Who else thinks Linus should do a basic overclocking how-to video?

I feel like alot of beginners are attracted to Linus' channel. Alot of people hear about Overclocking, but not everyone who hears about it knows exactly where to start when attempting to Overclocking their pc properly. I myself am having trouble getting to the clockspeed I desire on my 3570k. It would awesome to have a video that can break down the process in a linus-savvy fashion.

That wouldn't be a bad idea, assuming there isn't one already (I haven't checked, just saying). There are some on YouTube but most of them are not great and the info isn't always consistent. So yea, a good idea.

OnePlus 6T

Well, first of all like Shikarikato said, there is a video from linus (or more then one, don't remember).

BUT overclocking really really depends on what CPU you got, how good your cpu sample is (also stepping and position on the waffer is important), what clock you wan't to achieve and how good your cooling is.

I would highly suggest, that you start a thread with all the stats you can get your hands on, and there will be people to help you.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

What clock speed are you going for? What cooler do you have? What settings have you tried so far?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What clock speed are you going for? What cooler do you have? What settings have you tried so far?

See my post history.

Probably better if he did a dedicated thread don't you think?

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Probably better if he did a dedicated thread don't you think?

I already did, I was trying to sprout interest for Linus to make an Overclock How-to video.

[/flamesuit]

Should have known to stay out of the General topic sub-forum.

Like its said, Linus has done videos on this before, but it could be a nice subject for a TchQuickie video

I already did, I was trying to sprout interest for Linus to make an Overclock How-to video.

[/flamesuit]

Should have known to stay out of the General topic sub-forum.

Okay, maybe give us a link.

Just suggested, it would be better to seperate both topics a little bit.

that's probably the best one at the moment. Same for 1150 CPUs and other mobos.

Thanks for the link.

that's probably the best one at the moment. Same for 1150 CPUs and other mobos.

He should be making one for 1150 soon :). Maybe Linus should too, I mean why not?

He should be making one for 1150 soon :). Maybe Linus should too, I mean why not?

It's precisely the same ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

It's precisely the same ^^

Yeah I know, but he still said he's going to do it.

this would be a pretty interesting techquicky, if linus hasn't made a basic what overclocking is, how it works, what should be increased first and why extra cooling is important for overclocking. just basic overclocking information in a tech quicky fasion. of course a full overclocking guide would be welcomed as well.

Your wishes have bee answered :D