Yeah... i really need this...

*looks at bills* 

*looks at no food in cupboard*

But hey at least i'll have a sweet video card!

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

I don't know if someone else hasn't told you, but see if your card is available for the EVGA step up program.

http://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

Can I do it if I didn't register my warranty and bought my GPU in June 27th or so.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Can I do it if I didn't register my warranty and bought my GPU in June 27th or so.

First of all, why wouldn't you register your warranty?  :huh:

Second, here's a quote from EVGA answering your question, which is on the webpage I linked you;

• Register your Limited Lifetime Warranty product purchased new from an authorized reseller within 90 days of your original purchase date.
  • Register your qualifying 3 Year Warranty product purchased new from an authorized reseller within 14 days of your original purchase date.
  • If you should happen to miss your 14 day registration window on your qualifying 3 Year Warranty product then you may also purchase an extended warranty within 90 days of your original purchase date to enable the Step-Up option.

So, to clarify, if your 780 is "Limited Lifetime Warranty", then you can register within 90 days(so, right now you can still do it). But if your 780 is only a 3 year warranty and you didn't register within 14 days of the original purchase date, then you need to buy their Limited Lifetime Warranty for the card, register it, and then queue up for their Step Up program.

Also;

Current cutoff for products purchased is 6/21/2014 in order to submit a request today. Products purchased on or after this date may be eligible for the Step-Up program.

So if you bought your 780 on June 27th(6/27/2014), then you should get your ass in gear immediately as you only have a week tops to get in queue.

Finally here's the extended warranty page if you so need it: http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/extended.asp

If you're having trouble determining what your card's warranty is, then consult this webpage: http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/

You need the exact model number and SKU of the card, not one that looks similar. The exact one you bought from whatever store back in June.

If you need anymore help, I suggest posting in the Video Card section of the forum due to I myself have never had to use the Step Up program, so I can't give you my experience, but I know enough of the program to give you the information yourself.

Best of luck.

First of all, why wouldn't you register your warranty?  :huh:

Second, here's a quote from EVGA answering your question, which is on the webpage I linked you;

So, to clarify, if your 780 is "Limited Lifetime Warranty", then you can register within 90 days(so, right now you can still do it). But if your 780 is only a 3 year warranty and you didn't register within 14 days of the original purchase date, then you need to buy their Limited Lifetime Warranty for the card, register it, and then queue up for their Step Up program.

Also;

So if you bought your 780 on June 27th(6/27/2014), then you should get your ass in gear immediately as you only have a week tops to get in queue.

Finally here's the extended warranty page if you so need it: http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/extended.asp

If you're having trouble determining what your card's warranty is, then consult this webpage: http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/

You need the exact model number and SKU of the card, not one that looks similar. The exact one you bought from whatever store back in June.

If you need anymore help, I suggest posting in the Video Card section of the forum due to I myself have never had to use the Step Up program, so I can't give you my experience, but I know enough of the program to give you the information yourself.

Best of luck.

Well, turns out I had bought the card on the 15th :(

I posted a support ticket though, so hopefully they'll respond with something helpful...

Oh, and if my 3 year limited warranty is going to expire in 2 days, will I be able to get an extended warranty after the 3 year limited is over? 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Just as I had thought... 8800GTX vs 9800GTX all over again, except more Ram this time instead of less.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

well I`m saving money right now to build my first proper gaming rig so I guess I`ll go with a 980 over a 780ti and save then money... or maybe spend more and get a second one... my wallet hates me so much but mastercard loves me!

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

well I`m saving money right now to build my first proper gaming rig so I guess I`ll go with a 980 over a 780ti and save then money... or maybe spend more and get a second one... my wallet hates me so much but mastercard loves me!

if you go for single 980 i'd suggest you take a look at dual 970s.

From the benches i've seen for the 970 SLI it should easily beat any single core card. And considering 2 970s only cost like 100 more than a single 980 i'd go with them, except if you want to get dual 980s later anyways.

hopefully we get a review on the 970 from linus soon :)

Ordered the Gigabyte from the Amazon link above, $549, shipped in 2-4 weeks, sweeeeet. I JUST got the 780Ti Asus Matrix Platinum which is a beast and pretty too, but, in my mITX with 450W, running that with a 4790K hurts. This 980 should cure those underpowered SFX PSU blues. Also, when DX12 is out, I am assuming that the 980/970 will get another big boost in performance, if DX12 is like mantle as I have previously read, except I would expect DX12 to get more traction in the next year or two of course.

Your temps and noise should really improve moving from open air to blower and lowering power draw. :) Anandtech was pretty stoked on the 980s quiet fan curve. Don't forget to keep me posted on your m8.

2014 - EVGA 780 SC ACX | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | VGA248QE | Fractal Define r4

2015 - EVGA 980 | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X41 | Asus ProArt 1080p IPS | Fractal Define r4

2017 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 6600K | Strix z270e | Trident DDR4 3GHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X42 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair Crystal 460x

2021 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 5600X | Strix B550-F | Trident Neo DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | Dark Power Pro 12 1500W | EK AIO Basic 360 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2023 - Asus TUF 4090 | 5800X3D | Strix B550-F | Viper DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | RM1000x | h150i 360 Elite LCD | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Your temps and noise should really improve moving from open air to blower and lowering power draw. :) Anandtech was pretty stoked on the 980s quiet fan curve. Don't forget to keep me posted on your m8.

Will do, I am hoping that this will give me room to upgrade that G3258 to a 4790k as well without the other mods I was talking about(and with the 980 ref design I can put the 25mm fans back in too).  I may have to disable HT for now, but that would be OK I think... shouldn't hurt gaming, etc., and once DX12 is out, maybe can turn it back on, I dunno.  One thing I did see after reading Anandtech, I can't run Furmark on the 980 on the M8, it sucks more power than the 780Ti does (almost 300W!) when there is no inconsistent power draw to optimize.  

if you go for single 980 i'd suggest you take a look at dual 970s.

From the benches i've seen for the 970 SLI it should easily beat any single core card. And considering 2 970s only cost like 100 more than a single 980 i'd go with them, except if you want to get dual 980s later anyways.

hopefully we get a review on the 970 from linus soon :)

Yeah I was planning to probably get a second 780ti or 980 later down the road so I would probably got with the 980 over the 970. Amd is having a press release on the 25th so I'll wait and see if that shakes anything else free of the tree of awesome.

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

Loving my 980

1600 core. 3900 memory

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2

Sooo no one is going to talk about the Maxwell-Ampere law that's written on the box? 

f19e0c46e355474b6e6189eb8d562615.png

I see what you did there nVidia! :D

I have a question for you guys:

How loud is the reference cooler compared to Twin Frozr, Gaming G1 and other options?

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

To bad the 780 Ti is discontinued now. Will Updates still be ongoing?

Just a dude who needs one thing for a review.