Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr
29 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Shouldn't unless you had something logging in a hidden user account behind your back *shudders*

I have only 1 user account (adminstrator account- not built in) 

10 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Come to think about it, a similar sounds is a notification from a Samsung phone.

Do you have PushBullet or a Samsung phone specific software?

Yes, I have Samsung smart switch 

i noticed something strange. i updated to the slow release schedule, and when it was done, my displays looked really weird. i then realised that it had reset my color preferences in the nvidia control panel. i just updated my laptop, and it did the same thing, but this time in the intel control panel. it only reset my saturation preferences from maximum back to default. my brightness and contrast settings were untouched. 

She/Her

On 10/17/2017 at 11:10 AM, GoodBytes said:

No, meant clean install tomorrow with the latest version of Windows 10.

On 10/17/2017 at 11:31 AM, tjcater said:

Shouldn't unless you had something logging in a hidden user account behind your back *shudders*

just reformatted(clean install ) my pc, I noticed that apps like facebook and instagram aren't working anymore

and not to mention the windows controled folder access is to agressive, it doesn't even allow me to 

- restore my file back to its original location

-doesn't save my screenshot

3 hours ago, Yongtjunkit said:

just reformatted(clean install ) my pc, I noticed that apps like facebook and instagram aren't working anymore

Strange. Do you have your GPU drivers installed?

3 hours ago, Yongtjunkit said:

and not to mention the windows controled folder access is to agressive, it doesn't even allow me to 

- restore my file back to its original location

-doesn't save my screenshot

That is the point.. if there is a way to access it, then it will be used to exploit the flaw.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Strange. Do you have your GPU drivers installed?

That is the point.. if there is a way to access it, then it will be used to exploit the flaw.

Yup, I have both Intel HD graphics and Nvidia gpu installed.  If I wasn't mistaken windows updates installed the Intel HD graphics since I forgot to install it. I only noticed both instagram and Facebook have this problem, Twitter and flipboard works fine 

6 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

Yup, I have both Intel HD graphics and Nvidia gpu installed.  If I wasn't mistaken windows updates installed the Intel HD graphics since I forgot to install it. I only noticed both instagram and Facebook have this problem, Twitter and flipboard works fine 

When I fresh install, I tend to have a different issue every time. Once, I installed it, Cortana would not work (Even after going through two major updates) and I had to do a fresh install. Right now, UWP apps don't show their icons correctly when searching for them. Sometimes when I install, I can't even use messenger or some other random UWP app like you. Its like you have to gamble on what issue you will have :P

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0451f1e7ab95b9ffeb924db813080de7.png

43 minutes ago, tjcater said:

When I fresh install, I tend to have a different issue every time. Once, I installed it, Cortana would not work (Even after going through two major updates) and I had to do a fresh install. Right now, UWP apps don't show their icons correctly when searching for them. Sometimes when I install, I can't even use messenger or some other random UWP app like you. Its like you have to gamble on what issue you will have :P

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.0451f1e7ab95b9ffeb924db813080de7.png

Do I need to reinstall windows again for it to work? Sounds annoying to do it again after doing a fresh install and uwp apps not working. 

Just now, Yongtjunkit said:

Do I need to reinstall windows again for it to work? Sounds annoying to do it again after doing a fresh install and uwp apps not working. 

There might be another solution to solving the problem, but I know a fresh install might help (Spin the issue roulette every install, you shouldn't have the same issue in a row I hope :P)

For me, I have issues on a clean install, where I start uninstalling apps while it updates, and the account is still being setup.

If I let Windows actually finish doing the account creation, and that the store apps are updated, and OS updated, and restart and check again for updates and all is done at 100%, and NOW I start uninstalling or installing apps and stuff, and other Win32 programs, now I have a solid build.

Basically, something tend to happen to go bad if you go fast... definitely some sort of race condition and break things.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

For me, I have issues on a clean install, where I start uninstalling apps while it updates, and the account is still being setup.

If I let Windows actually finish doing the account creation, and that the store apps are updated, and OS updated, and restart and check again for updates and all is done at 100%, and NOW I start uninstalling or installing apps and stuff, and other Win32 programs, now I have a solid build.

Basically, something tend to happen to go bad if you go fast... definitely some sort of race condition and break things.

1 hour ago, tjcater said:

There might be another solution to solving the problem, but I know a fresh install might help (Spin the issue roulette every install, you shouldn't have the same issue in a row I hope :P)

Here's actually what I did this morning for clean install 

-download windows 10 via windows media creation tool

- set up account (using voice instead of using keyboard and mouse)

-disconnected from the internet (ethernet cable) when searching for display driver pops up

-install all drivers and reboot 

- enabled windows controlled access 

- install all software 

- xsplit split an error while creating a desktop shortcut 

- copy back all files and relocate documents,music,desktop,video,pictures folder to d: 

-install uwp apps: Facebook,Twitter,Instagram,flipboard,wifi analyzer, speed test.net

-more information - @tjcater

@GoodBytesFor the driver and software installation, I ran 2 installer most of the time at the same time 

Should I reinstall windows 10 again?

this happened just now. my system booted to a black screen on all 3 monitors. i hit the reset button, it rebooted, and worked fine.

i submitted this as feedback to Microsoft, but i'm just posting it here so that others know about it. 

EDIT: i'm on the slow release channel; os build: 17017.1000, Windows 10 home

She/Her

18 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

18 hours ago, tjcater said:

Seems like reseting app data in settings fixes it from not launching but the issue of entering emoji with win+. Isn't working (still present)

oddly uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work 

17 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

Seems like reseting app data in settings fixes it from not launching but the issue of entering emoji with win+. Isn't working (still present)

The emoji key should be holding down the win key and the semicolon key:  Win ;

3 minutes ago, tjcater said:

The emoji key should be holding down the win key and the semicolon key:  Win ;

that didn't work either.

