Sleeping Dogs sequel Triad Wars is PC exclusive

Dietrichw

Source

Game 

Beta registration 

6ac495ae09887fc783ad13ba81f09aa6.png

The sequel to Sleeping Dogs, Triad Wars is going to be Windows exclusive, set in the same universe in Hong Kong. Players will take the role of a criminal leader to take over Hong Kong. 

"It's your city to claim and how you do it is entirely up to you," reads a statement on the game's official website.

Starting today at 12 p.m. Pacific, the studio will do a Reddit AMA 

So Square Enix finally accepted PC masterrace?

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

we will see how long it says PC exclusive, but it's nice none the less

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

As good as some people might think this is (because the majority of the forum members are PC gamers), I would say otherwise.

Platform exclusives are not the way forward IMO. If you want to sell a game (or any product for that matter) surely it is best to release it on as many platforms as possible, so as many sales can be achieved as possible.

I doubt this game will be exclusive for long.

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

pc exclusive= hmm not bad.

windows exclusive= ughhh...

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Technically the new consoles are low end PC's, so they wouldn't be lying if they released on console.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

As someone who lives in Hong Kong, I  feel that this game doesn't really portray criminal activity here in a very reflective manner.  I think of organised crime as much more embedded into society and certainly more like a business - contrary to all the hack and slashing I've observed so far.  

Nonetheless, I played Sleeping Dogs and enjoyed it a fair bit. It's' definitely nice seeing Hong Kong under the spot light, but generally not for the best of reasons.

As good as some people might think this is (because the majority of the forum members are PC gamers), I would say otherwise.

Platform exclusives are not the way forward IMO. If you want to sell a game (or any product for that matter) surely it is best to release it on as many platforms as possible, so as many sales can be achieved as possible.

I doubt this game will be exclusive for long.

Disagree: A PC exclusive has the benefits of console exclusives which is generating interest yet none of the drawbacks like poor performance, pay for Internet multi-player, etc.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Oh? I should probably get around to actually playing the current game.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

yes

Technically the new consoles are low end PC's, so they wouldn't be lying if they released on console.

we will see how long it says PC exclusive, but it's nice none the less

It won't stay pc exclusive.

yes but at least if they start the development with pc in mind then it will be better and then finally scaled down

who gives a rat's ass if it's exclusive?

skyrim wasnt exclusive but it was a good game and it ran well on the PC,

I dont care as long as it's nothing like Watchdogs.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

IM not sure what to think about for this at the moment.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

who gives a rat's ass if it's exclusive?

skyrim wasnt exclusive but it was a good game and it ran well on the PC,

I dont care as long as it's nothing like Watchdogs.

did you just say skyrim ran well?? it didnt run well on anything

GTA Style game in HK? Looks great, I loved the original.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

The only reason Square Enix would do this is if the first game sold mostly on PC (like more then 75%) and really didn't sell on the consoles.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

did you just say skyrim ran well?? it didnt run well on anything

ran fine on my rig, ultrabook, HTPC, and Xbox 360.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

It this means it will be well optimised then I'm all for it. They can always port it to consoles at a later time.

That is honestly pretty dumb. I don't understand, why any gamer, would want other gamers to not be able to enjoy a game, just because of their choice of hardware. From a business standpoint, it's dumb too, as you cut off millions of potential sales, which could help fund your next game. I hope this is like GTA5, where a version for other hardware comes out later.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

That is honestly pretty dumb. I don't understand, why any gamer, would want other gamers to not be able to enjoy a game, just because of their choice of hardware. From a business standpoint, it's dumb too, as you cut off millions of potential sales, which could help fund your next game. I hope this is like GTA5, where a version for other hardware comes out later.

I think it will release later on consoles.

Right now,they can focus on their PC version without worrying about the rest.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.