Australia's spy agency to get power to tap unlimited devices

XTankSlayerX

The legislation, first introduced back in June, rapidly expands the powers the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) has under warrants over tapping computers.

"It is quite arguable that the definition could be applied to the entire internet, given the way the legislation is currently worded. That will need some additional work to tie that down to what we believe the department is actually proposing."

"The simple interpretation is this: In expanding the definition of a computer to include a network or networks, you have effectively created an open-ended power for the exercise of a single warrant to, in theory, at least, to include anything connected to that device and anything connected to devices connected to that," Ludlam said in parliament yesterday.

Uh oh, I don't really care about online monitoring, considering you are using someone else's services. Don't have a solid opinion about this

Source: http://www.zdnet.com/australias-spy-agency-to-get-power-to-tap-unlimited-devices-7000034031/

Well, sounds like the agencies are trying to get as much power as they can, while the general population is still in the dark. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Too bad in Australia they can't use any of the info they get against you unless you are conspiring to be a terrorist.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

The 5 Eyes are always watching ;)

Sounds like an awesome idea.

No but seriously, we have extremists here that have been told to behead all the white fellas, so I don't really care if they are able to tap all the devices.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

*pull out hardrive with movies on it*

*cries*

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

Sounds like an awesome idea.

No but seriously, we have extremists here that have been told to behead all the white fellas, so I don't really care if they are able to tap all the devices.

Sounds pretty scary. Why they're doing that? And who they are? What they want?

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

The only people that worry are usually the ones up to no good. But they are also the ones who will figure out how to get around this anyway. They been doing it illegally for years now and they are admitting they are doing it legally now.

What i am more concerned about is increasing our internet speeds. Thats what they should care about.

I bet the alleged terrorist got caught uploading and downloading files as it took to long to do it.

What i am more concerned about is increasing our internet speeds. Thats what they should care about.

No, you're right, who cares about how a violent terrorist organisation are spreading their ideology around the world, inciting hatred towards the west and non hardcore muslims, torturing and beheading unarmed civilians and surrounded soldiers, ordering their followers to wage war against innocent people, but wow, the internet speed for some is the real issue that needs addressing. 

post-30016-0-79359800-1411623575.png

Let's all get some perspective on things.

Sounds pretty scary. Why they're doing that? And who they are? What they want?

Because white people (Europeans, Americans, Australians etc) are bad apparently.

There was an internet post on some site that the extremists follow, and it said that in the name of Allah, it is legal for them to kill any white person they come across.

Recently, in Melbourne, cops were monitoring a potential extremist, and they asked him to come to the police station for an interview.

At the interview, he pulled out a knife and stabbed 2 police officers. 1 police officer pulled out his gun and shot him dead. (which is extremely rare in Australia)

There's also been a house raid on some extremists who were planning to kill some politician (the house was right near where I live)

So yeah it's getting pretty scary, 

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

No, you're right, who cares about how a violent terrorist organisation are spreading their ideology around the world, inciting hatred towards the west and non hardcore muslims, torturing and beheading unarmed civilians and surrounded soldiers, ordering their followers to wage war against innocent people, but wow, the internet speed for some is the real issue that needs addressing. 

attachicon.gif3777836870.png

Let's all get some perspective on things.

you should see box hill tafe's internet its about 400 down

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

you should see box hill tafe's internet its about 400 down

Wow was that ethernet? I was using my laptop but that was AC wifi which is still lightning quick.

Because white people (Europeans, Americans, Australians etc) are bad apparently.

There was an internet post on some site that the extremists follow, and it said that in the name of Allah, it is legal for them to kill any white person they come across.

Recently, in Melbourne, cops were monitoring a potential extremist, and they asked him to come to the police station for an interview.

At the interview, he pulled out a knife and stabbed 2 police officers. 1 police officer pulled out his gun and shot him dead. (which is extremely rare in Australia)

There's also been a house raid on some extremists who were planning to kill some politician (the house was right near where I live)

So yeah it's getting pretty scary, 

I don't get this sentence. It seems racistic to me. In every race are bad & good people.

Looking at countries which have big variety of races, I see in such countries more racial problems rather than in other countries & personally I think it would be better idea if everyone should live in their places, like blacks in their countries, whites in their countries. There won't be any racial conflicts I think. It's just my opinion & that's all. I don't have anything against anyone (races). We should judge people by their actions, not by their color of skin. I hope Authorities will increase control & take more severe actions against extremists. No one deserves to be killed or even abused because of skin color.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Wow was that ethernet? I was using my laptop but that was AC wifi which is still lightning quick.

yea that was Ethernet in the CISCO labs! i didnt check the wifi

Too bad the internet here freaking sucks for the majority of the population, they'll probably lose a whole bunch of data packets when they try to retrieve any of our data :P

(kinda joking)

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

I don't get this sentence. It seems racistic to me. In every race are bad & good people.