-update- 

just figured it out.

i was using English(Malaysia)-us keyboard. switched to English us(us keyboard) and pressing either win+. or win+; key works.

Just now, Yongtjunkit said:

that didn't work either 

?Not sure what went wrong for yah. Just realized that the win . also works, was using the win ; the whole time.

Just now, tjcater said:

?Not sure what went wrong for yah. Just realized that the win . also works, was using the win ; the whole time.

just figured it out.

i was using English(Malaysia)-us keyboard. switched to English us(us keyboard) and pressing either win+. or win+; key works.

another bug found. my taskbars are set to the left (start button top left), but when i open my start menu it still appears at the bottom, and search is broken. restart fixes it. 

slow release channel, build 17017. 

She/Her

1 hour ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

I'm on the same build, but my taskbar is working just fine.

About the broken search, have you tried to clean your index (indexing options -> advanced -> rebuild)?

i meant that the search starts working again after reboot as well. and it's only happened like 2 times now. 

She/Her

19 minutes ago, joneti said:

experience the new features of Cortana

Good thing we don't have Cortana here in Hungary :P 

20 minutes ago, joneti said:

the design of Fluent Design.

What does that exactly mean?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Build 17025

What's New?

Nothing big.

• Ease of Access got reworked to be easier to use and more descriptive:
    79bcb7f7eadbbdb2b9276f855d64ac07.png

• A hint More Fluent Design
  • Chinese font Yahei improvement for ease of reading
  • Startup task now has "Advanced options" section:
    1b0b2068416d9f031988112ce3528a34.png

Other improvements

• Continuing our effort towards Fluent Design, in this build you’ll notice that not only have we soften our light press effect based on your feedback, we’ve also enabled Reveal by default in CalendarView (seen, for example, in the Clock and Calendar flyout). UWP apps leveraging the Preview SDK for this build or higher will see this change automatically.
  • We fixed the issue where if you RDP into a PC running this build with certain GPU configurations, when you go to sign in to the PC locally it will appear stuck at a black screen with only the cursor available.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the touch feedback appearing visually corrupted in the last flight, with strange artifacts rather than the expected circle.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in UNC paths not being recognized when typed using the touch keyboard with the Japanese layout.
  • To improve the speed in getting you where you want to go, when typing with the Japanese IME into Internet Explorer’s address bar or search box, you will now see the search suggestions dropdown while composing the string, rather than having to wait until the candidate string is committed.
  • We fixed an issue where using an app in mini mode (for example Groove Music) would result in the taskbar appearing on top of a remote desktop session. We also fixed an issue where using Cortana to launch an app while playing a game fullscreen on another monitor could result in the taskbar drawing on top of the game.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to scroll to the very bottom of Start using touch when in tablet mode on small devices.
  • We fixed an issue where mouse input in Start might become offset.
  • We fixed an issue where clean installing Windows while not connected to the internet might result in default Start tiles showing download arrows indefinitely rather than the expected image.
  • We fixed an issue where right-clicking a folder already pinned to Start in File Explorer would still show the option “Pin to Start”.
  • We fixed an issue where attempting to log into Windows using a VM with Enhanced Session Mode might result in being prompted for your password twice.
  • We fixed an issue where toggling some DX9/DX10/DX11 games between windowed and fullscreen (for example using Alt + Tab) could result in the game window become black on certain PCs.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders with x86 PCs experiencing a blue screen with a HAL INITIALIZATION FAILED error when upgrading to the previous flight.
  • We fixed an issue where Insiders with restore points set might have experienced a volsnap.sys Green Screen error on boot.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Edge taking an unexpectedly long time to load the new page after clicking on certain links, appearing hung.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Edge being unexpectedly slow to respond when tabbing through controls with certain third party screen readers active.
  • We fixed an issue where settings under Windows Update’s Delivery Optimization page were unexpectedly disabled in the last flight.
  • We fixed an issue with the Courier New font where the numeral 2 was not displaying clearly on some display configurations.
  • Improved the Yu Gothic Bold font focusing on consistent baseline alignment and clarity of various Kana characters.

Known issues:

• If you are experiencing broken functionality in Mail, Cortana, Narrator or missing some features like Windows Media Player, please see this Feedback Hub post: https://aka.ms/Rsrjqn.
  • Using a swipe gesture with touch to dismiss notifications from the Action Center is currently not working. We’re investigating – for now you’ll need to use the clear all button, or use mouse/keyboard.
  • There’s a noticeable screen flicker when using hotkeys or the touchpad to switch between Virtual Desktops.
  • Invoking the Game bar with Win + G may cause the mouse cursor to become unresponsive while Game bar is up. Keyboard navigation still works and pressing Win + G again will close the Game bar, restoring the mouse cursor to the game.
  • Calendar toast dismiss and snooze icons may be missing from notifications in Action Center.

Read more: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/10/25/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17025-pc/#zTq6CPTIEKZtOlEH.97

when will the Slow ring get these functions? next month or something?

She/Her

1 hour ago, firelighter487 said:

when will the Slow ring get these functions? next month or something?

Usually Slow ring is 1-2 month behind (mostly 1 month I believe) in terms of features.

My Windows Store is broken... won't display any apps. it's empty.. 

Windows 10 Pro Preview

version: 1709

OS build: 17017.1000

She/Her