Anyone still sticking with team red?

Sammael

Nvidia still very expensive for the raw performance you get.

As long as Nvidia keeps it's pricing policy, I'm sticking to AMD.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

I will go with whoever makes the best gpu for the price, but I also understand that if AMD becomes irrelevant then GPU development will stagnate and prices will probably go up. A monopoly for Nvidia would be bad for everyone. We haven't gotten to that point yet but we could be headed that way.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

It's a bit of a meaningless argument, comparable to arguing PS4 vs Xbox One during that one week when the former was out and the latter wasn't last November (or vice-versa here in the UK). Nvidia have launched two cards, and from initial reviews and reactions both appear to be very good, the 970 seems a great price:performance card in particular. But it's not as if AMD have spent the year sitting on their hands; their cards are going to come and come sometime soon likely (I personally think January), and then appropriate comparisons can be made.

When it comes to a GPU purchase, I'll do what's right by my wallet.

The price premium just isn't worth it unless your trying to squeeze out as many fps as you can at ultra high res, and even then if you can live with the warmer temps of a 290x then why would you go green? i just couldn't justify the extra 100 or so bucks for the GTX. Only reason i would go over to the green team is that reference cooler :P  but that is an awful big difference in price for a cooler. Better putting that money towards a custom water loop to get the most out of a 290x imo  :D     

CPU - i5 4690K l GPU - XFX R9 280X l MoBo - ASUS Maximus vii Ranger l RAM - 8GB Vengeance Pro l PSU - Corsair CX750l HDD - Seagate Barracuda l CPU Cooler - Custom Water loop Case - Corsair Air 540 l OS - Windows 7 l Mouse - Mad C.A.T.Z RAT 3 l KeyBoard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma 

If AMD can come up with a GPU that's much faster than GTX980 with the same price, I'm on. 

p.s. I use cards from both green and read camps. No fanboy here.

I use both. I have zero reason to upgrade from a watercooled 290 currently, as the hawaii core is super power efficient when kept cool, and overclocks enough that only a 980, Titan or 780Ti beats it.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

My girls aren't going anywhere soon :D

10639436_10202657605870500_4851715744709

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz, 1.3v with Corsair H100i - Motherboard: MSI MPOWER Z97 MAX AC - RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ares @ 2133 - GPU1: Sapphire Radeon R9-290X BF4 Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 GPU2: PowerColor Radeon R9-290X OC Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 - SSD: 256GB OCZ Agility 4 - HDD: 1TB Samsung HD103SJ- PSU: SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1300w  - Case: NZXT Switch 810 (White) - Case fans: NZXT Blue LED Fans- Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Gaming Keyboard - Mouse: Logitech G600 - Heaphones: Logitech G930 - Monitors: ASUS PB287Q and Acer G246HYLbd -  Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

On the gpu side I favour nvidia slightly more as the amd cards I have had have been really noisy and its not like the coolers were bad.

I honestly really want amd to get back into the processor game they are just letting intel control the market and it might be too late for them to make a comeback now. Even for a budget I would reccomend a pentium and a decent motherboard so you can ugrade in the future to an i5 / i7, I would only reccomend amd if you plan on not upgrading and need a cheap processor.

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1

Not been PC mustard race for long, so i've only had two cards so far. GTX660 and 780.

Don't really care whether my cards are red or green, just whether they perform and i can get them for a decent price in my region.

I really should try to get an AMD card at some point along the upgrade line though, never hurts to try.

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 | 2x4GB kingston hyper-x genesis @1600MHz | Gigabyte windforce GTX 780 3xOC rev.2 | 240GB kingston v300 & 500GB seagate 7200rpm | 

Corsair GS600 |  1440p Dell U2515H & 1080p 60Hz tv/monitor | Asetek based AIO 120mm liquid cpu cooler

They look great but I'm fine with my r9 290 :) does me well

Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2

Mouse: R.A.T 5

Monitor: LG 24EN33

I have two r9 280x right now; I will look into which company's product to choose from AFTER my cards become unable to play games at 1080p 60fps standard.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Still sticking to my 290 till it dies, then i'll buy a 390.

Pure fanboi here, the only Nvidia card i ever had was a 8400GS 

AMDs profits will be hurt if they have to add and AIO to every high level card while keeping prices lower than Nvidia.

True but I don't think they're that expensive to add, really. If you think about how much say a Corsair retails for, cost is much less, and then manufacturing cost much less than that.

They're in a partnership with Asetek so I imagine they get a pretty good deal on them.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I will probably be alone, but I am a confessed AMD fanboy, and I am still rooting for them.  Our numbers are few, and even our Linus overlords are firmly in the green camp when it comes to personal rigs and preferences, but that is ok, we few can still be our own men.

But be honest.  How many of you are bolting for those 970s?

I really like AMD Radeon but I also value logic and price/performance what you get for the money. Fact is nvidia hit a home run with Maxwell 9xx series and that is why I bought a 970 cause it the best not matter how you look at it.

True but I don't think they're that expensive to add, really. If you think about how much say a Corsair retails for, cost is much less, and then manufacturing cost much less than that.

They're in a partnership with Asetek so I imagine they get a pretty good deal on them.

AMD has enough buying power to absorb the costs of AIO coolers and buy in bulk to the effect of getting the coolers for free after the first day of sales really.

I really like AMD Radeon but I also value logic and price/performance what you get for the money. Fact is nvidia hit a home run with Maxwell 9xx series and that is why I bought a 970 cause it the best not matter how you look at it.

Can you give examples and numbers to show this?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

look at the reviews man LOL. It performs as good or better than all the last gen parts and it does it for less money than the last gen R9 290 which was the place holder of best price/performance. Logic would dictate what ? Let me here it !

From what I've seen the 970 is doing on par with the 290 and beating it in some, never going below it either.

look at the reviews man LOL. It performs as good or better than all the last gen parts and it does it for less money than the last gen R9 290 which was the place holder of best price/performance. Logic would dictate what ? Let me here it !

From what I've seen the 970 is doing on par with the 290 and beating it in some, never going below it either.

From what I just researched, they trade blows (i.e. one is better in some games while the other is better in some games) and so is generally equal while the price difference is $10 for the cheapest ones found on PC Part Picker, leaning towards the 970. 

So I fail to see where it's the 970 is the best choice or how Nvidia hit a homerun. Unless your requirements for best & homerun are very low. Which I could understand them being low considering each new GPU cycle is such a negligible increase in performance. The most notably huge change I've seen since the 7970/680 generation was adding more VRAM to handle 4K. Which is sad, honestly.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

LOL take off the rosy AMD Red tinted glasses LOL.

From what I just researched, they trade blows (i.e. one is better in some games while the other is better in some games) and so is generally equal while the price difference is $10 for the cheapest ones found on PC Part Picker, leaning towards the 970. 

So I fail to see where it's the best or how they hit a homerun.

From what i have seen you guys proclaiming R9 290 equality don't even have anything like links to your wild claims to back up your wild claims.

LOL take off the rosy AMD Red tinted glasses LOL.

Lol you're saying that to someone who doesn't like Amd hahahahaha. Gtfo

Lol you're saying that to someone who doesn't like Amd hahahahaha. Gtfo

Sure bud sure. Post some links to where the 970 is weaker than the 290 then otherwise GTFO !