:

Voters will be directed to the free game giveaway site and from the 23rd of October using the email address you voted with, you will need to sign-up to Playfire (and link to Steam) in order to receive a verification email and game code.

Gaming personality of the year has Feminazi but no Lord GabeN.

Will not vote.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I already have an account and already linked to steam. Can I still get the mail? -_-

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I had to skip some categories because the games there were awful including the game of the year. Battlefield 4 was horrible and AC4 boring.

"Who are you the King of Siam, you got to get the best one? Who cares? They’re all the same these machines. They’re all made from the same asian suffering." - Louie Season 3 Episode 10, GO WATCH IT NOW.

And what if you already have a Playfire account?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

tqockn.png

Also:

ofyeqt.png

So if you call out a con-artist and say that her bias, false, agenda crap is bullshit, you are 'petty and weak'? Fuck off CVG, I'm only here for the free game.

Great now to wait a month :(

You are able to redeem it on October 23:

A69mVJ0.png

Uh-huh.

This was a huge waste of time for me before I even got to this page (the final page). The voting is stupid as fuck, the choices are bad, everything is mega-biased and instead of saying PC they just call it "Steam".

Holy crap this is so stupid.

Apparently it has been two years since I signed up for a playfire account.  Didn't even remember I had one until trying to make a new account with my email when it said the address had already been used.  Looking through some comments, it seems I missed their Civ5 giveaway, perhaps I should have paid more attention.

So I just did this and I'm not seeing anywhere where it mentions XCOM, Instead I get the Ipad air giveaway ad like Ren posted...... were we to late?

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

So I just did this and I'm not seeing anywhere where it mentions XCOM, Instead I get the Ipad air giveaway ad like Ren posted...... were we to late?

No.  The OP already quoted it but you will not receive anything further about the giveaway until October 23.  At that point you will be directed to the giveaway site, and as long as both your playfire account (must be linked to Steam) and your CVG account are using the same email, you should get a code (as long as supplies last).

There comes a time in one mans life when he must do the unthinkable and vote for pewdiepie.

WFSMerz.png

This is such a shame Anita isn't a gamer or developer just a woman with sexist beliefs and shouldn't be on this list.

I hope 4chan and Reddit sort this vote out to be honest then again 4chans been so whipped by admins I doubt they will do anything.

Watch as Anita wins as yet another show of how broken game journalism actually is.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Uh-huh.

This was a huge waste of time for me before I even got to this page (the final page). The voting is stupid as fuck, the choices are bad, everything is mega-biased and instead of saying PC they just call it "Steam".

Holy crap this is so stupid.

This. Really is a sad state of affairs when PC gaming is now just called 'Steam'. What about those who don't want to use console-like platforms for their PC gaming?

And yeah, the bias on the site is awful.

There comes a time in one mans life when he must do the unthinkable and vote for pewdiepie.

This is such a shame Anita isn't a gamer or developer just a woman with sexist beliefs and shouldn't be on this list.

I hope 4chan and Reddit sort this vote out to be honest then again 4chans been so whipped by admins I doubt they will do anything.

Watch as Anita wins as yet another show of how broken game journalism actually is.

I made a thread on /v/ literally just posting the image you posted as the OP, it got deleted after about 10 replies. Really is a shame, the place where you were always free to say what's on your mind is now just another echochamber where you're only allowed to say what the mods let you.

I made a thread on /v/ literally just posting the image you posted as the OP, it got deleted after about 10 replies. Really is a shame, the place where you were always free to say what's on your mind is now just another echochamber where you're only allowed to say what the mods let you.

SJW my friend :(... its painful how the best place for me to talk about this whole thing is here on LTT got to love our mods. The whole thing came and went yet on Reddit/4Chan they just try to suppress it and just continue pouring more fuel on the fire.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Received my email today and created and linked my account to steam and received my code. You would have to go to playfire/gmg and create an account and link your steam before you click the link in your email.