LG To Release A 5.9″ Phablet Featuring Company’s Very Own Chipset

XTankSlayerX

We’ve seen some rumors going around about LG’s upcoming phablet dubbed LG G3 Pro. Not many details leaked, but rumors state that this will be a 5.9-inch tablet and that it will have an impressive screen to body ratio, same goes for its processor. It was rumored that the device will launch next month and might even be LG’s first device to sport a fingerprint scanner and 4GB of RAM. Please do note that these were only rumors and nothing more than that, so take all of this with a pinch of salt.

Now that we got that out of the way, we’re here to talk about a new report coming from China. It seems like LG is preparing to release its own processor. It was originally rumored that the aforementioned device could sport a Snapdragon 805 or something similar, but this new rumor claims the device will showcase LG’s new processor. There aren’t many details about the chip itself as of now, but this is quite interesting. LG is a huge company and they’re making some components for their devices and for other manufacturers, LCD panels that you see on their (and other) products are a good example. LG have been relying on Qualcomm Snapdragon processors lately and that’s been working out well for them, but it seems LG wants to enter the processor market.

Okay, its going to be a phablet, I wonder who LG's new chip will stack up to Qualcomm and its competitors.

Source: http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/09/lg-release-5-9-phablet-featuring-companys-chipset.html

At least, Midgets will be able to have a correct screen size to watch TV.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Can phablets please not exist? Please?

If there's a demand for it, someone will supply it.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

If there's a demand for it, someone will supply it.

But whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Why do people want a giant stupid phone..?

lol, maybe they need it.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

own processor = stock ARM design  probably a big little A57/A53

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Because 1 size does not fit all.

COMIC SANS

Maybe they don't want to carry around a tablet and a phone so a middle size is perfect for them.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Maybe they don't want to carry around a tablet and a phone so a middle size is perfect for them.

Or you can just, not need a tablet sized phone to do things?

Are you 12?

No, but I assume you are with a reply like that.

Actually it's not that stupid. As a student I really appreciate what is basiclly a tablet inside my pocket. Because of it's portability , I tend to learn more frequently in places where I am just bored. 

Yeah, it's big (Note 3) , it looks stupid but who cares . Once you get used to it, it's not really that big.

As about LG, if they can squeeze 5.9" in near Note 3 dimensions - I'm all aboard. Not to mention 4Gb ram.

Or you can just, not need a tablet sized phone to do things?

So tell me why companies are still developing devices that are smaller than tablets but bigger than regular phones.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

bfvEiR1.gif

Phablets are great. I like being able to use things like the Kindle app on my phone. Please learn to speak for yourself and yourself only.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I mean, I do appreciate a big screen...just make the body small.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

So tell me why companies are still developing devices that are smaller than tablets but bigger than regular phones.

Because people have awkward taste? I don't prefer having to carry around a massive phone in my pocket.

Phablets are great. I like being able to use things like the Kindle app on my phone. Please learn to speak for yourself and yourself only.

Yeah, no. They're ridiculous and oversized for no reason.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I mean, I do appreciate a big screen...just make the body small.

We already have high resolution phones, you really don't need a massive screen to boot.

Because people have awkward taste? I don't prefer having to carry around a massive phone in my pocket.

We already have high resolution phones, you really don't need a massive screen to boot.

If you can't handle the fact that not everyone shares your tastes and opinions, you have some serious growing up to do. Not knowing how to deal with differing opinions is a horrible personality quality.

If you can't handle the fact that not everyone shares your tastes and opinions, you have some serious growing up to do. Not knowing how to deal with differing opinions is a horrible personality quality.

*facedesk* You don't understand what I'm talking about obviously.

*facedesk* You don't understand what I'm talking about obviously.

You literally said that people who don't agree with you have "awkward taste." I assume that part of your frustration has to do with the lack of small flagships, but that doesn't justify what amounts to calling the opinions of others wrong and telling people what they do/don't need or should/shouldn't like.

Are you afraid that a phone can be bigger than your boner or something? 

Is it that hard to not care what different people use phones for? Did you even had phablet for a longer period of time? 

I need a semi large screen. Easier to quickly view auction pictures and such. But 6"+, is a little unnecessary for sure.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red