Intel "Talk to the Expert" Haswell-E Live Chat [POSTPONED]

Hey everyone, i've been watching the yt channel for about a while now, and finally decided to sing up in the forum!

This live chat will be great for sure! I hope ill get up early, will be 09.00 here.

Aight time for ma questions:

1) To what direction do you think that the indurstry will go after the limits of silicon are reached? Which option seems more viable?

2) What is your opinion about quantum computing?

That's all! Oh, and keep up the good work linus and the others! You're all doing great!

I wanted to make sure anyone who mentioned calling off work/missing school/staying up late/getting up early saw this.

The stream has been postponed until a later date. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, but unfortunately it is beyond our control.

We just got this information about 10 minutes ago, trying to give everyone as much notice as possible!

Check back soon for an update on the new date and time.

Thanks for your understanding!

Thanks for the heads up. 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I wanted to make sure anyone who mentioned calling off work/missing school/staying up late/getting up early saw this.

The stream has been postponed until a later date. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, but unfortunately it is beyond our control.

We just got this information about 10 minutes ago, trying to give everyone as much notice as possible!

Thanks for the heads up. 

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

We always try to host streams at our standard time - Thursday, 11am PDT. My goal is to only push it out one week, but we're getting a high-level Intel rep on the stream who is very busy and might need a bit more notice than that. I will definitely keep everyone posted through this thread.

We always try to host streams at our standard time - Thursday, 11am PDT. My goal is to only push it out one week, but we're getting a high-level Intel rep on the stream who is very busy and might need a bit more notice than that. I will definitely keep everyone posted through this thread.

Thanks man, appreciate the updates and opportunity to interact with someone form Intel :D

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Awesome, I am sure that you guys will update us as you find more information and get other things solidified. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

I didn't know it was coming up this soon! Lucky (for me) it got postponed. One thing I hope to hear about is how Intel decides what a new architecture needs, how much performance or better power management or technology do they hope to put in each new generation?

There are many folks who want to contribute to science by folding or boinc. Do Intel have plans for improving compute performance in this area aside from adding cores.

Oh dear, thank you for the warning.

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH NICK

As I work a job where I cannot watch the stream, and it was to begin 2 hours before I got off work, I'm hopeful you'll say it's going to be later, or possibly on a weekend.

One of the advantages of DDR4 is claimed to be larger memory modules. However, according to ARK, 5960X still supports only 64GB memory as its predecessor 4960X. Why is that as most X99 motherboards tend to have 8 DIMMs?

How small is the margin for error when producing these CPUs ? :)

How much do intel care, how well a certain processor generation overclocks ? Is time spent on improving, the potential overclocking results ? (Im am thinking in terms of pure Mhz/Ghz)

Yay this is so amazing and I am ill so I don't need to go to school yaayy,

Cant wait for the stream, i will probably take some popcorn and relax on my PC while watching the stream! xD PS you guyz are amazing!! :D

Intel i7 HYPE

Will there be more powerful variants of broadwell APUs made available for powerbooks, multimedia laptops and desktops? Particularly along the lines of a systems that aren't afraid of having a cooling solution. Or are they all going to be passively cooled processors for the ultra thin netbooks and smaller mobile device space with just one processor specifically for desktop solutions.

Damn I won't be able to make it since I have school :(

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

oh okay :D cool

TOPIC:

Will they keep the affordable 6 cores processors on the next generation of extreme edition cpu ?

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

Idea Suggestion: Add special effects to the video without the Intel Guy knowing :P, just a suggestion