The $30 unlimited everything (kind of) wireless plan that you should have

TopWargamer

You've probably seen me tell people to buy this wireless plan before, but there was one down side to it: It only gave you 100 minutes for calling. That all changes today with the introduction of Hangouts letting you call any USA or Canada number for free, with international calls being very cheap.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are the details of the plan

-5GB of 4G/LTE data, then unlimited 2G speeds after that (still usable for basic web browsing, email checking, social media, and whatnot)

-Unlimited national (USA) texting (I believe you get unlimited international texting as well?) 

-100 minutes for calling (we're fixing this...keep reading) 

-All for $30 plus tax (comes to just under $33 per month) 

-Runs on T-Mobile's network

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's an amazing plan for only $30 a month, but the only downside are the amount of minutes you get. Well guess what, with the new Google Hangouts update you can make free calls (using data/WiFi) to any Hangouts user AND ANY USA or Canada phone. Pretty cool, eh? The downside? Your phone number comes up as 'Unavailable' (if somebody finds a work around, please tell me) and this does not work with incoming calls (if somebody finds a work around, please tell me). 

So here's how you should use this plan when it comes to minutes. Use up your regular minutes for the month. Once you do that, tell your friends to use Google Hangouts to call you. That way you're not charged for going over your minutes (although that wouldn't happen anyways unless your card was on file) and you can have the luxury of talking to people once your minutes run out. If you or any of your friends use a Windows Phone, sorry, but Hangouts isn't for that platform.

:/

EDIT: Or just get a Google Voice Number and use that. 

Either way, if you want to save some money and get the cheapest/best wireless plan in the USA, then bam, there you go. 

Very important links and information

You can buy the SIM kit for this plan from either WalMart or Amazon. It is a prepaid plan, so you will have to bring your own device. The initial SIM kit does costs $35 (plus tax and shipping), but comes with both your micro-SIM card and a full month of service. 

WalMart link - http://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-Micro-SIM-Activation-Kit/24099996

Amazon link - http://www.amazon.com/T-Mobile-Micro-Starter-Initial-Activation/dp/B00DFSORCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410406498&sr=8-1&keywords=t-mobile+sim+kit

You can only use Hangouts calling in v2.6, which is being rolled out in update. If you're impatient, you can download the APK and install it manually. You will also need to install the Hangouts Dialer application from the Play Store.

Download links (scroll down) - http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/09/10/dedicated-hangouts-dialer-app-hits-play-store-phone-calling-functionality-google-voice-integration-requires-hangouts-v2-3/

Hangouts Dialer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.hangoutsdialer

EDIT: And yes, I use this plan myself. Been using for quite some time now, and I must say, I am extremely satisfied with T-Mobile's network. I am in one of their LTE cities though, so do keep that in mind. Is their network perfect? No, but they are actively fixing that. This is not the same TMo from a few years ago. 

COMIC SANS

nope, they dont provide to more than a few citys

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

5GB and 2g speeds after that? Hmm...tempting.

I mean lol I'm on a 2gb plan.

Is 2g fast enough to stream music over pandora and whatnot? Cause if so I'm totally on it. But I fear if memory serves me right it may not be.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Many of the major cities have it. Perfectly fine here in Calgary

yeah but almost no where in the east or Saskatchewan

My Rig  

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

... sometimes i wish I lived in america.

wind is good for 30$ a month but sucks for the underground. :( 

they have it in toronto. they should really expand, or atleast ask for some bell/telus towers. along the highways because it's useless if you're driving and you need help.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Ontario, Alberta, and BC are the only ones with it AFAIK

"Rawr XD"

5GB and 2g speeds after that? Hmm...tempting.

I mean lol I'm on a 2gb plan.

Is 2g fast enough to stream music over pandora and whatnot? Cause if so I'm totally on it. But I fear if memory serves me right it may not be.

I've never tried streaming music over 2G speeds before, because I've never gone over 5GB. I'm sure it'll be fine though, because those streaming apps/websites use the not-so-FLAC versions of the songs, which range from 1MB to 3MB, more or less. Should be fine, but if I get around to it, I'll post my results. 

