This is how I feel when peasants say they prefer a controller to a KB/M for shooters.

pizzadave2

For me its always KBM - but tbh I know a buddy that uses a controller for PC shooters and you'd never know if you didn't see him doing it

it's whatever works for you...

I'm down with PCMR and spreading truth about stuff like 60fps>30FPS is good, but let people use the input device they like! I have an xbox360 controller pretty much always attached to my computer because its good for some games :)

The same could be said about a lot of stuff (phones, GPU vendors, etc.)

But anyways, I agree with this. I use a PS4 controller wirelessly (since my mobo has built in BT)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Indeed! :P

Yes sir, not in the sense of PTSD, trigger finger, or jarhead-ism... :P. Doctors don't know exactly why, or where they're coming from, but microscopic electron pulses or surges can be found running from about the inside of my elbow through all of my fingertips, and thumb. Is why on particularly bad days, my whole hand will spaz out, I should make note that bad days come once in a blue moon, or less.. :P I was medically/honorably discharged because of it, however it was about the time that my four years was up anyway, I had planned to discharge.

Stress makes it worse, but then again, stress make everything worse... :P

Oh, so if I see someone running around in BF4 firing apparently by accident I will know who it is lol. Sorry to hear your having troubles though. Where you wounded or is it just some inexplicable thing?

The same could be said about a lot of stuff (phones, GPU vendors, etc.)

But anyways, I agree with this. I use a PS4 controller wirelessly (since my mobo has built in BT)

I have never understood why or how anyone can like playstation's controllers, they hurt my hands, and the joysticks are in the wrong place. Then again I have rather large hands and actually liked the 360 and original xbox controllers.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I don't know how those people even manage to play games (except for platformers and emulators) with a controller for me its extremely impossible hell i even played DMC 2013 and street fighter4 with KB+M and it was so comfortable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Oh, so if I see someone running around in BF4 firing apparently by accident I will know who it is lol. Sorry to hear your having troubles though. Where you wounded or is it just some inexplicable thing?

I have never understood why or how anyone can like playstation's controllers, they hurt my hands, and the joysticks are in the wrong place. Then again I have rather large hands and actually liked the 360 and original xbox controllers.

Yeah, I myself prefer the Xbox controller as well. I have an Xbone controller too, but I use the PS4 controller for sheer convenience (that and I am waiting for MS to make a wireless kit for the One controller)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Keyboard and mouse for shooters, strat games, MMOs ect. Controllers for racing, platformers, emulated games, fighters and side scrolling beat 'em ups.

I can't be the only one who does this/doesn't care what someone uses to play games, am I?

Yeah, I myself prefer the Xbox controller as well. I have an Xbone controller too, but I use the PS4 controller for sheer convenience (that and I am waiting for MS to make a wireless kit for the One controller)

I think they already made a wireless kit, didn't they? And I've been told that the PS4 is a pain to get working on PC. Not sure if that's accurate

That... would be about one in a million chance of being me... :P it's very possible it might be me... but there's some... interesting... people playing that game... :P

You're more likely to find me in BF3 though. ;)

like I said earlier, though, relative to what some guys come home with, or those that don't come home at all, i've got it pretty easy. the only thing it really impacts on a daily basis is my gaming ability, and perhaps taking a shower, if you really want to stretch it that far.. :P

My plate carrier took a 7.62 (presuming by penetration, a 7.62x54) in such a way that it stopped it, but not before it had penetrated the skin and superficial layers of muscle/tissue. knocked me down, where another round basically went up through my armpit at an angle, underneath the shoulder blade, and out the back. One of those two impacts is what caused the issue

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

For me its always KBM - but tbh I know a buddy that uses a controller for PC shooters and you'd never know if you didn't see him doing it

it's whatever works for you...

I'm down with PCMR and spreading truth about stuff like 60fps>30FPS is good, but let people use the input device they like! I have an xbox360 controller pretty much always attached to my computer because its good for some games :)

KBM for me too 100%

Also- Was I on your squad in BF4 yesterday? I was the guy laying down the hurt with the SRAW.

That... would be about one in a million chance of being me... :P it's very possible it might be me... but there's some... interesting... people playing that game... :P

You're more likely to find me in BF3 though. ;)

like I said earlier, though, relative to what some guys come home with, or those that don't come home at all, i've got it pretty easy. the only thing it really impacts on a daily basis is my gaming ability, and perhaps taking a shower, if you really want to stretch it that far.. :P

My plate carrier took a 7.62 (presuming by penetration, a 7.62x54) in such a way that it stopped it, but not before it had penetrated the skin and superficial layers of muscle/tissue. knocked me down, where another round basically went up through my armpit at an angle, underneath the shoulder blade, and out the back. One of those two impacts is what caused the issue

That had to hurt, Did you find out if it was an old Mosin or a machine gun? I'm surprised they didn't discharge you for getting wounded that badly. I know that's a particularly powerful round. At least it is coming out of the mosin sitting in the other end ot the room.

