1 Million Subscribers - Thank you all! And a giveaway!

I'm mostly a lurker but I do watch most of your videos. Purchased my first computer from NCIX over 12 years ago. Started learning about computers through their forum. Congrats on the 1mil+ subscribers mark and keep up the great high-quality videos.

Linus, your reviews and tips gave me the knowledge and confidence I needed to build my first PC. A couple of years down the track now and I'm on my third build. It has become my new hobby.

Thank you so much for everything you and your team do for the PC enthusiast community. :)

Thanks you Linus Media Group,

Which let me have a huge improvement with My Education Area.

Hope To Join You Guys If possible. 

Love the way you`re presenting your tips and news. Your channel is my No 1 tech news nad tips source of information. Keep going  :) 

you guys have a unique approach to making videos, reviewing and everything else so thats why we (atleast me) like you  :D just keep doing what you do best

Congratulations on getting 1 million subscribers Linus Media group! :D

I discovered the channel way back when I was simply curious about how do PCs work. Later on I fell in love with PC hardware and now I'm slowly buying parts for my first Ever build! Upgrading from a 9 year old rig! Would've built one sooner but as an IT student in eastern Europe prices are High and money is Low which actually leads to a rig which will be built with Much Much Love put into it! ^^ Only have a new PSU (Seasonic M12 Bronze Evo Edition 750W) right now but the rest are on their way!

I also love cats... but no cats in the building area :(

No. Thank you. You guys have given me hours of entertainment and a lot of  knowledge.

You guys REALLY REALLY deserve it ! :) I wish you had as many as pewdiepie,been watching for 4 years now ^^!

This is a reply. I like Mexican food. Don't ever stop what you and your team are doing!!

Congratulations Linus! You really deserve this :D Been here for a longish time and it keeps getting better and better. Good luck to everyone in this giveaway.

I truly am grateful for Linus Tech Tips. I didn't know anything before I found you. Thank you. I would really like a build on a video editing computer. That would make my life complete ☺

I found LinusTechTips when I was looking for an apu pc buld and then I stuck here

I started college a year ago and decided I needed a new computer....Your channel was the first I found and I've been hooked ever since.that's for all of the great content..congratulations for the million subscribers

Congratulations on 1m subscribers! Here's to another million

Edit: You guys were a great help in building my first PC, Queeg 500.

Wow Congratulations Linus

I have to say your videos over the past year and a half have helped me tremendously. as i truly enter the world of pc i had no idea what i was doing and was about to enter 12th grade where i could take pc repair and programming classes which i did and of course i understood the basics of how pcs worked and those classes help a little more in depth but the stuff i need to know they could not teach me neither teacher did pc gaming so they could not help me truly understand graphics card. now here we are almost 2 years later and i now build pcs as a hobby and even made some money helping freinds and family build there pc, pick out parts, or simple pc repair. so i truly have to thank you thanks to LinusTechTips and TechQuicky i feel i have a significant enough amount of knowledge. not to say id stop watch hell im going  to collage for it i found it so interesting.

so thanks to you and your whole team.

and since this is a pc thread ill add in my specs to my custom built pc

i5 3470 (water cooled by a 140xl)

asrock b75m motherboard

16gb of 1600mz gskill value ram

a 750 watt thermaltake psu

a evga sc gtx 780 3gb vram

a asus gtx 750ti 2gb vram (this is my physx card/ old gpu till i could afford the 780)

i got an older 90gb ssd for boot and important files 

and 1tb 7200rpm wd hard drive for storage

all this has been bought and installed over a period of a year and i couldent have done it with out you guys here at LinusTechTips

A system I am building for a friend:

AMD FX-9370

XFX R9 290X Black Double Dissipation (R9-290X-EDBD)
MSI 990FXA-GD65
G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 Kit (F3-1600C8D-8GAB, Ares-serie, XMP, Lite Retail)
Cooler Master V650 Semi-Modular
Crucial MX100 256 GB
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
Bitfenix Shadow

Time to get myself an even more powerful system!

congratulations on 1 mil subs!

