Old school products that last

Admire

I was visiting my grandparents some days ago, and my grandmother saw a tiny hole in a cloth bag I had, and her motherly instincts demanded that she fix it on her sewing machine which was bought used in 1953. Yes...1953, only needing two small repairs during the years that my grandfather could do himself without any trouble.

There is no modern sewing machine that would even go half that time......Do you guys have any old machines in your family that still work?

Its a model like this one:

9JU463L2U9.jpg

My mother also has a Husqvarna sewing machine from the 1970s that also works perfectly to this day.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Kenwood Speakers 3+ Decades of non-stop bass, passed down to me from my dad.

Sorry about this.  Pics or it didn't happen.

Because he had a hard drive.

Awesome! I would love those....Love those wooden old speakers.

Something like these?

Kenwood_KL-777A_Stereo_Speakers_web.jpg

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Sorry about this.  Pics or it didn't happen.

I have a second one. WOuld you like a vid of it droppin hard too? lol, IF you can findy a original date let me know, my dad doesn't remember when he bought em, their at least 1.5 decades for sure, and I have been pushing them hard as fc*k last 5 years and still going. If you find a original date i will change it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwmgBN4CqGK0SWRGV1dkTllkdkU/view?usp=sharing

Guns. I have a gun my great uncle gave me he got from his dad. It was from i believe 1930's. It literally costed 5$ or less at the time. I don't want to put a picture of a gun on the internet because crazy peoples. But its a 22lr that still works. The barrel is at least and inch and a quater in diameter. So we i got it it had mold and stuff in the barrel So took a long ass time to clean it up. So eventually took it to the range and tested it and it worked. Of course the mechanism looks like a simpleton made it but it works. You literally just have a bolt attached to a spring you pull back the furring pin with. You have to insert the bullet into the the chamber and once you cock it there is no way to take out the bullet without loading. No safety or any of that. Literally if the zombie apocalypse happened i would just take the barrel off of it and just hit zombies with it because it takes so damn long to reload. Barrel is just attached with one screw.

Once again like I said above.  Pics or it didn't happen.

I guess you don't value honor system :D (yes i know its the internet)

Guns. I have a gun my great uncle gave me he got from his dad. It was from i believe 1930's. It literally costed 5$ or less at the time. I don't want to put a picture of a gun on the internet because crazy peoples. But its a 22lr that still works. The barrel is at least and inch and a quater in diameter. So we i got it it had mold and stuff in the barrel So took a long ass time to clean it up. So eventually took it to the range and tested it and it worked. Of course the mechanism looks like a simpleton made it but it works. You literally just have a bolt attached to a spring you pull back the furring pin with. You have to insert the bullet into the the chamber and once you cock it there is no way to take out the bullet without loading. No safety or any of that. Literally if the zombie apocalypse happened i would just take the barrel off of it and just hit zombies with it because it takes so damn long to reload. Barrel is just attached with one screw.

As an someone from europe, I never really considered guns but makes perfect sense. A revolver borders on the extremely simple. That gun could probably work 100 years from now if its kept in decent conditions.

Its a revolver. You can imagine.

Awesome! I would love those....Love those wooden old speakers.

Something like these?

Kenwood_KL-777A_Stereo_Speakers_web.jpg

Same Speakers Just different case Link above. ithink those are a little bit older.

I guess you don't value honor system :D

No I don't but I do act like these two.

tumblr_m6bj5rsbCy1rziwwco2_250.gif

Its a revolver. You can imagine.

Pics or it didn't happen.

My mom also has a very old sewing machine, its from the 1950's its not in that sexy blue though, just white. It hasnt broken down yet still going great!

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Same Speakers Just different case Link above. ithink those are a little bit older.

I saw. Really cool! Im jealous.

My mom also has a very old sewing machine, its from the 1950's its not in that sexy blue though, just white. It hasnt broken down yet still going great!

Just goes to show that we could make things last faaaaar longer, Even though many things has ofcourse gotten more advanced. The sexy blue does give it some personality. 

My moms which is from the 70s, is made partially from plastic but its made to last. Heavy as all hell.

My dad's Fisher STV-420M speakers. God damn those things have taken a pounding.

EDIT: And the damn things sound great.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Guns are pretty reliable things if you treat them right.

