1 Million Subscribers - Thank you all! And a giveaway!

I remember finding LTT when I was researching how to build my PC. Without you guys, it would never have happened. Now I eagerly await any PC news because I love building them now, so much to the point that I try to convince my friends to buy parts so I can build it for them. Again, thank you guys so much for all the work you do.  :)

Thank you for the amazing videos you continue to post. Found your channel maybe 2 years or so ago and just would watch a video here of there, finally subscribed and now you are part of my daily routine when I get home from work. Your videos have fueled the fire to get back into the world of Pc's and give my gaming consoles a very serious look at. By far your build guides and the SuperFun videos are my top favorites. Hoping to finally build a gaming rig in the up coming months and I owe most of my base knowledge from your channel and recently your forum. Thanks again for everything you do.

Congrats Linus, My favorite series by far has to be the wan show. You always have something go wrong but it makes me laugh and you always seem to improvise.

All the best for the future of Linus Media Group!!!

You guys are the best! You deserve it! I love how you guys make informative yet entertaining videos thus making me want to watch every single video you upload. I have learned a lot about PCs just from your contents. More power to Linus Media Group and may the Lord Gaben bless you all! xoxo

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB | MOBO: ASUS P877-M | GPU: PNY GeForce GTX 670 FTW | HDD: 1.3TB Seagate Barracuda | Audio: ASUS Xonar DX | Headphones: Sennheiser HD558 | Mic: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65

Thank you LTT

I found you guys a couple of years ago when I needed to build a new rig after my 2008 q6600 when kaput. Your videos were awesome and helped me choose my parts.

Rig: AMD FX 8350, Asus Sabertooth 990fx, 16gb Corsair Vengence, Gigabyte R9 290 4GB, Noctua NH-12S, Samsung 840 Evo, WD 1TB Black, Corsair C70, Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster SA350, Acer 193w, Mouse: Cyborg RAT 5. Window 7 Pro

Laptop: Asus x75vd, Intel i5 3210M, 8gb RAM, Nvidia 610m 1gb, 750gb hdd

PS2, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox360

Wow! This thread is barely up 3 hours and there is over 170 pages of comments. People sure do want them prizes.  :rolleyes:

Congratulations though to Linus, Luke and the rest of the gang (Edzel, Brandon, Nick and Taran (not sure who 7th guy is)). You've done tremendous work producing great content both in the videos you create and in the WAN show. You've come so far in these past five years. Can't wait to see where you take it for the next five.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

For me to say "Yay you did it!" would be quite arbitrary. You all deserve a pat on the back as you have made LMG what it is today and have easily the best content on the net for News, Tech and Reviews. I started out at about the end of 2012 when I was first looking into building myself a PC and you maintained being the top of every youtube search I made for parts. Originally you were my tech guru for parts I was interested in and I'd only buy what you recommended and boy am I glad of that because you never let me down on anything (apart from when my H100i's pump broke and broke my 770 and Motherboard socket). Still you remain the first tech youtuber I subscribed to back in mid-2013 and from then onwards I can proudly say I've watched every video almost; even stupid things that I'd never be able to afford. I never watched the WAN show as I never felt like watching archives until one day I refreshed youtube and saw the "We're live" video and from that day on I've seen every one I could make, and those that I didn't I watched archives of. Other than NCIX's Netlinked Live you are the only tech show I watch and from you I've subscribed to austin, logan, ncix and a few others but you're always my first click and thats down to your amazing quality of videos.

So I think on behalf of not only all of us but every enthusiast who has been planning a system we thank you for always being there to help us find the best hardware and to save us from buying things you don't recommend. Not only your build guides and giveaways, superfun or techquickies but for everything as they all deserve recognition as high quality tech videos (well, maybe not superfun). 

As I am writing this there are 2,500 members on the forums. Congratulations Linus Media Group. You ALL deserve the recognition you are achieving and I can only wish you the best in the future. Now lets see 1.5 million :)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Good work you guys! Can't quite remember how I got into all the videos but needless to say I'm glad I subscribed :D

I LIKE SPAGHETTOOOO

Also really enjoy your videos, though i do miss the old linus and his classic hair styles :D

Keep on keeping fellas, good job.

Linus, you're the best.

I haven't been watching your videos for that long (only a bit over 6 months) but I've watched every single one of them since.

