Moto G and Boost Mobile? I needs the help plox!

Pervy

What's happenin forum? I bought this phone here and I'm recieving it by the end of Monday. I got the Moto G because I just needed a cheap phone that would allow me to call, text, and use basic apps like steam, skype, music, web browsers and MAYBE light gaming on it. I don't need or care for a flagship phone. This if my first time buying a phone for myself in a long time and I need some info.

-Is Boost Mobile any good? 

-This is a 3G phone I believe, would I be able to at least watch videos n what not at a tolerable speed?

-After I get this phone, is there a way I can switch to T-Mobile or any other provider?

-Any helpful tips you could give me based on your knowledge/experience with the Moto G? I think this one is the 1st generation one.

Thanks forum.

Edit: Did some googleing and looks like my only options are Boost Mobile and Verizon PagePlus? Idk how I would even unlock the phone to use verizon though.

If you bought the unlocked version, it won't be compatible with Verizon or sprint or any other carriers using those two's network as they use CMDA not GSM.

Next time, follow your own topic to get notifications when one responds to your thread. ;)

Next time, follow your own topic to get notifications when one responds to your thread. ;)

Ohhh thanks. Also I linked the one I bought. Idk whether it's unlocked or what.

What's happenin forum? I bought this phone here and I'm recieving it by the end of Monday. I got the Moto G because I just needed a cheap phone that would allow me to call, text, and use basic apps like steam, skype, music, web browsers and MAYBE light gaming on it. I don't need or care for a flagship phone. This if my first time buying a phone for myself in a long time and I need some info.

-Is Boost Mobile any good? 

-This is a 3G phone I believe, would I be able to at least watch videos n what not at a tolerable speed?

-After I get this phone, is there a way I can switch to T-Mobile or any other provider?

-Any helpful tips you could give me based on your knowledge/experience with the Moto G? I think this one is the 1st generation one.

Thanks forum.

Edit: Did some googleing and looks like my only options are Boost Mobile and Verizon PagePlus? Idk how I would even unlock the phone to use verizon though.

For your first two questions, it depends on your area. Where I live Boost(Sprint) is terrible, but I have some family on the east coast that say its pretty good. This phone is CDMA only, so you can't bring it to T-Mobile(not sure about Verizon/PagePlus).

My daily driver is the Moto G(16Gb GSM US unlocked) and its an amazing phone for the price. I'd recommend either the 16Gb model or the 8Gb w/LTE model because the standard 8Gb one fills up fast(unless if you don't need the storage, but I filled up my 8Gb model really quickly). I am using Nova Launcher Prime since the defaul launcher while good, doesn't offer much customization. I use Power Toggles since they are easier to get to and have the flashlight option. Overall its a smooth device and pretty capabe considering the price, the only limiting factor is the 1Gb ram(and camera if you care about that). When running multiple apps or tabs with the browser(Chrome/Mozilla/Dolphin all do this) the apps/tabs will reload when you get back to them.

Hoefully this helps some, if not feel free to ask more questions :).

Edit: Of course the 16gb/8GbLTE model are GSM only and won't work on Boost/Vzw/PP, so it would help a little if you knew exactly what carrier you want to be on. If you want to use Boost, you can click this link to see the coverage: http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?

For your first two questions, it depends on your area. Where I live Boost(Sprint) is terrible, but I have some family on the east coast that say its pretty good. This phone is CDMA only, so you can't bring it to T-Mobile(not sure about Verizon/PagePlus).

My daily driver is the Moto G(16Gb GSM US unlocked) and its an amazing phone for the price. I'd recommend either the 16Gb model or the 8Gb w/LTE model because the standard 8Gb one fills up fast(unless if you don't need the storage, but I filled up my 8Gb model really quickly). I am using Nova Launcher Prime since the defaul launcher while good, doesn't offer much customization. I use Power Toggles since they are easier to get to and have the flashlight option. Overall its a smooth device and pretty capabe considering the price, the only limiting factor is the 1Gb ram(and camera if you care about that). When running multiple apps or tabs with the browser(Chrome/Mozilla/Dolphin all do this) the apps/tabs will reload when you get back to them.

Hoefully this helps some, if not feel free to ask more questions :).

Edit: Of course the 16gb/8GbLTE model are GSM only and won't work on Boost/Vzw/PP, so it would help a little if you knew exactly what carrier you want to be on. If you want to use Boost, you can click this link to see the coverage: http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?

Thanks Demetria =/ I had already bought the phone so switching isn't an option at this ponit. UPS just dropped it off a minute ago. I guess I'll just have to activate the phone with boost mobile and see how it goes. Not sure if the one I got is the US unlocked one or whatever but here goes I guess :x

Thanks Demetria =/ I had already bought the phone so switching isn't an option at this ponit. UPS just dropped it off a minute ago. I guess I'll just have to activate the phone with boost mobile and see how it goes. Not sure if the one I got is the US unlocked one or whatever but here goes I guess :x

No problem :). I'd double check the coverage before you activate it, but if its fine go ahead and activate it. If you don't mind the 8Gb of storage it will be a great device. If you need any help you can ask me or just make a post and we can get you figured out :).

Have fun with your Moto G

-D

No problem :). I'd double check the coverage before you activate it, but if its fine go ahead and activate it. If you don't mind the 8Gb of storage it will be a great device. If you need any help you can ask me or just make a post and we can get you figured out :).

Have fun with your Moto G

-D

Ya I live in florida and it seems its all good. And thanks I'll be sure to ask you if I need help :D

Usually these phones are locked to carrier, you can try paying them to unlock it for you. This is one reason why they cost so cheap. I personally am planning on buying the second generation Moto G that comes fully unlocked. Just pop in a SIM and away I go  :P

• 2 weeks later...

Usually these phones are locked to carrier, you can try paying them to unlock it for you. This is one reason why they cost so cheap. I personally am planning on buying the second generation Moto G that comes fully unlocked. Just pop in a SIM and away I go  :P

I wish I could afford one =/

I wish I could afford one =/

$99.99 is more than half the cost of the 2nd generation Moto G. Just save a bit more and its worth it to have a fully unlocked phone plus the improvements the second generation offers (bigger screen, 8 mp camera, front facing dual speakers, etc).

$99.99 is more than half the cost of the 2nd generation Moto G. Just save a bit more and its worth it to have a fully unlocked phone plus the improvements the second generation offers (bigger screen, 8 mp camera, front facing dual speakers, etc).

Waaaay too late :x

Labelling a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements.

Your title is against the terms of service that you agreed to.

Labelling a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements.

Your title is against the terms of service that you agreed to.

The fk are you talkin about?

The fk are you talkin about?

Your title is against the terms of service. Plox is a fad statement.

Your title is against the terms of service. Plot is a fad statement.

I wouldn't make such a big deal out of it, this thread isn't trolling as the guideline describes and this thread was on its way to being dead anyways.

Edit: and if it really bothers you, you can always press the report button.