Sleeping Dogs sequel Triad Wars is PC exclusive

Dietrichw

First Sleeping dogs has pretty low graphics for my liking.... Reminded me of 8 years old game that was like gta, cant remember the name but the point is I was not impressed.

Triad will have to fight gta v and watch dogs 2, good luck.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

That is honestly pretty dumb. I don't understand, why any gamer, would want other gamers to not be able to enjoy a game, just because of their choice of hardware. From a business standpoint, it's dumb too, as you cut off millions of potential sales, which could help fund your next game. I hope this is like GTA5, where a version for other hardware comes out later.

It's because of the implication on the graphics it'll have.

If it was developed for console, then ported to pc, it would not be able to have as high graphics as it SHOULD have. Therefore not really maximising the full power of a pc. 

If it was developed for pc, then they can basically go wild with the graphics and crank everything right up and everyone will be happy. Like the 1st Crysis game, it was years ahead of its time when it first released.

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

It's because of the implication on the graphics it'll have.

If it was developed for console, then ported to pc, it would not be able to have as high graphics as it SHOULD have. Therefore not really maximising the full power of a pc. 

If it was developed for pc, then they can basically go wild with the graphics and crank everything right up and everyone will be happy. Like the 1st Crysis game, it was years ahead of its time when it first released.

It depends 100% on the scalability of the game. By your definition, no pc's near or worse than a console will be able to run the game. People really need to relax about the new consoles. They are more powerful than the majority of gaming pc's out there. 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

did you just say skyrim ran well?? it didnt run well on anything

Uwotm8

Uwotm8

so many things make skyrim crash its insane, even with no mods.

It ran nearly maxed out on my mid-range laptop with no issues, lol.

It ran nearly maxed out on my mid-range laptop with no issues, lol.

i guess i got unlucky with stuff :P,

i guess i got unlucky with stuff :P,

We all got unlucky with Watch Dogs though.

Skyrim is pretty awfully 'optimised', seeing as its entirely single threaded and will drop below 60 on an 8350 or the like even with 4x 980s, it has issues with Ram usage and it looks like ass.

This Triad wars from what i hear is a cheap MMO style thing, hear them say its an "Online Game", dropped.

The only reason Square Enix would do this is if the first game sold mostly on PC (like more then 75%) and really didn't sell on the consoles.

While its not really a well trusted source: VGcharts would disagree http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=sleeping+dogs

wether or not thats true, id like to see a source on 75% sales on PC

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

As someone who lives in Hong Kong, I feel that this game doesn't really portray criminal activity here in a very reflective manner. I think of organised crime as much more embedded into society and certainly more like a business - contrary to all the hack and slashing I've observed so far.

Nonetheless, I played Sleeping Dogs and enjoyed it a fair bit. It's' definitely nice seeing Hong Kong under the spot light, but generally not for the best of reasons.

This game is accurate the same way Mafia and Mafia 2 were accurate.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

PC Exclusive online-only gameplay... ):

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I loved sleeping dogs and I was really looking forward to a sequel but this is not what people wanted. I think they should of just made a sequel and had co-op or something added to it. No one wanted it to be a free-to-play game. Honestly I don't it will work well since one of the main thing about sleeping dogs charm was about its focus on its martial arts. Sure there was guns in it but you didn't get them right away and in its free roam mode you more or less had to find one, which brings me to its "free-to-play" status. I'm pretty sure you will be able to buy guns and/or they will be easy to obtain. Which makes me think that even though the melee will be there, most will end up just using the guns. I mean why would someone was time trying to counter someone when the can just kill them faster and with less effort by just shooting them. I don't know maybe I'm just blowing this out of proportion because its free-to-play which means most likely the micro transactions will be more necessary rather than the optional cosmetic items (which it will still have). Sorry about the rant but this whole situation feels like the banjo kazooie nuts & bolts incident all over again. It wasn't a bad game but it was not what the fans wanted and they knew it would be the last game in the series that they would get. It also kinda seems a little like apb 2.0.

Also to get back on topic. It might be exclusive right now but it doesn't mean it won't come to consoles later. Like for example planetside 2, warframe, or any other free-to-play on a console.

So Square Enix finally accepted PC masterrace?

Uhm they make one of the best PC ported games AFAIK.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

who gives a rat's ass if it's exclusive?

skyrim wasnt exclusive but it was a good game and it ran well on the PC,

I dont care as long as it's nothing like Watchdogs.

skyrim's interface was designed with console in mind, not PC. so it sucks (the interface for the menu. the game is alright)

skyrim's interface was designed with console in mind, not PC. so it sucks (the interface for the menu. the game is alright)

Download SkyUI

As for the Ubisoft, the last time they said a game would be an exclusive (Rayman on Wii U) they made the dev's work an extra 6 months and killed the hype of the game in one announcement

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Yay hope it makes the game better 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Hmmm that poll seems a bit biased.

I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs and I felt a little let down by this news.  Some online-only quasi-sequel?  Well, I'll give it a fair chance, but I'd just prefer Sleeping Dogs 2 myself.  Though this might be a good way to stress test multiplayer components to future Sleeping Dogs titles that include campaign+multiplayer?

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Great news, even if tarred slightly by the Exclusivity deal.  I thought SD was a fantastic open world crime game, I loved the duality balance between cop and crim.

Can we add an option in the poll that exclusivity sucks and benefits no one in the long run?

Can we add an option in the poll that exclusivity sucks and benefits no one in the long run?

Yeah that would be nice

Also an option that says crappy f2p MMOs probably wouldn't be worth the Dev cost to put on console

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

As someone who lives in Hong Kong, I feel that this game doesn't really portray criminal activity here in a very reflective manner. I think of organised crime as much more embedded into society and certainly more like a business - contrary to all the hack and slashing I've observed so far.

Nonetheless, I played Sleeping Dogs and enjoyed it a fair bit. It's' definitely nice seeing Hong Kong under the spot light, but generally not for the best of reasons.

Well it's a game after all...