Are you coming to PAX Aus? Because that would be awesome. Come to PAX Aus. As a wise man once said, "I know you want it (hey hey hey)"

If I win anything it means that nobody else won 

I never got video games for christmas or a computer I could play games on when I was a kid.  My parents always had the: go earn money and buy it yourself, idea.  When I turned 16 I got a job working at a local retail store with a main goal of saving up as much dough as I could to buy an xbox 360 and eventually I moved up and saved to buy my first gaming rig.  At this point I knew very little about building computers and since I didn't know how to make one, I bought a dell.  Now this computer was sweet.  I was rockin a 750 watt power supply to juice up my Q6600 core 2 quad and dual ati radeon hd 2600s with 4 gigs of ram and dual 250g hds in raid 0 running vista 32 bit(garbage OS).  I loved this computer.  It was an xps.  It came in that sweet brushed aluminum case, with headlights showing of the sleek front panels.  That rig was powering my games till about 2 years ago.  I had to replace the power supply, and dell, in it's infinite wisdom, decided to run the motherboard 24 pin connector under the motherboard.  I was so afraid of hurting my computer that I put my new power supply ON TOP of my computer and ran the cables inside and left the panel leaning against it.  I finally did get around to fixing it when one of my newer high school friends who knew more about computers said he'd help me out.  I was having all sorts of problems with windows, so he used an unused windows 7 64 bit serial to get me running again and we fixed my power supply issue lol.  The difference was like night and day.  All the sudden, my OS stopped being a problem, and became just an interface I could snap through like lightning.  My big problem came when I had a pci slot issue.  My pc would only allow me to run 1 graphics card at a time.  It allowed either card, in either slot, but only 1, or it just failed all together.  I'd had plans to download the new adobe suite and get back into video editing after my high school pc class fun ended with ap comp sci, web design and animation.  I decided it was time to upgrade, but I'm to cheap to just go buy a new rig.  I decided I was gonna invest the time and learn how to do some pc building.  I was able to salvage my old power supply, which was still sturdy as ever, my dual hard drives, which became backup internal storage and besides that I just saved the graphics cards, seeing as they were only worth like 20 bucks.  The case was too proprietary and I couldn't build a new rig inside it.  I knew I couldn't skimp on my new hardware though.  Amd had already release 1 or 2 generations of their new fx processors, and I decided that was exactly what I needed.  I picked out the 8150.  It was the newest one at the time and came stock with a 120mm rad.  It was sooooo beastly.  The old fans from my xps were still in a box and I checked them out for shiggles.  These fans are an inch and a half wide, instead of the standard inch.  They use something like 50 watts or more at ramp and push like 200 cfm.  So I took these old power hogs and slapped em on my new rad so I could laugh at any head this new cpu kicked out.  I threw in a gigabyte 7850, 8 gigs of gskill 2133 ram and an msi motherboard (which lied about OC to 2133, it only does 1866) and a 250g samsung ssd.  This year I've really noticed how much better my gameplay could be If I had a 500ish dollar graphics card to bust caps.  I really wanted to go buy a new r9 or a 780, but its just so much money.  On top of that my monitor wasn't even full 1080, or led and only had 60fps.  I had seen a Linus video here and there on the internet, but I never really got invested with any content creators.  In the past 6 months, I have watched and learned more about computers than any other time in my entire life thanks to Linus and a handful of other youtubers you guys are familiar with.  I decided a new gpu won't do much for me if I can't enjoy some faster frames, so I sold the ps4 i had held onto through the destiny beta, which i will only play again if it hits pc, and I took the money to buy a benq gaming monitor.  This thing is sweet, it has 144 fps, 1ms response and I'm using less power because it's LED too.  I even checked that.  In addition, I wanted to squeeze a bit more power out of my current gpu, and then I saw your review of the kraken G10.  I did a bunch of research and figured out its compatible with my cpu rad and I bought an h100i to cool my cpu better for some overclocking on that, and I used the old rad with the g10, on my graphics card.  I actually installed it wrong or something at first.  My temps went up to like 80c, it was bad.  But I got back in there with my noctua thermal paste, and I tried again.  Now this baby runs at 35c capping at 45, even under heavy load.  I took some advice and I bought some copper vram heatsyncs off amazon, just to be safe, since the cooler was removed.  I now use prime95, msi afterburner, coretemp, gputemp, fx chillcontrol for liquid temp, Furmark for gpu stressing, amd overdrive a bit, and unfortunately, corsair link, which sucks.  Why am I telling you my whole friggin life story?  I want you to know how much YOU, and YOUR TEAM, have affected my own life in the most positive and intellectual way possible.  I've now build a handful of sweet gaming rigs for friends and shown them what I know, and how they can do it themselves too.  I get to work electronics a bit in my lame retail job, but I use my knowledge to try and talk people into saving money on better price point products which do more for them, which basically means not buying apple lol.  But on top of all this, I have a friend who's playing dota and dayz on the crappiest little laptop imaginable, which has an ancient nvidia card in it.  Now I've reached about the peak of what I can do with my current rig, and I really wanna try and push some true enthusiast-grade hardware.  My gpu can't do much overclocking, but it would make a massive difference for my friend compared to what he has.  He and his brother are renting a room together, working dead end jobs like me, and all the good advice in the world wont help him buy a new computer.  I truly believe in passing down nice rigs, saving every usable part and learning as much as I can with them.  I definitely don't deserve a rig as sweet as this giveaway, but I can't afford a fraction of what it would cost to buy this type of hardware.  I truly want to learn, try new thing and help the people around me by sharing my knowledge and whatever hardware I can scrounge up.  I wanna apologize for this massive essay you might end up reading lol.  All I ask is a shadow of a chance at this awesome computer.  If nothing else: Linus, I have learned from you and your team.  I feel like I know you and I've never even met you.  I'm really happy for you guys and your success.  Keep up the good work and congratulations,

