Anyone still sticking with team red?

Sammael

Sure bud sure. Post some links to where the 970 is weaker than the 290 then otherwise GTFO !

I've never seen any, so I can't. And the 970 is better

I've never seen any, so I can't. And the 970 is better

So then why say "From what I've seen the 970 is doing on par with the 290 and beating it in some" if the 970 is better in which it most definatly is with out a doubt and is why I bought it rather than the R9 290 which is still a beast but sadly got dethroned as price/performance king of kings.

So then why say "From what I've seen the 970 is doing on par with the 290 and beating it in some" if the 970 is better in which it most definatly is with out a doubt and is why I bought it rather than the R9 290 which is still a beast but sadly got dethroned as price/performance king of kings.

Since its beating it in some, must mean it's better. I don't know what's so hard to understand here lololol

Since its beating it in some, must mean it's better. I don't know what's so hard to understand here lololol

Ok cite your sources or you be trolling.

Team Green. I don't want a heater lmfao.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Ok cite your sources or you be trolling.

Are you serious? You and I are both saying the 970 is better, so you want me to post sources to prove something we both agree on?

I saw some bad results where the 290 wins but this was one title , the other nvidia cards were bottom stacked.......guessing the scores were either bugged out (due to those early drivers) or it's a non-nvidia title.

Might have been techpowerup, but can't really remember I looked around at a lot of 970 reviews.

Just putting it out there...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Team Green. I don't want a heater lmfao.

Typical green team joke.....with third party coolers, AMD card do not run that hot, and noise level depends on cooler used and brand.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Typical green team joke.....with third party coolers, AMD card do not run that hot, and noise level depends on cooler used and brand.

Ya Sapphier Tri-X runs 10c cooler than nvidia. crap that's hot LOl.

I was kidding I know it's a bad joke. It is true though. AMD cards run hotter. Regardless of the cooler they will put out more heat.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

From what i have seen you guys proclaiming R9 290 equality don't even have anything like links to your wild claims to back up your wild claims.

>Won't give links

>Demands links

lolno

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I would like to jump on the 900 series bandwagon except for the price in New Zealand, my lack of money, and that I doubt I could get half what I paid for my 280X.

I would like to jump on the 900 series bandwagon except for the price in New Zealand, my lack of money, and that I doubt I could get half what I paid for my 280X.

Ah 280X is still a strong card.

I can see myself going intel soon for a CPU, assuming no major break throughs from AMD on that front. However, for the GPU side, I still am plenty happy with my R9 290. I may eventually water cool it/get a better cooler somehow, but the performance I get for how much I paid is all I could ask for, and the fact that these cards are going on a year old and still hold their own against what Nvidia's got from a performance/dollar standpoint (albeit at higher power/heat levels, but that doesn't really matter to me much), I can't see myself going Nvidia in the next few years. If I need more performance, I've got the room in my case and the overhead on my PSU, so I'll probably just try and find a relatively inexpensive r9 290 and give crossfire a shot. 

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

Ah 280X is still a strong card.

Of course, especially since I'm gaming at 1080p. Not sure what I'll do with it once I decide to upgrade. Perhaps I'll offload it to my brother.

True but I don't think they're that expensive to add, really. If you think about how much say a Corsair retails for, cost is much less, and then manufacturing cost much less than that.

They're in a partnership with Asetek so I imagine they get a pretty good deal on them.

I hope your right. Everybody should be praying for competition. Thats what made Nvidia slash their prices last time, plus adding a pretty insane game bundle for last christmas too.

Edit: and we have a winner

24521AVLG5.jpg

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Will be getting a 295x2, because mITX, unless 990 comes soon ( and i want my guaranteed freesync as well )