Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr
Just now, titan384 said:

Hello guys..

Ive been using windows 10 since the technical preview came out in 2014. i have always updated to the new insider builds with each release and everything worked fine.

But when i upgraded to Windows 10 Pro Build 14271.rs1 it says windows isnt activated and is asking for  a product key. i never had a product key and didnt get one while updating.  Can anyone help me getting a solution to that. Re installing or a fresh install of any OS is not at all an option.

happened to me too, i just "insert magic here', and found another way to actiavte

Just now, Arty said:

happened to me too, i just "insert magic here', and found another way to actiavte

How?

Did you use any of the black magic?

2 minutes ago, titan384 said:

How?

Did you use any of the black magic?

nothing legal ;)

Build 14279 Is out, trying to find news article on it. 

http://betanews.com/2016/03/04/windows-10-build-14279/

The logon experience has been updated in this new build -- a single background image now appears on both the logon and Lock screens. Unless you're using Windows Spotlight. That will be handled in a future build.

• Fixes
  • An issue where Microsoft Edge and Cortana were crashing for users with roaming profiles.
  • An issue where Cortana would continue to show reminders that have been completed.
  • An issue where items copied/moved to the desktop would not display until the desktop is manually refreshed by right-clicking on the desktop and choosing "Refresh" or pressing F5.
  • An issue where downloading certain drivers from Windows Update was causing some PCs to bluescreen.
  • ISSUES
  • An issue in which some Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4, and Surface Book devices experience a freeze or hang and all input such as keyboard/trackpad and touch do not work. The workaround is to hold down the power button to force the device to hard-reboot.
  • Some PCs will freeze or bluescreen when resuming from hibernation. Disabling hibernation is a workaround in some cases until this is fixed.
  • If you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Internet Security, or the Kaspersky Total Security Suite installed on your PC there is a known driver bug that prevents these programs from working as expected in builds from the Development Branch. Microsoft is partnering with Kaspersky to fix this issue for a future release, but at this time there are no known workarounds. While this issue is present, Microsoft recommends using Windows Defender or another third party anti-virus product of your choice to remain protected.
  • Turning on the "always show all icons in the notification area" setting disrupts the layout of the notification area ("systray"). Your notification area will look out of alignment.
  • Apps such as QQ crashing due to an OS reliability issue. Microsoft is currently investigating. This bug is also impacting older apps such as Windows Live Mail and Expression Encoder 4.

On 3/2/2016 at 11:54 AM, titan384 said:

Hello guys..

Ive been using windows 10 since the technical preview came out in 2014. i have always updated to the new insider builds with each release and everything worked fine.

But when i upgraded to Windows 10 Pro Build 14271.rs1 it says windows isnt activated and is asking for  a product key. i never had a product key and didnt get one while updating.  Can anyone help me getting a solution to that. Re installing or a fresh install of any OS is not at all an option.

You can use an old Windows 8/7 key to activate it if you have one lying around...

On 2/26/2016 at 11:52 AM, ionbasa said:

Anyone up to testing the 64 bit version and seeing if it can be reproduced on their end?

Abit late, but Chrome has always been working fine for me, Even snip_20160306005720.thumb.png.fac64e12ddbefore the latest update.

10 hours ago, Ex14 said:

You can use an old Windows 8/7 key to activate it if you have one lying around...

Abit late, but Chrome has always been working fine for me, Even snip_20160306005720.thumb.png.fac64e12ddbefore the latest update.

It was an registry key issue on my end. Not sure what happened, but Chrome broke on the upgrade. Now its fixed.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

27 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

It was an registry key issue on my end. Not sure what happened, but Chrome broke on the upgrade. Now its fixed.

haha :o i see. well glad that its fixed now :D

Also, quick question. Do any of you have WPA2-Enterprise networks you connect to? I've had problematic connection issues on my end using PEAP/MSCHAPv2.

Have the radius server and certificate all set, but Windows sometimes won't connect properly.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Are you using TLS1.2? That's the only bug that I've heard of affecting Windows 10 when using Radius, that doesn't calculate the MPPE keys correctly. Pretty old bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1248484

Yes, it's TLS 1.2, but it only affects Windows 10 from my testing. My iPhone with iOS 9 still authenticates fine.