Your friendly neighborhood Spiderman.

if i win i'll send pizza to linus media. and i'll be realy happy too

Hello to all of you! :)
I found you on YouTube looking for some Pc rig,then i watched one of your videos once and after a couple of days you posted a review of an Pc Case,i liked it and then subscribed.Now i watch every of your videos,every day!
Wish you all the best in the future!

Thats so cool LTT has now 1 Million subscribers. I'm watching your Videos since 2011, and have seen the Quality of your vids rise, see the subscriptions rise, and all that things. I wish you, and the whole LTT Crew, all the best for the future.

Greetings from Germany,

Felix

Oh god the Surface Pro would be such a perfect thing to get, I know so many people don't like those things but having a mobile x86 platform would be soo helpful for school right now. :wub:

I've been following you since the very start, what a trip. Thanks for the opportunity.

Linus Tech Tips video helped me a great deal when I bought my first gaming desktop  computer this summer and your videos also made me interested in computers. Thanks for being a part of my life on a daily basis.

I found LinusTechTips way back when I first started building computers. You guys helped me so much when I built my rig, I don't know how badly I would have screwed up otherwise. It's really nice seeing that this sort of thing can happen, where you can do what you want and be happy doing it. Keep up the great work!

Congratulations on 1,000,000 subscribers and of course thankyou for the giveaway Linus and everybody in the Linus Media Group! I wouldn't have been as well informed or educated about building a PC without you guys. I've been watching your videos for about 2 years now and i enjoyed each one that i watched. I first saw one of your videos through an article at Lifehacker and have been watching your vids ever since. Keep up the great work and hope to continue seeing great content from you guys!

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you all for giving us the opportunity to do a job that we love - a job that is truly one of the best in the world.

http://youtu.be/VBBCA6zKZx4

As thanks, please accept this small token of appreciation - a pretty awesome giveaway for our awesome Linus Tech Tips community members :D

PRIZES

Custom PC Built by Linus, with a case that is "signed and designed" by the Linus Media Group crew

ASUS G550J - One of the laptops used on the HighLANder excursion, signed by Linus Media Group, Tek Syndicate, Austin Evans, and Newegg TV

GIVEAWAY RULES

Post ONCE in this thread to enter. Include whatever you want in the post - how you found Linus Tech Tips, your favourite series or style of video on Linus Tech Tips, what product you would like to see us review in the future, heck, we'll even take a post about your favourite food. Creativity is always welcome :)

This contest will run from 9/10/2014 until 9/19/2014 at 4:30pm PDT. Winners will be drawn live on The WAN Show using a random number generator.

The Surface Pro and the custom system will be given to the first two posts that are selected in the draw, the G550J will go to a random member that we feel embodies the attitude of the linustechtips.com community (who has posted in this thread ^_^).

Winners will be contacted through the forum and will have 3 days to reply to claim the prize before we re-draw!

Good luck, and again, thank you all for supporting us thus far :D