Which SP120's Go Best with the H100i?

noctua or noiseblocker

This.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

yup it does

in which case you can just use that

Ah ok, and since no one is answering my other post, might as well ask it here, but do you know if the H105 will actually fit in the R4? Some guy said the H100i has "issues" out of the box sometimes and that the H105 typically doesn't. 

Which...from reviews actually seems pretty accurate. 

Ah ok, and since no one is answering my other post, might as well ask it here, but do you know if the H105 will actually fit in the R4? Some guy said the H100i has "issues" out of the box sometimes and that the H105 typically doesn't. 

Which...from reviews actually seems pretty accurate. 

The H105 should fit fine as long as you dont do push+pull fans

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The H105 should fit fine as long as you dont do push+pull fans

The R4 can't even do regular Push+Pull with the H100i so I know about that already lol. 

Also yeah, just because I saw this video and the heat sinks don't seem that much bigger than on the Z97-A I'm buying. 

The R4 can't even do regular Push+Pull with the H100i so I know about that already lol. 

Also yeah, just because I saw this video and the heat sinks don't seem that much bigger than on the Z97-A I'm buying. 

Yeah it will be ok

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yep this^

The high performance versions are loud as fuck.

The quiet editions are loud.

I have 5 sp 120 qe in my rig and they are not audible at 5v.

They're not much louder than my previous gentle typhoons at 7 and 12 volts.

They are not loud whatsoever.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Yeah it will be ok

Although, I've heard having the fans under the rad like that, pushing air out, isn't exactly the best idea as it attracts dust/dirt more. Which...I think Linus's video talking about Push/Pull and Push+Pull configs showed his rad had tons of dust inside it because it was setup that way. 

Although, I've heard having the fans under the rad like that, pushing air out, isn't exactly the best idea as it attracts dust/dirt more. Which...I think Linus's video talking about Push/Pull and Push+Pull configs showed his rad had tons of dust inside it because it was setup that way. 

As long as you use fan filters and positive airflow you will be fine.

Spoiler

As long as you use fan filters and positive airflow you will be fine.

....Sorry for dragging on this conversation for so long, but uhm...I'm going to be a first time water user...so I have no idea what that stuff means. xD

....Sorry for dragging on this conversation for so long, but uhm...I'm going to be a first time water user...so I have no idea what that stuff means. xD

Put fan filers on fans that are pulling air into the case.

have more fans blowing air in than pulling out

Spoiler

Well Horizontally is what I'm going for. What's wrong with them when you place them like that? 

It shortens the life span of the fan and makes a grinding noise. It's something to do with the way the bearing is lubricated I believe.