How do i set a max temp on my 770?

Smooth Bunz

First of all, out of curiosity: WHy only 55C max? 65 is also a very good temp.

Also I think you set the max temp in Nvidia control panel.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I only want my 770 to reach 55C, is there a way to set that as its max temp? 

Either EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

Why would you want to do that?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

First of all, out of curiosity: WHy only 55C max? 65 is also a very good temp.

Also I think you set the max temp in Nvidia control panel.

My room gets hot super fast :( and this thing gets up to 75C I might give 65 a shot if i can figure out how to do it 

ACX cooling sucks and the 770 is like a heater in  my room 

Odd, from what I've heard ACX cooling is much better than the normal cooling from EVGA.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Odd, from what I've heard ACX cooling is much better than the normal cooling from EVGA.

For me it is exactly the same as reference

If your unit with ACX sucks then it is broken. It's supposed to be a fantastic cooler.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

If your unit with ACX sucks then it is broken. It's supposed to be a fantastic cooler.

Its a week old :( My other 770 was the same way (had to return because of a power surge) 

Its a week old :( My other 770 was the same way (had to return because of a power surge) 

Well that's tits. Also just set the max temp to 65C. It's a very good temp. Use EVGA Precision X for this.

Well that's tits. Also just set the max temp to 65C. It's a very good temp. Use EVGA Precision X for this.

I found it in afterburner, I cant wait to get a 980! I WC that bish xD 

My room gets hot super fast :( and this thing gets up to 75C I might give 65 a shot if i can figure out how to do it 

Lower temperatures for your card don`t result in lower temperatures in your room (if you are not overclocking, and still using it the same) the heat output is the same.

The fans are just going to spin faster and therefore cool the card by heating the air around it.

I can do this, I just want some cake. - Linus Sebastian

Reducing the temp will just make the fans run faster and heat up your room more. ACX cooling does not suck. The fact that your room is heating up means the cooler is doing its job.

Graphics card coolers DO NOT reduce your room temperature like air conditioning. They are made to move heat away from the GPU into the air.

If you have heat problems you will either need to downclock your GPU (giving less performance) or buy an air conditioner for your room.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Lower temperatures for your card don`t result in lower temperatures in your room (if you are not overclocking, and still using it the same) the heat output is the same.

The fans are just going to spin faster and therefore cool the card by heating the air around it.

Actually no, My room is pretty cool when im idling/browsing the web but when i play bf4 it gets hot. So it isnt the same temp 

Reducing the temp will just make the fans run faster and heat up your room more. ACX cooling does not suck. The fact that your room is heating up means the cooler is doing its job.

Graphics card coolers DO NOT reduce your room temperature like air conditioning. They are made to move heat away from the GPU into the air.

If you have heat problems you will either need to downclock your GPU (giving less performance) or buy an air conditioner for your room.

I need an AC bad!! 

Actually no, My room is pretty cool when im idling/browsing the web but when i play bf4 it gets hot. So it isnt the same temp 

As far as I know the GPU ramps up for games, then downclocks itself for "normal use"

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Facepalm

That's because web browsing doesn't actually utilize the GPU...

No matter what the temperature of the GPU is, your room will be the same temp. 

If you're GPU is using 250 watts, your room will be 75 degress regardless of your GPU's temp.

That's true, but that's because it's not being used.

When you set a max temp, it just turns up the fans, the same amount of heat is released in to the room

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

^THIS

hint (still using it the same)

it doesn´t matter if your card runs at 50 or 80°C while gaming if it is the same game and the amount of heat is the same only fan speeds will change.

I can do this, I just want some cake. - Linus Sebastian

It wa a simple question you guys dont have to make me feel like a dumb ass, you could be nice about it

It wa a simple question you guys dont have to make me feel like a dumb ass, you could be nice about it

You argued with us, we had to say correct answer

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I only want my 770 to reach 55C, is there a way to set that as its max temp?

You're going to throttle hard at 55C. I have my titans throttle at 70c/70% fans speed max. Played around with alot of temp/fan speed combinations and that seemed to perform the best with least noise. Download EVGA Precision X.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

how did i argue?

You disagreed.

Idk.

We are just helping