Does anyone know where I can get an GTX 970 with reference cooler? Love that Titan look...

That's sad to hear, makes me want to get a 980...

Now to the hard decision, should i get a 970 or 980, my wallet says 970 but my brain says 980 :wacko:

Same boat here

According to EVGA, the 970 will not have the titan style cooler

It doesn't, just check out EVGAs site. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

FFS I just wish they would make it so the lower end cards have the nice ass cooler that the 690, 780, 980, and titan use. I just want that damned LED-ness >.<

Not going to be able to afford the 500+ range cards for a while. Please stop making the lower end cards look like crap.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I see!!  Well, they better come out with something quick otherwise they will fall way behind.  No matter how aggressive AMD becomes, Nvidia always manages to steal their thunder..lol!   Competition is bliss.

I'm ready to upgrade my gtx 670SC 4gb and was waiting for a gpu with hdmi 2.0/4gb of ram and thank God the 900 series delivers in spades.

well thats kinda the question, if the rumoured spec´s are right, the 390X will get allmost twice as much shader units then the 980.

So im realy excited about that. ;)

I'm pleasantly surprised! However, I'll wait another year before tossing my 290... 20nm GM210 here I come!

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Well just put in my step up request with EVGA for the 980 reference design. Plan on adding a second after the new year.

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Omg, I need Gigabyte to keep doing 770s for about a year so I can go SLI for low prices !

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Oh my God, I need this Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce OC - IT LOOKS SO SICK!

Sorry gf and relatives, no gifts this christmas.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Oh good, now I don't have to waste that extra $400 on 2 780tis

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

What I'd like to see is a comparison between the 980 and sli 970's at 1080p and 1440p. In both single monitor and 3x monitor surround.  Been waiting on the 900 release for my next upgrade. 

this is my dream graphic card. i mean if i get this, that would be my best day.but me no money

Linus u should really do a gameplay of any kind of new gen game with this graphic card

it wont matter how good of a player u are, i just wanna see how it runs in a gameplay,

the benchmark is great, but its not good enough for ppl like me. 

benchmark only shows how good it is compared to other graphic cards, but it wont show how it actually runs in a game.

So add a gameplay!

30% reduction in power consumption is very impressive, especially without switching from 28nm to 20nm. This will not only reduce the power that your PC consumes, it will also reduce the power your air conditioning unit takes by a considerable amount.

Now imagine what they can do with 20nm..

I think after the AMD 390x launch we will see a GTX 980 ti (Déjà vu). But this time I believe they are keeping the cream of the crop (GM210 + 384 or 512 bit wide memory bus, More likely 384) to the Titan branding like the original titan was before the GTX 780 and AMD's way of competing will be a dual GPU card. Maybe they will wait for 20nm to release that next titan, but that is not much in Nvidia's power, it's all about TSMC and their delays. Although I believe that will not be that long since they already do 20nm for SoC's.

@Eyal

I'd be quite pleased to see a 512 bit memory bus from Nvidia, but it probably isn't going to happen.

I would have liked to see more memory on the 980 than the 970 as well. Not that I need 4GB or more, I just expect more differences between the cards.

I'm totally going to buy one...

In need of an upgrade

Spoiler

Well I'm happy to see that the Zotac Rumor of this card being $700+ was wrong :). But I'll still have to wait for a sale.

If only we all could afford 8 SSD's in Raid 0  :wub:

30% reduction in power consumption is very impressive, especially without switching from 28nm to 20nm. This will not only reduce the power that your PC consumes, it will also reduce the power your air conditioning unit takes by a considerable amount.
Now imagine what they can do with 20nm..

I think after the AMD 390x launch we will see a GTX 980 ti (Déjà vu). But this time I believe they are keeping the cream of the crop (GM210 + 384 or 512 bit wide memory bus, More likely 384) to the Titan branding like the original titan was before the GTX 780 and AMD's way of competing will be a dual GPU card. Maybe they will wait for 20nm to release that next titan, but that is not much in Nvidia's power, it's all about TSMC and their delays. Although I believe that will not be that long since they already do 20nm for SoC's.

While Nvidia focuses on less power consumption, AMD on the contrary increases, lol

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

My 780 is outdated

But seriously, how much can I sell my 780 for?

Only used for 1.5months

And also, they havent released the GPU yet....

I don't know if someone else hasn't told you, but see if your card is available for the EVGA step up program.

http://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

The biggest thing here that  a lot of people seem to be missing is that nvidia has beaten amd in the price/performance game.

Well my evga gtx 550Ti has served me well, Now it's time to retire it and get a gtx 970. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i