UFO/Aliens?

Guest Philosophy

This with aliens on earth is bullshit, but i am pretty sure that somewhere out in space there is other life than humans.

I can see that lol, I can't see a day (decade, millennia, whatever you want) where any type of foreign race encounters ours. 

I bet our solar system will have been destroyed by our sun going supernova before such time of an alien encounter.

Then the reasoning behind that falls into how freakin huge the Universe is, and where it starts, and how everything came to be, and what happened before the start of the Big Bang (my accepted theory of how the Universe was created, though I believe that it cannot be completely true because, well, we don't have any certain substance on the matter) and then what other systems and elements (not specifically referring to matter) exist. 

Maybe I should stop lol. 

It's more likely that we'll encounter aliens than our sun going supernova lol.

That was me playing with a laser pointer :D

2cppxyp.jpg

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

It's more likely that we'll encounter aliens than our sun going supernova lol.

So the probability of an unknown race that probably is only able to live in an environment that is available millions of light years away as apposed to the certainty of our sun becoming a red giant in ~5 billion years which will last about another 2 billion years, and then a white dwarf, and then into a black dwarf. 

Actually just found out that our sun does not have the required mass to undergo a supernova, unless it draws mass from another star while it is a white dwarf. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

If aliens existed, we'd be dead, or under captivity by them. 

There are multiple games and movies illustrating a much more likely situation of the presence of aliens. 

They discover us > Kill us all

Done.

Edit:

Maybe the most likely situations are of Halo and The War of the Worlds.

Either they come along, and just decimate our entire colonisation (whether that is just on Earth or further), or enslave us for their uses.

A sophisticated enough society to get here would -i hope- likely be peace loving and/or traders that way we can be friends and make money and do stuff together! Think of the Banu from Star Citizen, but then they have the Vanduul to so.....

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

So the probability of an unknown race that probably is only able to live in an environment that is available millions of light years away as apposed to the certainty of our sun becoming a red giant in ~5 billion years which will last about another 2 billion years, and then a white dwarf, and then into a black dwarf. 

Actually just found out that our sun does not have the required mass to undergo a supernova, unless it draws mass from another star while it is a white dwarf. 

Yay, you found out about the mass thing  :D

But if another star gets close to our sun, maybe it has a planet with life on it orbiting that star?

I am sure they saw UFOs  :rolleyes: .

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Was quite surprised when I did lol, I know an alright amount about astronomy but I thought all stars explode as a supernova eventually :P

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

If aliens existed, we'd be dead, or under captivity by them. 

There are multiple games and movies illustrating a much more likely situation of the presence of aliens. 

They discover us > Kill us all

Done.

Edit:

Maybe the most likely situations are of Halo and The War of the Worlds.

Either they come along, and just decimate our entire colonisation (whether that is just on Earth or further), or enslave us for their uses. 

Well, they could be peaceful... but either way even if they didn't want to make contact, we wouldn't see anything anyway, so these lights are certainly not ufos.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

But if another star gets close to our sun, maybe it has a planet with life on it orbiting that star?

If a star approached the sun enough for the planets to come close enough for us to reach, there wouldn't be any planets anymore.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well, they could be peaceful... but either way even if they didn't want to make contact, we wouldn't see anything anyway, so these lights are certainly not ufos.

Certainly not, just as if someone was trying to spy on another, the spyerer doesn't wear a hi-vis shirt or have a high powered light shining at the person.

It's not as if I know that from experience though.......

I think the people in your area are misinterpreting things or lying, just like everyone else who claims to have seen aliens.

With that being said, I think they exist. I find it very very hard to believe that we are alone in this huge universe. The vast size explains why I think they exist, and why they haven't contacted us (or we been able to contact them) yet. Even if you're super fast at inspecting grains of sand, going through an entire beach will take quite a lot of time if you do it one grain at a time.

the area I live in recently has had a quite a few UFO reports its even been on the news.

People say they are seeing balls of light or triangles that fly in ways that planes cannot. What is your opinion

fair question friend ^_^

Well what I am saying is basically the differences between ourselves and "them" could conceivably be too great for us to even have any sort of understanding of the other species.

A few examples of this would be if they were not even a carbon based organism(silicon based organisms are theorized to be possible, the Aliens from the "Alien" movies are silicon based), and as such they don't bother going to earth in the first place because they don't see any resources of value there since oxygen itself would more than likely be toxic to them(oxidization). Or if they simply exist on a totally different scale than us, as in they are the size of ants or they are the size of mountains. Or if they evolved with a queen/worker hierarchy to the point where they simply don't understand individuality or any other "human" concept. Or any combination of those factors. 

If we ever get destroyed by another race, or we destroy another form of life I would imagine it would be more likely to be due to some misunderstanding rather than malicious intent when taking into account the potentially infinite degree of biodiversity. 

Yeah I have actually put a lot of thought into this, I am kinda weird like that.

i love the silicon based life theory :D long time i don't see this discussion friend (yeah, this may be to much for LTT)

I am sure they saw UFOs  :rolleyes: .

it's funny how unarguably is that statement friend :lol:

yes, they saw an unidentified flying object ^_^

Until some civilian shoots down a "ship" and it crash lands in the middle of a town, it is all misleading and speculation to me but i do watch Unsealed: Alien Files with a rubber mallet though.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I actually own a ufo.. I AM GOD you see

I don't believe them. At all.

If a race of beings are intelligent enough to get to earth undetected they wouldn't be making crop circles or they wouldn't leave any witness at all whatsoever if they did not want to be discovered. 

What if they would be secretly trolling us?

What if? Just think about it... Trolling taken onto a whole another level.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

http://bit.ly/1x0gsSN

Well I don't know but NASA says first contact will be in 20 years.

I think if NASA says something, they wont just make it up...

It could be in a year, in ten or in 20.

I think after first contact nothing will ever be the same....

Complete destruction haha

We need more Dubstep-Bass-Cannons!

Excision?! Where are you?!

http://bit.ly/1x0gsSN

Well I don't know but NASA says first contact will be in 20 years.

I think if NASA says something, they wont just make it up...

It could be in a year, in ten or in 20.

I think after first contact nothing will ever be the same....

Complete destruction haha

We need more Dubstep-Bass-Cannons!

Excision?! Where are you?!

Another possible thing: maybe NASA had a theory that the first contact may be made in 20 years (keyword: 'may'), but news transforming the word "may" to "will", like news have a tendency of doing...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.