Looking at countries which have big variety of races, I see in such countries more racial problems rather than in other countries & personally I think it would be better idea if everyone should live in their places, like blacks in their countries, whites in their countries. There won't be any racial conflicts I think. It's just my opinion & that's all. I don't have anything against anyone (races). We should judge people by their actions, not by their color of skin. I hope Authorities will increase control & take more severe actions against extremists. No one deserves to be killed or even abused because of skin color.

It is racist, he's a racist pig. Just ignore him. He's somehow taken this and made it into a race thing. How ridiculous.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Well we know it's bullshit because why would any terrorist give a shit about Australia.

As far as geopolitical significance goes they would be the bottom of the barrel if New Zealand didn't exist.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

It is racist, he's a racist pig. Just ignore him. He's somehow taken this and made it into a race thing. How ridiculous.

I'm not too sure what you are trying to say here, but it already is a race thing,  the whole jihad is about race.   There have been several planned attacks thwarted with raids or and one attack to police that has yet to be fatal.  The incidents cited in this thread are real and the intention of those crimes is to kill non-muslims in the name of ISIS.  The police attack happened just north of where I live and has effected some very close friends. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'm not too sure what you are trying to say here, but it already is a race thing,  the whole jihad is about race.   There have been several planned attacks thwarted with raids or and one attack to police that has yet to be fatal.  The incidents cited in this thread are real and the intention of those crimes is to kill non-muslims in the name of ISIS.  The police attack happened just north of where I live and has effected some very close friends. 

There is no evidence of that being exclusively a race thing.

There is no evidence of that being exclusively a race thing.

No one said exclusively, however it is very much a race war, not only amongst Islam and non Islamic but between Sunni and Shia Muslims as well.  In many ways the conflict that is spreading to here has more evidence to suggest it is a race war (sometimes refereed to as an ethnic conflict)  than there is to suggest it is a religious war.   But at this point the conflict gets quite technical and even experts in ethnic conflict disagree to varying degrees as to what the root causes are.

I believe this links back to the wiki article, however it does explain the three main theories behind ethnic conflict.

https://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Ethnic_conflict.html

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

No one said exclusively, however it is very much a race war, not only amongst Islam and non Islamic but between Sunni and Shia Muslims as well.  In many ways the conflict that is spreading to here has more evidence to suggest it is a race war (sometimes refereed to as an ethnic conflict)  than there is to suggest it is a religious war.   But at this point the conflict gets quite technical and even experts in ethnic conflict disagree to varying degrees as to what the root causes are.

I believe this links back to the wiki article, however it does explain the three main theories behind ethnic conflict.

https://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Ethnic_conflict.html

I would like your definition of race.

Muslim is not a race. Just so you know.

I would like your definition of race.

Muslim is not a race. Just so you know.

Muslim can be a race but is more commonly referred to as an ethnic group.

A race is a distinct group of humans by any set of attributes. 

I LOVE HOW EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD IS FORGETTING THE FACT ISIS ARE KILLING ISLAMIST JUST LIKE THEY ARE KILLING EVERYONE ELSE LOL!

Didn't realize there was so many ignorant people on this forum that get sucked into what the media tells them lol and now look they choose the perfect time to introduce this law right when everyone is freaking out and are accepting it to find terrorists lmao.

I LOVE HOW EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD IS FORGETTING THE FACT ISIS ARE KILLING ISLAMIST JUST LIKE THEY ARE KILLING EVERYONE ELSE LOL!

Not me.

I'm not too sure what you are trying to say here, but it already is a race thing, the whole jihad is about race. There have been several planned attacks thwarted with raids or and one attack to police that has yet to be fatal. The incidents cited in this thread are real and the intention of those crimes is to kill non-muslims in the name of ISIS. The police attack happened just north of where I live and has effected some very close friends.

I have a hard time believing ISIS attacking Australia. Like I have mentioned before Australia is worth

fuck all in terms of global politics and furthermore is entirely irrelevant in the region ISIS operates.

And before you say they will attack us because we are a western country, go and check the New 3DS released in Australia topic on the forum and count just how many people don't even consider Australia western.

This sounds more like a governmental scare tactic to pass some laws like, ohh, this one.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.