Optical Vs. Laser Mouse

striker1010

Hey Guys,

Just curious, if you aren't a competitive gamer but rather looking to enjoy yourself and have fun; does it really matter if you are using laser vs. optical?

Not really. If you really want the high DPI I would't see a problem with a laser mouse.

Laser offers more precision

I think you got it backwards...

Optical offers more precision. Laser has acceleration issues (in almost all laser mice).

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Which is the difference betwen 8200dpi and 800?

What are the advantages?

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

Which is the difference betwen 8200dpi and 800?

What are the advantages?

With 800dpi It allows you to aim way more accurately. For me using 8200dpi would be horrible because it would be impossible to aim accurately unless ur an MLG pro

Life.exe is missing

Nope pick the mouse your most comfortable with that has the features you need. Then if there is a variant with a optical sensor get that.

Optical using lowest dpi and adjusting sensitivity in game is always best.  There are some decent laser sensors but I swear by optical after trying one.

With 800dpi It allows you to aim way more accurately. For me using 8200dpi would be horrible because it would be impossible to aim accurately unless ur an MLG pro

Nope still would be impossible or at least not practical.

Optical using lowest dpi and adjusting sensitivity in game is always best.  There are some decent laser sensors but I swear by optical after trying one.

I disagree. Pick a DPI your comfortable gaming with then adjust all games to feel the same.

So changes the speed of the game?

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

So changes the speed of the game?

huh?

I disagree. Pick a DPI your comfortable gaming with then adjust all games to feel the same.

Well you can disagree but just ask any pro gamer and they'll disagree with you. 

Well you can disagree but just ask any pro gamer and they'll disagree with you.

I disagee with that statement as well.

on a side note the lowest DPI is not the best DPI for the mouse. That would be the native DPI of the sensor. Though with many newer mice that not really an issue because they have many native dpi or at least dont use interpolation to get the different DPI.

I would suggest to get laser mouse only if a certain feature you absolutely must have is not available on any optical mouse. But, not all optical sensors are good; for more in-depth overview of the issue, check out this article: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Correct just because its optical doesnt make it perfect or even better. That mostly applies to older mice thougg. Most new ones especially by logotech are trying to have as few of these issues as possible.

Both. I have a mechanical, non-mechanical, laser, and non-laser mice all plugged in at once. This offers more flexibility

Here you can find  guides, on how to pick  Best Gaming Mouse  for your needs! ;):)

Read our expert reviews, rating and comparison to find the Best Gaming Mouse   for your budget. We pick top models in gaming industry and compare them in order to give you ultimate entertainment experience while playing the games.

Most of the laser mice I've had hindered my enjoyment because of poor sensor performance. I didn't realize how accustomed I'd become to horrible sensors until I switched back to a great optical. I still use a laser mouse with my laptop for its ability to track on multiple surfaces. Like most things, it depends! :P

I can't tell the difference between laser and optical, someone show me some proof of the "acceleration"

Which mouse would you like to see the proof on?