My cousin just bought a couple of wartime Russian guns for dirt cheap.

A Mosen nagant and an SVT.

He got them and they were covered in cosmiline.

The nagant has 1942 stamped on it so I guess that was the manufacture date.

A friend of mine is a stand-up and has a collection of Victorian sex toys that she tells me are still fully functional, though clearly not used by her. Apparently they were made by a company called Garrets of London and are simple hand-crank devices. Never actually seen them though.

No I don't but I do act like these two.

tumblr_m6bj5rsbCy1rziwwco2_250.gif

OCT 7. :D

The IBM Model M :) Oh yes.

keyboard-model-m-1.jpg

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I saw. Really cool! Im jealous.

Just goes to show that we could make things last faaaaar longer, Even though many things has ofcourse gotten more advanced. The sexy blue does give it some personality. 

My moms which is from the 70s, is made partially from plastic but its made to last. Heavy as all hell.

I Blew The tweeters, if you can see, i was like fck it increased the bass. tweeters are useless anyway.

Guns are pretty reliable things if you treat them right.

My cousin just bought a couple of wartime Russian guns for dirt cheap.

A Mosen nagant and an SVT.

He got them and they were covered in cosmiline.

The nagant has 1942 stamped on it so I guess that was the manufacture date.

I imagine 1942 was a pretty big production year for those.

News and Events of 1942 World Events
  • Nazi leaders attend the Wannsee Conference to coordinate the "final solution to the Jewish question," the systematic genocide of Jews known as the Holocaust.

• Declaration of United Nations is signed in Washington. 

U.S. Events
U.S. StatisticsPresident: Franklin D Roosevelt

Vice President: Henry A. Wallace

Population: 134,859,553

More U.S. Statistics...

Economics

Federal spending:   $35.14 billion

Federal debt:   $79.2 billion

Consumer Price Index:   16.3

Unemployment:   4.7%

Cost of a first-class stamp:   $0.03

Sports World Series

St. Louis Cardinals d. NY Yankees (4-1)

Stanley Cup

Toronto d. Detroit (4-3)

Wimbledon

Women: Not held (World War II)

Men: Not held (World War II)

Kentucky Derby Champion

Shut Out

NCAA Basketball Championship

Stanford d. Dartmouth (53-38)

NCAA Football Champions

Ohio St. (9-1-0)

World Cup

Not held (World War II)

Entertainment
Entertainment Awards

Pulitzer Prizes

Fiction: In This Our Life, Ellen Glasgow

Oscars awarded in 1942

Academy Award, Best Picture: How Green Was My Valley (Twentieth Century-Fox)

Miss America: JoCaroll Dennison (TX)

More Entertainment Awards...
Events
  • Casablanca premieres in theaters.
  • Bing Crosby releases "White Christmas," from the film Holiday Inn. The song goes on to be the all-time, top-selling song from a film.
  • RCA Victor sprays gold over Glenn Miller's million-copy-seller Chattanooga Choo Choo, creating the first "gold record."
Science
Nobel Prizes in Science

Chemistry: None awarded

Physics: None awarded

Physiology or Medicine: None awarded

• The first safe self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction is accomplished by Erico FermiEdward Teller and Leo Szilard at the University of Chicago.
  • Harvard University chemist Louis F. Fieser invents napalm, a jelly-like mixture of gasoline and palm oils that sticks to its target until it burns out.
  • Radar comes into operational use.
  • The U.S. government establishes the Manhattan Project, led by Robert Oppenheimer, to coordinate ongoing American efforts to design and build the atomic bomb.

Read more: Top News Stories from 1942 | Infoplease.comhttp://www.infoplease.com/year/1942.html#ixzz3ENaob1Cb

1950's designed 120 horse power British Ford diesel, Made to last well over 10 000 hours. These engines were originally tractor engines but they became fairly popular to be marinized and used in boats. This sin't the one in my families boat but they are all the same, currently have 4500 hrs on it and no rebuild yet. 

Pictured engine is in pretty bad exterior condition if I do say so myself. 

Minus the emissions and smoking, these will out last any high rpm modern turbo diesel made today for boats.

Lehman.jpg   Ford-Lehman.jpg

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Oh ya know, just like 37 million or so...