How much does Linus earns?

Recon97

7 credits of the imperial realm

To WAR!!!

We shall defeat the empire and all that they stand for!

FREEDOM TO ALL!!!

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Could you at least try to type proper English?

This is none of your and our business, so ... yh.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

MORE THAN YOU M8.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Legend tells of the legendary Linus that once yielded the legendary sword of Legendsdale that cast down the legendary evils of Adblock and obtained the legendary sum of $1337 per day, err day.

Then correct me with the answer I seek.

Dude you wont get an answer to your question... Nobody knowbthe answer but him, and as a private company, he is not obligate to give any number to anybody, even if you think he "owe" you an answer.

He has made it clear in the past tgat contribution do help LMG to employ new staff, maintain the forum and give more quality content.

More donation =/= more money in his personal pocket, I assure you.

tl:dr... None of your business haha

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

It is not also highly inappropriate to ask such things, you will also not get an answer.

Where I come from and having had proper education I know it's not very nice to ask such things.

But even 600$/day isn't near enough to be able to keep his business running. It's not just him - it's a company behind all this and even if the company makes a decent amount of money, this does not mean that Linus is getting rich anytime soon.

600$/day would be 18,000$/month, if the month has exactly 30 days. 5 employees with each about 3,000$/month including taxes and insurance (which isn't all that much - will most likely be more) will sum up to 15,000$/month. This does not even pay the house of the company, the electricity (oh god the electricity bill they got with that tech and the servers) and water bills, plus a lot of other costs, plus he has to pay himself some money and buy extremely expensive equipment to be able to shoot in the quality he is, plus the odd stuff he has to pay for himself because he's not getting samples.

TL;DR: Expect it to be a high number / month, whilst he has to pay for a lot and will most likely end up with a medium paycheck for himself.

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

It is not also highly inappropriate to ask such things, you will also not get an answer.

Where I come from and having had proper education I know it's not very nice to ask such things.

But even 600$/day isn't near enough to be able to keep his business running. It's not just him - it's a company behind all this and even if the company makes a decent amount of money, this does not mean that Linus is getting rich anytime soon.

600$/day would be 18,000$/month, if the month has exactly 30 days. 5 employees with each about 3,000$/month including taxes and insurance (which isn't all that much - will most likely be more) will sum up to 15,000$/month. This does not even pay the house of the company, the electricity (oh god the electricity bill they got with that tech and the servers) and water bills, plus a lot of other costs, plus he has to pay himself some money and buy extremely expensive equipment to be able to shoot in the quality he is, plus the odd stuff he has to pay for himself because he's not getting samples.

TL;DR: Expect it to be a high number / month, whilst he has to pay for a lot and will most likely end up with a medium paycheck for himself.

This 1000x

Anyway I know he claims he'd only get enough to pay each of his employees ~ 20K per year if it was based on google ad revenue alone, which I believe is below legal minimum in canada, not to mention benefits. Most of the revenue seems to come from sponsors. I would think they make in the 60-90k area each, but I have no idea. I would imagine Linus himself may not make as much as his employees, but who knows. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

No one buts Linus no for sure. My estimate between YT, the forum, amazon kick backs, and sponsorships he makes $310,000+ CAD. 7 people work at LMG so $35,000 per person for a manageable living condition, and then $65,000 to pay for the house/new equipment, trips, etc.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

I wouldn't say much, people think that Google Ads provide more than enough but not really. Being a video editor myself i can tell you the cost of equipment is quite high, let alone hire people and support a young growing family (not sure if its growing but you know what i mean). He may look rich because of all the tech he gets and all the time he seems to have but i have this feeling that he doesn't get much time for family as he would like.

Because owning your own business is quite different to a 9-5 job, 9-5 you get a wage, gets taxed and you can go home to your family with your pay not worrying about much but when you own your own business you have to worry about outgoings such as website hosting (since they have their own servicer) unitiies, house loans, wages, tax, petrol etca. 

If i was in a better financal situation i would be one of the sponsors because i know his team works hard and i want to support that. Thats why i use the forums on chrome so they can get ad rev. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Guesstimate here-

He said Google ad revenue is enough to pay each of his employees ~20k a year.

Which would equate to 120000$ a year.

That would be 273$ a video on ad revenue.

Now he probably gets ~100$ a video on sponsors.

So you would get 373$ a video

When sponsors get results, they probably pay 100$ a 1000 people who view and Join.

So 473$ a video

People probably buy like 4-5 t-shirt a day

$80 more.

So roughly 560$ a Video.

He probably makes 140$ a year himself after Wages. Enough to pay for 2 houses and a car and 2 kids and his love of tech.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

He has a second Lambo, so I am guessing $5 a year. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

All I wanted to know how much he spends on making videos and some of you guys have just gone mad. Jeez.....

All I wanted to know how much he spends on making videos and some of you guys have just gone mad. Jeez.....

On making? 

There is a video on YT that takes you through the place where they record. 

And no wonder some of us went mad, you asked how much he earns and now how much he spends on making videos? your asking two different questions here... 

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

How much he earns from his channel and this website?

This is not an ethical question. It would be in your best interest if you refrained from asking this question to anyone in the future.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

This is not an ethical question. It would be in your best interest if you refrained from asking this question to anyone in the future.

wow just amazing. How weird people exist...... Just dayam. Better quit this topic

He make sore money than Zuckerberg but less than a hobo.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

PewDiePie makes ~ 4million a year. Divide that by 28, because Linus has less subscribers, yields roughtly 130k. Nowhere near enough to feed a company. Maybe enough to pay his employees but that's it. :D

His equipment and videos are mostly what needs to be sponsored i'd guess. Like the build guides etc. are really expensive.

Like he once said, if he was a one man youtube channel, he'd be living pretty decently. Damn you PewDiePie! :D

who cares...