increasingly bored

FireofDestruction

i find myself thinking of what to do now more and more often, not a single game holds my attention because everything is the same just different graphics with different items to collect or different grinds or moar exp. what do you do during these times of boredom, and lately i find my self reading wiki way too often...i even bookmarked a list of all alloys on wiki....and slowly working on an aluminum smeltery because of it. ok enough of that the question here is what do you guys (and girls) do when you just cant play a game at all where it just doesn't hold your interest. 

Usually when I have nothing to play I start going out a bit more with friends, and end up playing with them whatever it is they are playing. Basically the easiest way to have fun in games is with friends.

I'm in the same boat as you.

Every games feel the same to me.

RPG are all the same thing, the quests are basically "get this, kill that, talk to x, etc...

Shooters are some of the most generic stuff, if you played one you've played them all, some have a twist or two but in the end "point and shoot".
etc...

I'm at that point right now, after years of gaming.

I need something else in my games, something to brighten the mood or captivate me. Borderlands 1 and 2 were great in that aspect, because even though it fits in both of my complaints said above, it also has such an over the top humour in it that I found myself laughing and wanting more. Could also be because it has proper co-op in it and I played the whole things it with a friend.
But unfortunately, that type of games are rare and few games manage to get my attention these days, so I just read books... lots and lots of books.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I'm in the same boat as you.

Every games feel the same to me.

RPG are all the same thing, the quests are basically "get this, kill that, talk to x, etc...

Shooters are some of the most generic stuff, if you played one you've played them all, some has a twist or two but in the end "point and shoot".

etc...

I'm at that point right now, after years of gaming.

I need something else in my games, something to brighten the mood. Borderlands was great in that aspect, because even though it fits in both of my complaints said above, it also has such an over the top humour in it that I found myself laughing and wanting more.

But unfortunately, that type of games are rare so I just read books... lots and lots of books.

i enjoyed sniper elite 3 for all the slow-mo kills but the campaign was so short...then again i played the crap out of it for 3 days...

Usually when I have nothing to play I start going out a bit more with friends, and end up playing with them whatever it is they are playing. Basically the easiest way to have fun in games is with friends.

lost many of those when i switched to full time pc, consoles OP need smarter people or people to realize building a computer isn't hard 

Go to school...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

fap

@helping

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

that is not very appropriate

Well neither was The Fappening but kids all over America were fapping.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Wow I suffer the same problem with you. I just bought dead rising 3 and I have never been so bored playing a game. Same with ac4, same with bioshock infinite.

I went cycling with my friends the other day, gave me more fun than any PC game. I just bought a 200$ pair of nudie jeans, something which 2 years ago I would have spent on a PC chassis or a soundcard.

I guess, this gaming shit is getting too old for me. I mean im 17, but its SOOOO empty and boring.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Play some more interessting games. For example Brothers-A tale of two sons, which is an extremly beautiful game, and the mechanics are the best out of any game.

You can also try something like Bastion or Transistor

The best thing you can do in this scenario is to leave your computer alone.Go out, learn, hangout with friends.When you find These things getting complicated or boring for you,get your ass back to gaming then.

Why don't you guys just understand? Fappening is definitely not a solution for your problem.It will only make it worse because you will start feeling alone,shy and somehow you will develop a system to stay away from everyone and you live the rest of your life in a fucking room.

Try finding a passion/interest and a hobby that gets your attention keeps you busy and interested. for me reading, gaming, programming, amateur astronomy

never miss a day

Then how are you bored?

Obviously you're not working hard enough if you have free time to be bored...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I mostly crank the difficulty to the max and then my refusal to surrender gets me through it. (Unless the game is truly crap)

And when that fails i do the random related video tour of youtube. Mostly ending up at cat videos

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"