2 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Yup, known problem. Disabling TLS 1.2 on Windows 10 is the only workaround that I know, but the issue was fixed in the Radius side, you only need to apply the patch. (the link to it was on the RedHat link)
The following link refers to disabling TLS 1.2 on Windows 10:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/after-update-to-1511-i-cant-connect-via-wlan-to-my/696f12ed-6e08-4e14-ae30-c7a878ebbd17?auth=1

This isn't an network I directly manage, so I'd have to forward that information to to whoever manages the Radius server -_-.

We often wonder what information from our system Microsoft can collect. In a latest entry of the Insider Hub "Made by you" series. Microsoft unveils how thanks to user feedback, they fixed an audio related issue plaguing some users, more specifically:

• Audio services had a tendency to crash in certain situations
  • Some drivers from older OS’s didn’t play well with Windows 10
  • Some drivers were okay, but their add-on APOs (audio processing objects) weren’t
  • Sometimes changing the playback bitrate and depth broke (or conversely fixed) audio

It points out that Microsoft was able to collect from the users system:

• A DxDiag report from your machine
  • An export of the audio section of your registry showing audio endpoints, drivers, and APOs
  • Details on local audio stack failures

So we can see that Microsoft can access the user (or part of) the registry, DXDiag report, and can access call stack (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_stack) data from the audio system, to be able to identify better the issue, and exact point of failure, and what happened.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Windows 10 build 14291

Running full screen on MPC-BE or WMP and it causes explorer to crash and restart, tested this on a laptop fine on the main display but it crashes on another display through HDMI.

By the way, in the case people didn't see this from the Feedback hub, Microsoft is asking people opinion on a change of the action center icon:

https://sway.com/mNCInMc1lDitdaVK

The survey has only 3 short multiple choice question, takes a sec to do. Basically, do you like it or not, and which one you prefer.

Microsoft is asking which one you like better (or if you prefer the current style)

g7-F_SD4LULvLF.gif.0836ffbdc9818e2bb9b4b61BqzCgwvu6HL9.gif.e5367ed1ee8d0a36d7860

Does anyone else have water marks after updating to the latest build?

On 3/25/2016 at 4:22 PM, GoodBytes said:

By the way, in the case people didn't see this from the Feedback hub, Microsoft is asking people opinion on a change of the action center icon:

https://sway.com/mNCInMc1lDitdaVK

The survey has only 3 short multiple choice question, takes a sec to do. Basically, do you like it or not, and which one you prefer.

Microsoft is asking which one you like better (or if you prefer the current style)

g7-F_SD4LULvLF.gif.0836ffbdc9818e2bb9b4b61BqzCgwvu6HL9.gif.e5367ed1ee8d0a36d7860

I think option 1. Reason is because you can see the logo of the app that has a notification still yet also see the notification logo to know it is from the notification. I think seeing a facebook logo in the bottom corner for a second would get someone confused at first.

I am going to vote for it. I hope they give options though.

11 minutes ago, TheCMan said:

Does anyone else have water marks after updating to the latest build?

Insider Builds have watermarks. The only exception was the last build before official release of Windows 10

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Insider Builds have watermarks. The only exception was the last build before official release of Windows 10

Thanks man. I didn't have it on the last build so I was confused why it just showed up. I figured you had an answer.

@GoodBytesI'm surprised you didn't put anything about build 14295 here, well at least mention it. I don't think there was really anything new features from 14291.

9 minutes ago, TheCMan said:

@GoodBytesI'm surprised you didn't put anything about build 14295 here, well at least mention it. I don't think there was really anything new features from 14291.

Well I assume that everyone is looking at the Insider Hub for all the details.

I tend to mention if there is anything really new or really intresting.

7 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

<snip>

I like to order the Windows 10, with large coke and fries!

Made. My. Day.

xD

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:28 PM, GoodBytes said:

aDoONZN_700b_v1.jpg

I like to order the Windows 10, with large coke and fries!

lmao :D. You're killing me here. What fast food chain was that?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 3/31/2016 at 9:43 PM, AluminiumTech said:

lmao :D. You're killing me here. What fast food chain was that?

It's called Nathans apparently. If you look at the menu in the top left.

New Build of Windows 10 Fast Ring:

-> Dark Theme

-> Bash

-> New Skype

-> Cortana Cross device notification (will alert you if your phone is low battery, find your phone, and so on)

-> More Edge extension (AdBlock Plus not there yet)

-> "Show color on the title bar"

-> New Connect App (Have Continuum on your desktop, from your phone, or miracast it)

-> Improvement in Virtual Desktop

-> Write comments on feedback

And lots of delicious stuff...

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/04/06/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14316/

Will write a Tech News post when I get back home as it is large update.