should we give up?

thekeemo

We all know the industry keeps heading to consoles and laptops all the new things that come out usually care most about lowering power consumption like with maxwell and all games now come out for console and the PC version is just a lousy port that's worse than the one on consoles there are a few exceptions but not a lot.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I don't get what you're asking here.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

we must stride to take ova the world with our powerful pc

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

we must stride to take ova the world with our powerful pc

we can bribe the game makers to come to our 4k goodness!

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Same.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

NO!

This is not how gaming works. We don't just 'give up', we keep fighting until we get more proper PC games! If more and more people start playing on PCs, eventually the industry will move toward PC gaming.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

PC gaming continues to grow, despite what you seem to be concerned about. Not to mention PC exclusives like most mmo's and star citizen. Not to mention that almost everyone has some form of computer to begin with, other than a laptop.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The market is slowing for PC's (so they say) with tablets taking a tonne of share. 

You know most of these companies sales are the low end GPUs, CPU,s and not the high end

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

PC gaming is fine, there are a lot of dedicated developers; that while less, make a lot better games. Star Citizen is an example of the future of PC gaming.

We all know the industry keeps heading to consoles and laptops all the new things that come out usually care most about lowering power consumption like with maxwell and all games now come out for console and the PC version is just a lousy port that's worse than the one on consoles there are a few exceptions but not a lot.

The low power consumption is not just for laptops, it's definitely EXTREMELY exciting for desktop PCs as well!

Steam is massive, PC gaming as a whole is growing and we're still getting absurdly powerful hardware. I do not see what on earth you are talking about.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

NO!

This is not how gaming works. We don't just 'give up', we keep fighting until we get more proper PC games! If more and more people start playing on PCs, eventually the industry will move toward PC gaming.

I don't see that happeneing

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

No... Desktops are here to stay... They have standards for crying out loud... Try looking for a laptop where you can switch out its intel mobo for an amd mobo, etc...

I'd prefer having the ability to upgrade stuff gradually, and not in one go like a laptop...

Steam is massive, PC gaming as a whole is growing and we're still getting absurdly powerful hardware. I do not see what on earth you are talking about.

but its not the priority

No... Desktops are here to stay... They have standards for crying out loud... Try looking for a laptop where you can switch out its intel mobo for an amd mobo, etc...

I'd prefer having the ability to upgrade stuff gradually, and not in one go like a laptop...

so would I but that's what I think we will have to do

I don't even get the purpose of this thread? the new consoles are weak PC's that failed to deliver on their hype. Consumer interest in PC gaming is at an all time high, and all of the big publishers are currently surging back towards PC development, and the breakthroughs in power consumption are helping to push PC gaming so far ahead of any mobile or console platform, that developers who have great ideas but need the horsepower are making pc exlusive titles once again (ie - Triad Wars).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

from what I've seen online, more and more people are ditching thei8r consoles for PC.

I think in the next 10 years desktop computers will be a niche market for gamers and businesses.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

from what I've seen online, more and more people are ditching thei8r consoles for PC.

I think in the next 10 years desktop computers will be a niche market for gamers and businesses.

well I hope so

The solution for the shitty port problem: Get rid of consoles.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

FIGHT FOR THE MASTER RACE

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

but its not the priority

Who's priority? The tech industry in general? Gaming? Valve? Microsoft? Intel? What are we actually talking about? I don't think you're right in any case, but your assertions seems a little vague.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Slowly we are getting more sick of the ports. Once the pc market stops buying games they have to start scratching their heads and think where it went wrong, and then they realise that we are the most important of them all. PC MASTERRACE!

At school I'm seeing that allot of them are starting to realize that PC's are better.

#MasterRace!