Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr
2 hours ago, Arty said:

IS this normal?

On newest build.

wRyz3DJ.png

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I have that as well, so I guess so.

Just noticed, but I don't have that little arrow pointing to the left for the icons. Rather, mine has the up arrow with the normal panel that hides most program icons.  

Do you guys have tablet/touch mode enabled?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

9 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

Just noticed, but I don't have that little arrow pointing to the left for the icons. Rather, mine has the up arrow with the normal panel that hides most program icons.  

Do you guys have tablet/touch mode enabled?

nope

3 hours ago, Arty said:

IS this normal?

On newest build.

wRyz3DJ.png

Check your settings to see if you have "show all notifications" switched on or off.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Check your settings to see if you have "show all notifications" switched on or off.

i have it on

1 minute ago, Arty said:

i have it on

Interesting.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

47 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Interesting.

it goes away with 2 items but with 3 or more it stays

New Build Today!

PC: 14271 

Mobile: 14267.1004

Here’s what’s fixed for PC

• We fixed an issue where the window borders on apps would change from accent color to black after every upgrade to a new build.
  • We have updated the music control icons that are shown in taskbar previews in music apps like Groove to look more crisp and clean at higher resolutions.
  • We fixed an issue where the taskbar would sometimes not auto-hide and show unexpectedly on top of full screen windows such as showing above a PowerPoint presentation when in slideshow mode.
  • We fixed an issue where the “Hide notifications while presenting” setting preference is lost after upgrading to a new build.
  • The entire app header in Action Center is now right-clickable instead of just the app name or “x”.
  • We made it easier to dismiss all notifications from a specific app in Action Center by increasing the target area to encompass the entire app header.
  • We fixed an issue where interaction notifications would not show a button to input text in some cases.
  • Fast user switching should work now with Picture Password.
  • We fixed an issue where some desktop (Win32) apps look missing from Start.
  • We fixed an issue where the accent color does not automatically change when the slideshow option is chosen for your desktop background.

Also – for developers, the debugging tools for Windows (Windbg, kd, cdb, ntsd) now have improved support for universal app debugging. This update also requires the Universal C Runtime Library (uCRT), which is available via Windows Update. KB and MSDN documentation will be available within a few weeks. For more information, see this Building Apps for Windows blog post.

Known issues for PC

• We are tracking an issue reported by Insiders where some PCs will freeze or bluescreen when resuming from hibernation. Disabling hibernation is a workaround in some cases until this is fixed.
  • If you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Internet Security, or the Kaspersky Total Security Suite installed on your PC there is a known driver bug that prevents these programs from working as expected in builds from the Development Branch. We are partnering with Kaspersky to fix this issue for a future release, but at this time there are no known workarounds. While this issue is present, we recommend using Windows Defender or another third party anti-virus product of your choice to remain protected.
  • Turning on the “always show all icons in the notification area” setting disrupts the layout of the notification area (“systray”).
  • When browsing in Microsoft Edge, charts displayed using D3.js library will not display correctly – e.g. render as black, positioned incorrectly. Known affected sites are Cortana, Bing.com, and PowerBI.com.
  • We are seeing reports of crashes with apps such as QQ crashing due to an OS reliability issue we are currently investigating. This bug is also impacting older apps such as Windows Live Mail and Expression Encoder 4.

Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267.1004

Build 14267.1004 is the same build we released on Friday but with two very important fixes and one new feature:

• We fixed the issue reported by Insiders in Build 14267 where the Lumia 550 no longer charges or connects via USB. If you hit this issue on your Lumia 550 – we have laid out guidance on various methods to get back into a good state here.
  • We fixed the issue preventing Visual Voicemail notifications from happening.
  • We’re introducing Visual Voicemail for dual-SIM devices such as dual-SIM Lumia 950 XL! Work for this feature was in Friday’s release but due to the above mentioned bug impacting notifications it was not working correctly. But now the experience should be working as expected.
  • We’ve released an update to the People app that brings back the history feature. For a given contact you communicate with, you can view the interaction, whether by today, yesterday, last week etc. Right now, your Skype messages won’t show up in history yet but we’re working on enabling this in a future update. Also – we’re tracking a bug in which opening an email item in history might not take you to that specific email.