COMIC SANS

... sometimes i wish I lived in america.

wind is good for 30$ a month but sucks for the underground. :( 

In the past few years it's gotten way better. In my house and in my school, it gets better reception then Rogers

"Rawr XD"

Ontario, Alberta, and BC are the only ones with it AFAIK

and they have said that there are planbs for more places for 2 years and nothing has happend, so im going to get a sasktel plan

My Rig  

and they have said that there are planbs for more places for 2 years and nothing has happend, so im going to get a sasktel plan

Yeah but they couldn't get the towers up due to political reasons, etc

However where their network is available they've improved massively over the past two years. Before in my basement I couldn't even get signal, now I get better signal then my dad on Bell

"Rawr XD"

Yeah but they couldn't get the towers up due to political reasons, etc

However where their network is available they've improved massively over the past two years. Before in my basement I couldn't even get signal, now I get better signal then my dad on Bell

Thats the same problem with the vancouver underground. Telus build their (Telus has a good monopoly over the downtown core) in the skytrain canada line and bell and rogers brought (or got piggybacked) and WIND has to pay a lot to get in because it's pretty much the big 3 versus the small little guy. It's super annoying. but their service is always getting better for me so thats great :)

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I've never tried streaming music over 2G speeds before, because I've never gone over 5GB. I'm sure it'll be fine though, because those streaming apps/websites use the not-so-FLAC versions of the songs, which range from 1MB to 3MB, more or less. Should be fine, but if I get around to it, I'll post my results.

Basically I'd want to stream music for my car from the cloud or pandora. Nothing super quality.

I'd probably use up the 5gb cap myself on other things (I need to tether NOW emergencies, I mean my Comcast internet goes out at least once a week), but I still want to be able to stream music/not worry about overages, just throttles. I mean it's still an upgrade from what I have.

I need unlimited minutes, but I would be willing to have this separately.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Basically I'd want to stream music for my car from the cloud or pandora. Nothing super quality.

I'd probably use up the 5gb cap myself on other things (I need to tether NOW emergencies, I mean my Comcast internet goes out at least once a week), but I still want to be able to stream music/not worry about overages, just throttles. I mean it's still an upgrade from what I have.

I need unlimited minutes, but I would be willing to have this separately.

That reminds, T-Mobile has caps on all of their plans for tethering. All of their plans have a 100MB tethering limit (it seriously sucks, but I've only had to use it a couple of times) and their unlimited plans has a 2.5GB cap. 

Anyways, if you're concerned about the speeds being too slow, you could always download the songs... I use a program that lets me download just the audio from a YouTube video. There's also a website that does, but I've noticed that it caps the audio on some songs, which is why I don't use it anymore. 

COMIC SANS

That reminds, T-Mobile has caps on all of their plans for tethering. All of their plans have a 100MB tethering limit (it seriously sucks, but I've only had to use it a couple of times) and their unlimited plans has a 2.5GB cap. 

Anyways, if you're concerned about the speeds being too slow, you could always download the songs... I use a program that lets me download just the audio from a YouTube video. There's also a website that does, but I've noticed that it caps the audio on some songs, which is why I don't use it anymore.

I have a motox and 14 GB of music in my colleciton. Fuck google and their no SD card slot bs.

lol anyway I considered the unlimited plan from tmobile, I can see nothing about limits on the 80$ a month plan. The 70$ a month is 5GB

Yes, they do mention a tether limit though, 5GB. I can just root my phone and use a third party tether app though.

They also mention a few apps like pandora don't count against data

Gotta be some bs though, is it actually unlimited or do they throttle you or something?

muh specs 

All parts black

lol anyway I considered the unlimited plan from tmobile, I can see nothing about limits on the 80$ a month plan. The 70$ a month is 5GB

Yes, they do mention a tether limit though, 5GB. I can just root my phone and use a third party tether app though.

They also mention a few apps like pandora don't count against data

Gotta be some bs though, is it actually unlimited or do they throttle you or something?

Oh ya, forgot that TMo bumped the cap for tethering on the unlimited plan. As for those 3rd party apps to get around it... I've tried it, you can't...or at least I can't. If you find a way around this, please tell me.

As for throttling and whatnot, they'll only throttle you if you're on a tower with high congestion. This makes sense, because this way the tower won't be "over flowed". Going off of what I've heard, so I'm not 100% sure.

COMIC SANS

Oh ya, forgot that TMo bumped the cap for tethering on the unlimited plan. As for those 3rd party apps to get around it... I've tried it, you can't...or at least I can't. If you find a way around this, please tell me.

As for throttling and whatnot, they'll only throttle you if you're on a tower with high congestion. This makes sense, because this way the tower won't be "over flowed". Going off of what I've heard, so I'm not 100% sure.

How would they detect a wired connection tether? Makes little sense. I mean I get if you are downloading massive crap they'll flag your account, tether or not.

I mean I'm pretty certain someone I know uses a wire tether for that. No root I believe as well.

muh specs 

All parts black

Is this a phone plan?

I have 4g, no data cap and so many calls a month I could never use them all for 20 euros

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Is this a phone plan?

I have 4g, no data cap and so many calls a month I could never use them all for 20 euros

Yes, it's a phone plan. USA only.

COMIC SANS