Xbox One exclusive, sunset overdrive, locked at 900p@30fps

suicidalfranco

Source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/09/26/sunset-overdrive-checks-in-at-30-fps-in-900p-on-the-xbox-one/

Ted Price, President and CEO of Insomniac, spoke with IGN about what they were able to get out of the Xbox One for Sunset Overdrive. He even talks about what disabling the Kinect on the system was able to do for the game itself:

“What happened for developers not using the Kinect is that there was a slight boost in CPU power that we got to take advantage of. This game really does push the limits when it comes to the number of enemies on screen, so it was useful for us to have more CPU juice to help with physics, navigation and AI.

…We’re running at 900p and 30 fps native. This is a game with a lot on the screen and we made the choice to be at 900 because we wanted to push the level of detail, action, the size of the city and the views you can experience as move around. What’s great about Sunset Overdrive is if you can see it, you can go there.”

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I bet Insomniac is regretting signing on with Microsoft right about now...

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Gratz Xbox One!  You failed!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Too bad microsoft for releasing a bad console. 

btw: the link is totally wrong

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

900p is at least better than 720 idk

or 762 or whatever for WD

Also, accidentally read it as 9000P xD, so I thought xbone suddenly at super high def xD

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

When microsoft makes a good console the next one is bad. when sony release an okayish console the next one is better.

So you can think what the new ones will be like.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Announced running at a substandard resolution and an unacceptable framerate to absolutely no one's surprise.

Seriously, I mean no offence to the OP, but I really don't see a good reason to announce this as news. It isn't a surprise. Now if a game is announced to run at full 1080p/60 then I could see it being news.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

When microsoft makes a good console the next one is bad. when sony release an okayish console the next one is better.

Hopefully non-existent as people realise that pc is better (jk)

But I seriously hope that the next consoles that come around are at least comparable to even a low-mid range desktop so they can AT LEAST push out 1080p at >30fps with AT LEAST graphics as they are now on pc

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

900p is at least better than 720 idk

But at 30fps?

Even battlefield 4 ran at 60fps.

Hopefully non-existent as people realise that pc is better (jk)

But I seriously hope that the next consoles that come around are at least comparable to even a low-mid range desktop so they can AT LEAST push out 1080p at >30fps with AT LEAST graphics as they are now on pc

By then it should be 4k 60fps standard.

Which they probably still fail miserably at.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

You know what, you're right and I'm surprised I didn't realize this.

The 360 is a great solid console(apart from the RROD and disc scratches), so many new franchises and features started on it.

Don't get me wrong, PS3 was good, but compared to the 360? Apart from the Blu-Ray, it doesn't come close. Now it's a bit reversed here with the Xbone falling behind the PS4 in so many areas.

To be honest, if MCC comes to PC, then I have no reason to ever consider purchasing a Xbone, but I'd love a PS4 just to have for the exclusives(and a WiiU/2DS).

Sorry about that, ios 8 is making me going crazy :( fixed it.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

But at 30fps?

Even battlefield 4 ran at 60fps.

By then it should be 4k 60fps standard.

Which they probably still fail miserably at.

1440p isn't even a standard yet. Sheesh. Bleeding edge people are so damn needy.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Announced running at a substandard resolution and an unacceptable framerate to absolutely no one's surprise.

Seriously, I mean no offence to the OP, but I really don't see a good reason to announce this as news. It isn't a surprise. Now if a game is announced to run at full 1080p/60 then I could see it being news.

Form me it was a surprise since the game is suppoded to be an exclusive, therefore bring the hardware to it's knees and look like the best thing ever the same way it as always happened for previous generations, and was also classified as one of the most important launch title forma the platform

1440p isn't even a standard yet. Sheesh. Bleeding edge people are so damn needy.

Didn't you get the memo? 

This entire forum games at 4K@60fps and has the cash to blow several grand between GPUs and monitors required to power such gaming. 

Get with the times man, everyone is beyond 1080p. 

Ignore the fact that according to Steam, the most used GPUs happen to come out of bloody INTEL and have the graphical capacities of a bunch of citrus peels, comparatively speaking. 

Didn't you get the memo?

This entire forum games at 4K@60fps and has the cash to blow several grand between GPUs and monitors required to power such gaming.

Get with the times man, everyone is beyond 1080p.

Ignore the fact that according to Steam, the most used GPUs happen to come out of bloody INTEL and have the graphical capacities of a bunch of citrus peels, comparatively speaking.

Too bad STEAM has no way to deal with systems which have both onboard and dedicated GPUs. That said, I'll move from 1080p to 4K with either Volta or Pascal. At that point monitor prices will be in the reasonable $450 range for 4K and DP 1.4.

Hell at that point maybe my 4960x will actually be taxed by something.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

TV is already going to 4k right now.

I'm talking about 5 years later.

Are you going to tell me 4k isn't going to be a lot more common in five years?

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Please go price out the equipment required to drive 4K gaming. Go on. That costs more than what most of this forum has made in their lifetimes. 

1080p isn't a standard on broadcast TV yet... 

1080i is. p isn't. 1080p is barely done at high bit rates over Netflix or Hulu, much less 4K. Netflix doesn't even deliver master audio streams, the bandwidth required is too massive. 

4K is far from anything. More common? Sure. But it won't be like what 1080p is now, or what 1080i is to broadcasting. 

Insomniac just isn't ready for the xbone future.....dat future

In 5 years, yes. TVs currently doing interpolated 4K at pseudo-30Hz. Do some research. There are less than 5 true 4k TVs when you dig into the details. With that large a panel, pixel defects are much more likely, and fewer panels leave the factory. The prices are stupid high for the real ones, and the wannabe 4K TVs don't really have the quality to match the claims.

Tbh though, I wouldn't be surprised if we pretty much pass over 1440p because surely if it was going mainstream it would have already?

In 5 years, yes. TVs currently doing interpolated 4K at pseudo-30Hz. Do some research. There are less than 5 true 4k TVs when you dig into the details. With that large a panel, pixel defects are much more likely, and fewer panels leave the factory. The prices are stupid high for the real ones, and the wannabe 4K TVs don't really have the quality to match the claims.

Its just like 1080p sets back in the day. 

Price tags that surpassed 5k, they didn't normalize and drop till around 5-6 years ago, and even then, a 1080p TV 5-6 years ago was still a VERY PRICEY purchase. 

4K has even more content distribution issues to contend with. We're barely getting high quality 1080p content, and expecting our current infrastructures to handle 4K? Yea. We're a little ways away from that being a reality. 

Tbh though, I wouldn't be surprised if we pretty much pass over 1440p because surely if it was going mainstream it would have already?

The mainstream is cost-dependent. 1440p is not in the price range it needs to be to really go mainstream. Hell 1920x1200 is cheaper, and 16:10 is never cheaper than a 16:9 panel of the same size.

It's situations like this where I am happy that I'll be getting an Avermedia LGP over the Elgato HD60. 

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Please go price out the equipment required to drive 4K gaming. Go on. That costs more than what most of this forum has made in their lifetimes. 

1080p isn't a standard on broadcast TV yet... 

1080i is. p isn't. 1080p is barely done at high bit rates over Netflix or Hulu, much less 4K. Netflix doesn't even deliver master audio streams, the bandwidth required is too massive. 

4K is far from anything. More common? Sure. But it won't be like what 1080p is now, or what 1080i is to broadcasting.

News Flash: this is about gaming.

I'm sure most people have made more than 10k usd in their lives.

Of course they are not very feasible right now.

Five years is about the time next generation of consoles come out; unless the current gen becomes unpopular due to low performance, as they should but not guaranteed to.