We also have some additional known issues we’d like to note:

• If you have the Windows Feedback app pinned to Start, after upgrading from Build 10586.107 it will no longer show as pinned.
  • We are seeing reports from Windows Insiders of issues connecting to wireless displays. We’re investigating.
  • When using Continuum on the Lumia 950 XL – the trackpad experience is not working correctly.

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/02/24/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14271-mobile-build-14267-1004/

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

7 hours ago, Arty said:

-snip-

You mean the status bar? yea I get them on ocassion. a reboot or soemtimes it goes away itself.

is the change from blue to purple for those loading screens during boot and shutdown permanent?

i liked the blue one better :(

anyway to change it back?

Just now, GoodBytes said:

What loading screen?

The loading and shutdown screens

Windows 10

rollback-desktop-9.png

Windows 10 Insider

fzvfe.png

Just now, Ex14 said:

i think thats linked tyo your theme colour no?

Nope, its windows thing, ithink cause my theme is still blue 

io know mine is linked to my colour scheme....so... sorry there bud can;t helpo you there

Also the insider screenie you showed is a loading screen on first install... i think that changes colour no matter what

2 minutes ago, Ex14 said:

i think thats linked tyo your theme colour no?

and like the control alt del screen is still blue only when shutting down or booting up is it purple, 

Just now, Ex14 said:

io know mine is linked to my colour scheme....so... sorry there bud can;t helpo you there

Also the insider screenie you showed is a loading screen on first install... i think that changes colour no matter what

that was just an example to show you the color i was seeing check my above post below yours.

It is blue on my side.

I don't know your colors, but it could be a feature they are testing where it uses the color you set (mine is also set to blue).

It can also be a A/B test that they are doing.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

It is blue on my side.

I don't know your colors, but it could be a feature they are testing where it uses the color you set (mine is also set to blue).

It can also be a A/B test that they are doing.

well a new build came out today, after i update to that probbly today or tmrw will see.     This build came out yesterday not today, already on it, maybe thats why, after you guys upgrade to the newest one  idk

50 minutes ago, Arty said:

that was just an example to show you the color i was seeing check my above post below yours.

yea cant really help there sorry, maybe someone with that issue can help?

PC is a strange thing anyway, so you might have to live with that or try resetting your settings (change color then back to blue) to see if it helps?

Edit : ioooo i just got it will update back when i complete the upgrade lol

Is Chrome 49 broken for you guys on the latest Fast build? It seems it wont load pages at all, even the default new tab page when first opened.

Using Edge and FF for now, its an bit annoying to be honest.

Also, I've noticed that the upgrading builds no longer breaks some of the server components of Autodesk. In specific Inventors context menus.

34 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

Is Chrome 49 broken for you guys on the latest Fast build? It seems it wont load pages at all, even the default new tab page when first opened.

Using Edge and FF for now, its an bit annoying to be honest.

Also, I've noticed that the upgrading builds no longer breaks some of the server components of Autodesk. In specific Inventors context menus.

Chrome 50 Works just fine.

On 24-2-2016 at 0:11 AM, Arty said:

did you tinker around with your os?

i have 4 pcs running 10 and minimal problems

No but I'm going to do a clean install (this install is 2 days old...) it just froze on met completely (the cursor wouldn't even move)

9 hours ago, Arty said:

Chrome 50 Works just fine.

Not on my end:

LI8liv1.png

49 (Beta Chanel) and 50 (Dev?/Canary) don't seem to work at all. Maybe Microsoft is doing more A/B tests with memory management that breaks some applications? SFC and DISM report that my machine has an healthy windows install.

Interesting. Kind of sucks for me because I had my Google account manage all of my logins and passwords for me.

EDIT:

So, apparently the x86_64 versions of chrome are broken.
Normal 32 bit works just fine. Odd. Anyone up to testing the 64 bit version and seeing if it can be reproduced on their end?

Hello guys..

Ive been using windows 10 since the technical preview came out in 2014. i have always updated to the new insider builds with each release and everything worked fine.

But when i upgraded to Windows 10 Pro Build 14271.rs1 it says windows isnt activated and is asking for  a product key. i never had a product key and didnt get one while updating.  Can anyone help me getting a solution to that. Re installing or a fresh install of any OS is not at all an option.