Suggestion: LTT should have a mini Chatbox.

OriginalPromise

I was messing around in the WAN Show Crowd Sourced ToC and I'm just guessing it would be fun for there to be a place where we can mess around....

Linus, please treat us.

post-83863-0-80936500-1411799298.png

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

I so agree with this cause i just cant help chatin with people in it aswell and i think it would be a EVEN better way for the LTT community to grow

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

It has been requested a bunch of times. It would be a real hassle to moderate.

We also had a chatbox at one point, but no one was using it.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

It would be semi nice for quick questions, not topic worthy

We have 100k+ members don't know how well that will go down

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Damn right! It should have a chat, a bar, a park bench, a couch, a massage table, snacks, some one to fill my every need! :angry:

Get real man, if you need it so bad do it yourself, its so easy after all, literally its freaking easy, I did it for another forum where the masses requested it and the thanks we got was enough to tank the forum so yea let them provide your ever wish. :rolleyes:

The Entitled Master Race. :wacko:

Edited by IdeaStormer

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Or you know they could just bring back the defunct irc channel.

It would be semi nice for quick questions, not topic worthy

Quick questions are fine and all but proper discussion happens much better over chat than even forum.

I have a feeling people would try and use it as tech support and just get pissed when they di t get an answer right away, jist like now.

We have 100k+ members don't know how well that will go down

I used to be a Community Admin for a (now defunct) forum and we had 100,000+ members. Our peak amount of members online at one time was only around 1,300+ or so.

If you have a decent amount of staff that employs common sense and have a good sense of the community's rules, then there shouldn't be too much of an issue for LTT to have a chatbox.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

we could make a room in freenode in like 2 seconds.

there already is one its just dead. Its actually may have been on Rizon, I forget.

I'd post in that....

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The best place to make suggestions like this is to post in http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/197721-forum-suggestions/

Earlier today, someone made the same suggestion, and this was my response:

It's been suggested a lot, but given the size of the forum, it's not going to happen - the moderation required would be way more than is currently available, nobody would be able to read what has been said because it's moving so fast, and it would probably not be very good for the server, depending on how it's implemented. There is an unofficial teamspeak server though as far as I know, although it's possible that it's no longer active. It's linked in a thread in the "Forum News and Info" subforum.

HTTP/2 203

As @colonel_mortis pretty much said same that I was about to, I go straigth for the unoffical solution. Do it yourself. Nobody is against having unoffical chat. I remember that there was something in Qnet etc when Rizon irc was active. Or in some other server. Another way would be using Twitch chat. You can use it via IRC client and chat is active while stream is offline.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It has been requested a bunch of times. It would be a real hassle to moderate.

We also had a chatbox at one point, but no one was using it.

That was long ago.

signatures are the illuminati #mkultragotcha