When I was 15 years old, three years ago now, I found LinusTechTips. I was going to build my first computer and play my first pc game on this machine (skyrim). I wanted to know how to install a cpu correctly and apply thermal paste. Linus helped me out with that. I became a regular follower since that day.

I cant even remember what the first video i saw was, but i can remember the videos that made me sub. It was the CES content, and actually was partially what helped me decide to get a Ducky keyboard. (I had been looking for a new mech for a long time.)

But i will be out of the country for a month, not back until mid October, but i just wanted to say thanks for the videos you made my time at the office a lot more interesting when i can inter-space it with random videos and content.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I want to congratulate you, Linus, and your team on your success. Above all else - over any of the cool gadgets you have reviewed, or anything and everything I have learned from you - I respect you because of your honesty and integrity. You do not shy away from telling us about the nitty-gritty aspects of your business. You are upfront with your subscribers, and that goes a long way.

I also appreciate the quality of work you put out. I truly believe your videos are among the best on the internet, not just YouTube. They have greatly improved over the years. You can just look back at all of the complete builds you have made; it is the best visual example of how your channel has grown. You have a great, dedicated team and you are truly lucky in this regard.

I started building my first ever PC a few years back and I did not know where to start. So I did what any man would do and Googled the popular products of the time. I noticed your face kept popping up in most of my searches. It did not take me long to realize that I should start "following" you, and it was the best decision I have ever made. You have taught me so much over the years, and you have kept it enjoyable. You are my go-to source for anything tech; I trust you implicitly for your unbiased and in-depth analyses.

I only have one complaint, and that has to do with the LinusTechTips forum. The members (not all BTW) are not as welcoming as they could and should be. It is very intimidating for new comers, and there is this air of elitism that you can sense in a lot of the posts. The whole PC master race imagery is getting old. There is less meaningful conversation about the pros (AND CONS) of PC building/gaming and way more abuse. There is no constructive criticism either, just supercilious insults and self-absorbed attitudes. This needs to change, and unfortunately, it is not just this forum. This disposition has pervaded all aspects of the PC gaming community. Gamers have become a volatile group with ill-imagined entitlement. I do not want to be associated with this type of behavior. I just wish we all can change before it is too late.

Anyway, I hope you keep up the good work and cannot wait until you pass the next milestone in your life.

Cheers!

I remember the first video I watched, it was about Intel processors vs. AMD processors. And I didn't understand a single thing you were saying haha. All those fancy terms like hyperthreading and multicore just made no sense to me. 

But that was two to three years ago. 

But from that point on, I became interested in the world of technology and PCs, and my passion for technology began to develop. 

And it paid of in the long-run, because one and a half years ago, I built my own gaming PC, which is mostly because of your community and your videos. 

And for that, I want to say thank you. Thank you for the awesome videos you made the last couple of years, and I will continue to watch your videos with great pleasure! :)

Oh and by the way, sorry for the long post.

Here, have a potato

post-10275-0-65991700-1410438998.jpg

Thanks for the great giveaway Linus, I believe I first found you looking for advice on building my own PC years ago, as well as when researching hardware for said machine!

Hi Linus, I have to thank you, and the LinusMediaGroup team too from the bottom of my heart. I've been battling depression for 6 years, I've been subscribed to this channel for 4 years and to the others since they were created. You with your personality and your videos have made my less suck so much less at times that I needed it so much... There have been numerous times when the depression hits really hard and I refresh Youtube and there's a new video from this or any other of your channels and I watch it and for at least the duration of the video things get better, and sometimes they get better enough for me not to be so depressed anymore and go on to do something productive. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Linus, Lucke, Edzel, Brandon, Taran and Nick and whoever's name I'm forgetting (sorry :3).