KBM for me too 100%

Also- Was I on your squad in BF4 yesterday? I was the guy laying down the hurt with the SRAW.

Damnit, all this battlefield talk is making me want my GPU back all the more so I can get in some trigger time. erm....mouse button time.... >.>

<.<

That had to hurt, Did you find out if it was an old Mosin or a machine gun? I'm surprised they didn't discharge you for getting wounded that badly.

My best guess would be that it was neither, but more likely an SVD. The engagement we were in at the time was a small handful of AK's, and a cold war era RPG taking potshots at the 4'th Light Armored Recon we were patrolling with, they had more modern technology.

I won't say that it didn't hurt, but at the time, I just picked myself up and finished the job. I still had full function of my arm, and blood loss wasn't at a critical point. Corpsman patched me up, sent me back to the field hospital, They... "strongly suggested"... I head home, but i would never have forgiven myself if I had (inb4, i'm not making up some hero or sappy story - I had seen guys in much worse condition than I stay, we have a sense of... honor, if you will, of our job). They gave me "light duty" for the few remaining months we had left (I think it was three or four). It was the end of my patrols, needless to say... :P

Every single one of my guys came home though, and for that, I am proud, and will brag about, whenever I get the chance... :P

this is all off-topic though... :P

the centralized point of what I posted was to say that, just because someone uses a controller does not mean that they are inferior, like the consoles from which they spawned.

I know there's guys out there that can outplay a M&K player with a pad, and then there's those that are new to PC gaming, and guys like me, who benefit from it for any multitude of other reasons.

They're on the Master Race, what does it matter how they go about playing the game?

as someone said earlier, Racing games without a wheel or control pad is an absolute nightmare. Some platformers have the same issue, too.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

My best guess would be that it was neither, but more likely an SVD. The engagement we were in at the time was a small handful of AK's, and a cold war era RPG taking potshots at the 4'th Light Armored Recon we were patrolling with, they had more modern technology.

I won't say that it didn't hurt, but at the time, I just picked myself up and finished the job. I still had full function of my arm, and blood loss wasn't at a critical point. Corpsman patched me up, sent me back to the field hospital, They... "strongly suggested"... I head home, but i would never have forgiven myself if I had (inb4, i'm not making up some hero or sappy story - I had seen guys in much worse condition than I stay, we have a sense of... honor, if you will, of our job). They gave me "light duty" for the few remaining months we had left (I think it was three or four). It was the end of my patrols, needless to say... :P

Every single one of my guys came home though, and for that, I am proud, and will brag about, whenever I get the chance... :P

this is all off-topic though... :P

the centralized point of what I posted was to say that, just because someone uses a controller does not mean that they are inferior, like the consoles from which they spawned.

I know there's guys out there that can outplay a M&K player with a pad, and then there's those that are new to PC gaming, and guys like me, who benefit from it for any multitude of other reasons.

They're on the Master Race, what does it matter how they go about playing the game?

as someone said earlier, Racing games without a wheel or control pad is an absolute nightmare. Some platformers have the same issue, too.

Oh god, I love racing games but hate playing them on KBM or a pad. Wish I had the money for a wheel and pedals and what not.

I genuinely do not understand how FPSes can be played with a controller. It's impossible. I cannot do it. It is just not the right tool for the job. It would be like trying to drive with the tip of my nose going 200 km/h on a really curvy road.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

kden.exe /user:pizzadave2 /forum:linustechtips.com

What?

[CPU] Intel i5 4690k @ stock w/ Corsair H100i [Motherboard] Asus Z97-AR [RAM] 16GB Corsair Vengeance [GPU] Asus Strix GTX 970 OC 4GB [Case] Corsair Obsidian Series 750D [Storage] 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Western Digital Cavier Green HDD [PSU] Corsair CX Series 750M [Display] Dell U2412M [Keyboard] Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Red) [Mouse] Zowie FK1 w/ Corsair MM600 Mouse Mat [Sound] Asus Xonar Essence STX, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, Sennheiser HD558 w/ ModMic [OS] Windows 8.1 64-bit

KBM for me too 100%

nope :P

why he don't uses the magic laser mouse ? why he does that to himself ? 

he keeps telling me that once you get used to it, it is way more precise. i don't believe in it

wow, thats a lot of bees!