Total War Attila Announced

LuckyCharm

The Total War series may be getting a new sequel. Creative Assembly has announced the game Total War Attila. As far as the trailer is concerned it doesn't feature any in game footage but that doesn't matter to me since I wouldn't trust any of it any way. As far as the game itself CA(Creative Assembly) has a list of some improvements although it isn't hard to improve over Total War Rome 2. I am a huge fan of  rts/tbs games and want to be excited for this game but am not sure if CA will deliver a properly good game. CA's current title Rome 2 had a rough start and still has stupid bugs that shouldn't even exist this late in the game as well as horrible cpu optimizations/coding that cause it to run like shit on high end hardware. Not to mention all this time CA has been busy releasing DLC. I don't know what to think, should CA have forgotten Rome 2 and spent more time making the new game better or are they better off trying to redeem Rome 2 with DLC and "bug fixes"? I can only hope this game will be good or else CA just doesn't care or is too busy smoking crack/rolling in DLC money.

SOURCE http://www.totalwar.com/attila

post-2394-0-18608500-1411872629.jpg

who/what is attila? :unsure:

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Attila the Hun... You know... That bad guy from Mulan

Umm.. Attila the Hun?

ok i wasn't sure if it was him or it was a place in the ancient world

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I just hope they can work in full support for 8 core or more CPUs. It's time for them to get it together with better hardware support.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

I just hope they can work in full support for 8 core or more CPUs. It's time for them to get it together with better hardware support.

I hope they can work in any amount of multi core support. When I play task manager shows 1 of my 8 ivy bridge threads maxed at 100% and the rest a zero.

I'll wait on the reviews before I think to purchase, maybe purchase. After TW Rome II my excitement is on the wane.

I've saved all year in '13 to buy a new graphics card (GTX 770) to play the game in high res. With so much crashes, slow rotations, melted faced armies and much more I've learned never to pre-order again.

Since then I haven't bought any DLCs that rolled out. So much was promised and not delivered, I lost count after 10 patches within 6 months after release. Though I still play Medieval II/Kingdoms, Empire/Napoléon and Shogun often.

Just thought I'd add this video:

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Yeah seen this a few days ago and all I can say in that I am super excited about this and Total War was one of my biggest games I have played on PC since Medieval Total War. Logged soooo many hours on it from 2003-2005. I think this is going to be like they way they did it with Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion (played that one a lot and used Rome Realistic Mod for it)

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

They should have done in on the chinese dynasties , there were some really awesome battles during the early dynasties

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

nice to see the history lessons working

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I've played quite a lot of Total War (except Empire because I didn't like the musket gameplay) and think this could be pretty fun.

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

Don't keep your fingers crossed then, engine is still Warscape...as much as they claim that the Warscape is extremely modular, it's still Warscape.  

Anyway, the name TW: Attila is frankly really misleading, because last I heard, the Huns aren't even playable, they're an emergent faction, like the Mongols in M2TW.  Just think of it as Barbarian Invasion 2.  It's the same time period, and expect to die ultra fast if you play the Western Roman Empire.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Oh wow, another one already? I haven't even played a single game really. I just recently got Shogun 2, and Rome 2.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I think I'm Hun-gry to have a go of this!

I still play the original Rome, as in my view it is almost impossible to beat for an RTS based game, but if they can get the formula right again, then I will certainly give this game a go.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

How about you finish the Warhammer 40K game you're working on before you start pumping out more quasi-historical ones, Creative Assembly??

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It's going to be what napoleon was for empire. Rome 2 had a bad launch, but atlest they didn't leave it in a broken form. They gave free dlc, 15 hugh patches and listen to the community about problems. This game shouldn't be as broken as rome 2 was in the start. It's not a new game, but more like a massive patch/exspansion.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

This is a standalone major expansion for Rome 2 in the vein of Fall of the Samurai was to Shogun 2, so it ought to be in the best possible shape.  Rome 2 is way better now.

Of course this is all just a big bluff while they crack away at Total War of the Three Kingdoms and/or Total Warhammer.  ...Right? 

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Well the guy that fucked up the roman empire pretty badly, he is kinda like Genghis khan was, jusr sooner

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

Oh dear, if it's anything at all like Rome 2 it's gonna suck.

They did a good job fixing Rome 2, but it's still really lacking as far as total war games go...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

This is a standalone major expansion for Rome 2 in the vein of Fall of the Samurai was to Shogun 2, so it ought to be in the best possible shape.  Rome 2 is way better now.

Of course this is all just a big bluff while they crack away at Total War of the Three Kingdoms and/or Total Warhammer.  ...Right? 

Except fall of the samurai was total different to shogun 2. 

This just looks pretty much like a new campaign

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

One of the greatest military leaders of all time? Atilla, the whip of God? The scourge of medieval Europe? Ring a bell?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!