UFO/Aliens?

Guest Philosophy

the area I live in recently has had a quite a few UFO reports its even been on the news. People say they are seeing balls of light or triangles that fly in ways that planes cannot. What is your opinion?

If you make people more clever, they will make up less things :P

I take it you don't beleive... I live in an area with a high university graduate percentage.

I have never seen a UFO but I've seen what could have been an alien, whatever it was it wasn't human and it wasn't normal and I doubt anybody would believe me if I told the story

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

I think they need to lay off the bong and get a life.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I don't believe them. At all.

If a race of beings are intelligent enough to get to earth undetected they wouldn't be making crop circles or they wouldn't leave any witness at all whatsoever if they did not want to be discovered. 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I always found baffling that people believe that if aliens were to show up they would be teasing us with glimpses of their presence.

When the Spanish discovered America, they didn't sort of just sailed their boats back and forth from the shore to tease the natives. They landed and planted a big fecking flag and decimated the local population.

So no, I don't believe in alien ships visiting our planet. People see what they want to see.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

If aliens existed, we'd be dead, or under captivity by them. 

There are multiple games and movies illustrating a much more likely situation of the presence of aliens. 

They discover us > Kill us all

Done.

Edit:

Maybe the most likely situations are of Halo and The War of the Worlds.

Either they come along, and just decimate our entire colonisation (whether that is just on Earth or further), or enslave us for their uses. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I have never seen a UFO but I've seen what could have been an alien, whatever it was it wasn't human and it wasn't normal and I doubt anybody would believe me if I told the story

I'm curious to hear the story.

Although if there are aliens that can travel great distances to earth would they really be so nice as to not make us all their slaves? Or are they being somehow kept from wiping out/enslaving an entire planet? Of course I wouldn't be surprised if tin foil hats thought aliens had somehow enslaved us without us knowing it...

If aliens existed, we'd be dead, or under captivity by them. 

There are multiple games and movies illustrating a much more likely situation of the presence of aliens. 

They discover us > Kill us all

Done.

That's not true, you are operating under the assumption they are like us in any way. Not even mentally, but biologically they could be different than us on so many levels. for instance on another planet some form of life could conceivably evolve from something comparable to insects with a Queen/worker hierarchy or some form of intelligent microscopic life could have formed. It is naive to assume another form of life are remotely similar to us.

No offense but games and movies are not exactly the best things to base your opinions off of :P

I'm curious to hear the story.

Although if there are aliens that can travel great distances to earth would they really be so nice as to not make us all their slaves? Or are they being somehow kept from wiping out/enslaving an entire planet? Of course I wouldn't be surprised if tin foil hats thought aliens had somehow enslaved us without us knowing it...

What if aliens control the worlds governments... Spooky

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Guess it's time to finally make that tin foil hat :P

That's not true, you are operating under the assumption they are like us in any way. Not even mentally, but biologically they could be different than us on so many levels. for instance on another planet some form of life could conceivably evolve from something comparable to insects with a Queen/worker hierarchy or some form of intelligent microscopic life could have formed. It is naive to assume another form of life are remotely similar to us.

I wouldn't base your opinions off of games and movies :P

I wasn't assuming that they would be similar to use, almost all iterations of aliens invading human colonisation have similarities to us with legs, arms and other physical appearances and functions, but I'd think that if any unknown alien race were to exist than they would be significantly more complex and different to us. And they'd also have to be more advanced, because if we were the ones who are more technologically advanced then we wouldn't be the ones who are being invaded, instead we'd be the ones invading. 

ermahgerd, iloomenarty

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

I wasn't assuming that they would be similar to use, almost all iterations of aliens invading human colonisation have similarities to us with legs, arms and other physical appearances and functions, but I'd think that if any unknown alien race were to exist than they would be significantly more complex and different to us. And they'd also have to be more advanced, because if we were the ones who are more technologically advanced then we wouldn't be the ones who are being invaded, instead we'd be the ones invading. 

Well what I am saying is basically the differences between ourselves and "them" could conceivably be too great for us to even have any sort of understanding of the other species.

A few examples of this would be if they were not even a carbon based organism(silicon based organisms are theorized to be possible, the Aliens from the "Alien" movies are silicon based), and as such they don't bother going to earth in the first place because they don't see any resources of value there since oxygen itself would more than likely be toxic to them(oxidization). Or if they simply exist on a totally different scale than us, as in they are the size of ants or they are the size of mountains. Or if they evolved with a queen/worker hierarchy to the point where they simply don't understand individuality or any other "human" concept. Or any combination of those factors. 

If we ever get destroyed by another race, or we destroy another form of life I would imagine it would be more likely to be due to some misunderstanding rather than malicious intent when taking into account the potentially infinite degree of biodiversity. 

Yeah I have actually put a lot of thought into this, I am kinda weird like that.

it is unknown until it is known, all assumptions are irrelevant and and not scientific

are we not aliens to everything but earth?

Well what I am saying is basically the differences between ourselves and "them" could conceivably be too great for us to even have any sort of understanding of the other species.

A few examples of this would be if they were not even a carbon based organism(silicon based organisms are theorized to be possible, the Aliens from the "Alien" movies are silicon based), and as such they don't bother going to earth in the first place because they don't see any resources of value there since oxygen itself would more than likely be toxic to them(oxidization). Or if they simply exist on a totally different scale than us, as in they are the size of ants or they are the size of mountains. Or if they evolved with a queen/worker hierarchy to the point where they simply don't understand individuality or any other "human" concept. Or any combination of those factors. 

If we ever get destroyed by another race, or we destroy another form of life I would imagine it would be more likely to be due to some misunderstanding rather than malicious intent when taking into account the potentially infinite degree of biodiversity. 

Yeah I have actually put a lot of thought into this, I am kinda weird like that.

I can see that lol, I can't see a day (decade, millennia, whatever you want) where any type of foreign race encounters ours. 

I bet our solar system will have been destroyed by our sun going supernova before such time of an alien encounter.

Then the reasoning behind that falls into how freakin huge the Universe is, and where it starts, and how everything came to be, and what happened before the start of the Big Bang (my accepted theory of how the Universe was created, though I believe that it cannot be completely true because, well, we don't have any certain substance on the matter) and then what other systems and elements (not specifically referring to matter) exist. 

Maybe I should stop lol. 

I can see that lol, I can't see a day (decade, millennia, whatever you want) where any type of foreign race encounters ours. 

I bet our solar system will have been destroyed by our sun going supernova before such time of an alien encounter.

Then the reasoning behind that falls into how freakin huge the Universe is, and where it starts, and how everything came to be, and what happened before the start of the Big Bang (my accepted theory of how the Universe was created, though I believe that it cannot be completely true because, well, we don't have any certain substance on the matter) and then what other systems and elements (not specifically referring to matter) exist. 

Maybe I should stop lol. 

Yeah I think we are getting a little too deep for LTT, QUICK GET THE CAT GIFS!

255.gif

Yeah I think we are getting a little too deep for LTT, QUICK GET THE CAT GIFS!

If you say so :D

The people who have no idea what we are talking about:

Confused-cat-2.jpg

That wasn't a GIF, but you need to.......

tumblr_lgczf9sKk01qdcwr4.gif

well now you have to tell the story. i want a thread linked about your story by sunday. ill be waiting. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

There's unexplained stuff in the sky. However attributing it to aliens seems as primitive as when people attributed rain to a supreme being preoccupied with rain: it's not an explanation it's a cop out

-------

Current Rig

-------